+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Hello!

To those who have noticed glitches on the online portal, it seems IRCC along with Deloitte is conducting some tests for the new Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal, where applicants will confirm their address and send photos to finalize their application.

From what I understand, applicants that are in their final stage will be contacted for a first round of testing (they sent me email) and will I eventually roll the updated portal very soon. I hope this is finally a positive development for those sitting on an approved application for a very long time.
Thank you for sharing this new piece of information. When did you get that email? Could you share the actual content of that email if you don't mind? my application has been under processing for almost 14months now. It was all approved back in April but no CoPR so far (like many else). I think this may be a ray of hope.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Hello!

To those who have noticed glitches on the online portal, it seems IRCC along with Deloitte is conducting some tests for the new Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal, where applicants will confirm their address and send photos to finalize their application.

From what I understand, applicants that are in their final stage will be contacted for a first round of testing (they sent me email) and will I eventually roll the updated portal very soon. I hope this is finally a positive development for those sitting on an approved application for a very long time.
Thanks for letting us know. Considering that this Deloitte thing will be used for confirming address, would you mind letting us know if you are outland or inland, and if you are inland, do you have any dependents outside of Canada? Just trying to figure out how they plan to manage alternative landing procedures for different scenarios. Hope this provides solutions for most people. I can't even imagine how long some of you have been waiting, I would've gone crazy. :oops:

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
I cannot share the email, it is confidential and they tested on a very small sample. I am inland with no dependents.

A lot of inland applicants have received PPRs through this pandemic, whilst others have had to sit on an approved application for a long time. This is just my theory but I believe that the IRCC finalizes applications through either straight PPR (email/portal) or interview. However, for those who are unlucky enough to fall into the interview category they will have to wait until the IRCC offices are open for interviews but this is where this new procedure/portal comes into action. I hope this will finally get things moving.

Reactions: mknox

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I called IRCC to ask what the Friday / Monday ghost update was for. It seems it was because my file was moved to Hamilton. Montreal remains my primary office and Hamilton is secondary—or maybe the reverse, I forget which is which .

I didn't even know there was a VO Hamilton. No other progress. The file is touring the country, Sydney to Ottawa to Montreal to Hamilton... god knows where next. Now if only somebody would open it and process it...

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
I cannot share the email, it is confidential and they tested on a very small sample. I am inland with no dependents.

A lot of inland applicants have received PPRs through this pandemic, whilst others have had to sit on an approved application for a long time. This is just my theory but I believe that the IRCC finalizes applications through either straight PPR (email/portal) or interview. However, for those who are unlucky enough to fall into the interview category they will have to wait until the IRCC offices are open for interviews but this is where this new procedure/portal comes into action. I hope this will finally get things moving.
But any idea why would someone be in that category. I mean how they choose who moves in that and who doesn't?

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
But any idea why would someone be in that category. I mean how they choose who moves in that and who doesn't?
I have no idea, I would love to have the insight of an actual IRCC officer. At first I thought that inland applicants automatically fell into the second category, that is the interview, and received their Copr on the same day. However, from reading the forum's testimonies it is not necessarily the case. Some have received their Copr without any interview or passport request lately, and regardless of the visa office.

As usual, there's a lack of communication and information for the whole procedure. "Officially", the only update I received on the online portal was that I passed the medicals, and that was back in April 2019 ...

rav!so

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon & all,

I have a couple of questions:

ITA - Jan-20-2019
Submitted documents - Mar-01-2019
Biometrics & medicals - April-30-2019
Got married - May-29-2019
Added Spouse - Sep-30-2019
Medicals & PCC - Jan-13-2020
Got Spouse biometrics request - Mar-31-2020
Spouse biometrics - Jul-31-2020 (due to covid)
Got GCMS - Oct-06-2020

NOTES:

NOTES: 1
CREATED BY: XXXXXX
CREATE DATE: 2020/08/17
UPDATED BY: XXXX
RESTRICETED: NO
LABEL: GENERAL
OFFICE: MONTREAL IMMIGRATION
TEXT:
***OFFICER REVIEW*** ADMISSIBILITY CRMINIALITY X 2: NO PRIMARY CONCERNS BLAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. RPRF x 2 paid Awaiting for final review.

CREATE DATE: 2020/08/07
UPDATED DATE: 2020/08/07
TEXT: IC RECEIVED. FORWARDED FOR ACTION.

As per your previous reply i understood that my Eligibility is passed and the next step is Security screening. If it's blank in the Assessment section on page 2 of the file then my security is also underway.

My question is - will my express entry application have any expiry date, because i am almost nearing 2 years in 2 months from now.

Help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rav.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon & all,

I have a couple of questions:

ITA - Jan-20-2019
Submitted documents - Mar-01-2019
Biometrics & medicals - April-30-2019
Got married - May-29-2019
Added Spouse - Sep-30-2019
Medicals & PCC - Jan-13-2020
Got Spouse biometrics request - Mar-31-2020
Spouse biometrics - Jul-31-2020 (due to covid)
Got GCMS - Oct-06-2020

NOTES:

CREATE DATE: 2020/08/17
TEXT:
***OFFICER REVIEW*** ADMISSIBILITY CRMINIALITY X 2: NO PRIMARY CONCERNS BLAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. RPRF x 2 paid Awaiting for final review.

CREATE DATE: 2020/08/07
UPDATED DATE: 2020/08/07
TEXT: IC RECEIVED. FORWARDED FOR ACTION.

As per your previous reply i understood that my Eligibility is passed and the next step is Security screening. If it's blank in the Assessment section on page 2 of the file then my security is also underway.

My question is - will my express entry application have any expiry date, because i am almost nearing 2 years in 2 months from now.

Help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rav.
IF your security is blank then it means that it is either in progress or passed. Security screening details are always redacted in the GCMS notes and you will see s15 on the top right of the page where the security is. To read on s15 see https://bit.ly/3jvbiZO

EE entry application has no expiry date. After it is submitted, IRCC has to make a decision on it.

To read on security screening and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/3ouIwfG

Rakshit khanna

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Hey everyone! How much time it takes for your eligibilty to get approved from review required in montreal office. My eligibility is review required since june. No update is there in my file since then.
My file is under FSW INLAND category in february. Also, whats the approx processing time for this category in montreal office.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Hey everyone! How much time it takes for your eligibilty to get approved from review required in montreal office. My eligibility is review required since june. No update is there in my file since then.
My file is under FSW INLAND category in february. Also, whats the approx processing time for this category in montreal office.
Do you know why it is review required, for what reason?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Yes. Its because of my tourist visa rejection for usa and australia.
I see. Not sure how long for Montreal VO, but RR for stat questions should get resolved sooner than RR for other things—I am sure covid has slowed things down though.

That being said, it seems to me that many people with RR end up in Montreal VO. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this, just personal observation. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this. Not saying that there aren't any applications at Montreal that are not RR, but wondering whether all RR applications are always transferred to Montreal.

Last edited:

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
I see. Not sure how long for Montreal VO, but RR for stat questions should get resolved sooner than RR for other things—I am sure covid has slowed things down though.

That being said, it seems to me that many people with RR end up in Montreal VO. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this, just personal observation. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this. Not saying that there aren't any applications at Montreal that are not RR, but wondering whether all RR applications are always transferred to Montreal.
I can attest to that as well. I know so many other applicants with RR who are being processed/were processed at Montreal.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
I can attest to that as well. I know so many other applicants with RR who are being processed/were processed at Montreal.
That is an interesting observation.... When I spoke to an IRCC agent about 10 days ago, he told me that my application was transferred to Montreal back in April. When I pressed on him for the reasoning behind this transferring, he said that it needed extra reviewing. I was not sure what it meant, and
it just came back to me when I saw your post. I wonder if anyone else can shed more light on here in this forum?

fortunate11

Oct 27, 2020
I am a silent member of the forum.
It's a golden email today...
I am happy to announce that I received CoPR today 27-October-2020.
Thank you all for sharing info and giving Hopes. The forum has benefited a lot.
AOR, January 18 2020
FSW inland
Medical passed, January 31 2020
Biometrics, February 4 2020
Review of additional documents changed to "Not Applicable" from reviewing, October 15 2020
Background check completed, October 16 2020.
PR approved-CoPR, October 27 2020

There is hope with patience. Wish everyone the very best.

Thank you.