+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Same vo as mine. My aor is 23 July. Status is also same.... criminality and security not started yet.....
Keep in touch....are you in Montreal vo whatsapp group ?
Hey i am too with Montreal vo. Could you pls share whatsapp link to join the group? Thank you

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Hi,
I just received my CBSA notes.
Aor 23 July 2021
Status is same as told by IRCC over the phone.

I want to know what does it mean by application assignment due date ?
Eligibility passed
Security not started
Criminality not started
Medical passed
Info sharing complete

Application assessment due date 2022/02/19
Assigned by D0011
Assigned to RC-2710
Hey seems like you must have done some research. Could you pls share why did you order CBSA notes?

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Yes, VO Montreal is the slowest office ever. Plus you cannot see if your file is moving because they update everything at the very end. So you can order your notes but even that is not accurate at all.
everybody wait between 8-12 months to get the PR for this VO.

Hi there,
Just wanted to know, is this from personal experience or you have any source to back this up? Do all the immigration officers follow the same rules of not updating until the very end?
I know a lot of people, and also myself whose file has been transferred to Montréal but none have seen any updates on calls. Many have ordered notes recently, so notes not received yet.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hi there,
Just wanted to know, is this from personal experience or you have any source to back this up? Do all the immigration officers follow the same rules of not updating until the very end?
I know a lot of people, and also myself whose file has been transferred to Montréal but none have seen any updates on calls. Many have ordered notes recently, so notes not received yet.

I've been following Montreal VO and Ottawa VO closely for FSW inland candidates since the beginning of last year, and they don't seem to work the same way.

Ottawa VO updates eligibility early on, while Montreal VO only updates it at the very end.
Ottawa is taking 18-24+ months to issue CoPRs for FSW inland, and Montreal was taking about 10-14 months but now it seems they are moving all FSW inland from Montreal VO to elsewhere.

It's all empirical, so I don't think you will find such information in any official source.

My timeline in Montreal VO was:

AOR Dec 2020.
BIL/Medical passed Jan 2021.
According to GCMS notes, nothing happened until Nov 2021.
Eligibility was marked as not started until Nov 2021, then it was marked as review required.
Medical re-passed Nov 2021.
File Moved to Vancouver in Nov 2021.
Security passed in Feb 2022.
No movement after that.

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
I've been following Montreal VO and Ottawa VO closely for FSW inland candidates since the beginning of last year, and they don't seem to work the same way.

Ottawa VO updates eligibility early on, while Montreal VO only updates it at the very end.
Ottawa is taking 18-24+ months to issue CoPRs for FSW inland, and Montreal was taking about 10-14 months but now it seems they are moving all FSW inland from Montreal VO to elsewhere.

It's all empirical, so I don't think you will find such information in any official source.

My timeline in Montreal VO was:

AOR Dec 2020.
BIL/Medical passed Jan 2021.
According to GCMS notes, nothing happened until Nov 2021.
Eligibility was marked as not started until Nov 2021, then it was marked as review required.
Medical re-passed Nov 2021.
File Moved to Vancouver in Nov 2021.
Security passed in Feb 2022.
No movement after that.
I see, nothing about criminality and Infosharing either?

Thanks for the reply, wish you all the best!

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I see, nothing about criminality and Infosharing either?

Thanks for the reply, wish you all the best!
Criminality and info-sharing in progress since Jan 2021 (started just after I submitted biometrics).

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Criminality and info-sharing in progress since Jan 2021 (started just after I submitted biometrics).
So you mean Montréal just started your criminality and Infosharing and left it in progress and might have started your eligibility but you got to know abour RR only in the end before your file was transferred to Vancouver coz of their habit of not updating? So Vancouver atleast cleared your security in around 2-3 months which is a significant progress compared to Montréal.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
So you mean Montréal just started your criminality and Infosharing and left it in progress and might have started your eligibility but you got to know abour RR only in the end before your file was transferred to Vancouver coz of their habit of not updating? So Vancouver atleast cleared your security in around 2-3 months which is a significant progress compared to Montréal.
Yes, I think Montreal might have started working on my eligibility shortly after starting criminally and info-sharing, even though it showed eligibility "not started" when I got notes at the end of September 2021. I think they wait to updated it once they get their hands on the file to do some further work like finalizing it or forwarding it to another VO.
Re-Medical, marking Review Required, and moving to another VO all happened within the same week.

Many other applicants that I know of had a similar situation in Montreal (eligibility was not started and everything was silent for a long while and all of a sudden, a lot happened on the application).

In Ottawa VO, on the other hand, I know people who have eligibility and everything or almost everything else passed for over a year and the file is just stuck there waiting to be finalized.

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Yes, I think Montreal might have started working on my eligibility shortly after starting criminally and info-sharing, even though it showed eligibility "not started" when I got notes at the end of September 2021. I think they wait to updated it once they get their hands on the file to do some further work like finalizing it or forwarding it to another VO.
Re-Medical, marking Review Required, and moving to another VO all happened within the same week.

Many other applicants that I know of had a similar situation in Montreal (eligibility was not started and everything was silent for a long while and all of a sudden, a lot happened on the application).

In Ottawa VO, on the other hand, I know people who have eligibility and everything or almost everything else passed for over a year and the file is just stuck there waiting to be finalized.

Hmmm, interesting.
I think they moved files to other VOs as they are receiving a lot of PNP Outland applications, especially of AORs July August and September 2021. And they are following the same strategy maybe, coz none of the applications have seen any sort of progress so far.
Did you not get even GU when the file was in Montréal? Maybe not, coz if they update at the end, shortly before transferring, then one wouldn't see GUs.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hmmm, interesting.
I think they moved files to other VOs as they are receiving a lot of PNP Outland applications, especially of AORs July August and September 2021. And they are following the same strategy maybe, coz none of the applications have seen any sort of progress so far.
Did you not get even GU when the file was in Montréal? Maybe not, coz if they update at the end, shortly before transferring, then one wouldn't see GUs.
I don't receive ghost updates because I have a representative and they receive all emails and keep an eye on my account. They only inform me of actual updates.

But I know that other people got GUs from there.
Actually, the GUs seemed to come in batches, with some applicants with similar AORs getting them at the same time.

Reactions: NMu