+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I can attest to that as well. I know so many other applicants with RR who are being processed/were processed at Montreal.
That is an interesting observation.... When I spoke to an IRCC agent about 10 days ago, he told me that my application was transferred to Montreal back in April. When I pressed on him for the reasoning behind this transferring, he said that it needed extra reviewing. I was not sure what it meant, and
it just came back to me when I saw your post. I wonder if anyone else can shed more light on here in this forum?
Yes, it would be good to find out whether this is indeed the case with Montreal files. I am already anxious about it now. I have recently learnt that prior visa refusals will cause an RR and I do have prior visa refusals. Legalfalcon said that this will not necessarily cause a delay but who knows, in covid times, I feel like they just need the tiniest reason to take even longer.

@Magnolian Did you order gcms notes and find out what the extra review is for?

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I am a silent member of the forum.
It's a golden email today...
I am happy to announce that I received CoPR today 27-October-2020.
Thank you all for sharing info and giving Hopes. The forum has benefited a lot.
AOR, January 18 2020
FSW inland
Medical passed, January 31 2020
Biometrics, February 4 2020
Review of additional documents changed to "Not Applicable" from reviewing, October 15 2020
Background check completed, October 16 2020.
PR approved-CoPR, October 27 2020

There is hope with patience. Wish everyone the very best.

Thank you.
Congratulations.

hawaii78

Jan 5, 2020
AOR, January 18 2020
FSW inland
Review of additional documents changed to "Not Applicable" from reviewing, October 15 2020

Thank you.
Congratulation!!!

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
AOR, January 18 2020
FSW inland

Thank you.
Congrats! What were your ADRs, if you don't mind?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
RNC police clearance for spouse.
Awesome, thank you. You must be over the moon.

A couple of follow-up questions, please. Did it take a long time for your ADR to go from "uploaded" to "being reviewed" to "not applicable"? I uploaded the same ADR more than a month back and it is not even in review yet. I wonder if that is normal.

Also, do you happen to know if your application was in review required for any reason?

fortunate11

Oct 27, 2020
Awesome, thank you. You must be over the moon.

A couple of follow-up questions, please. Did it take a long time for your ADR to go from "uploaded" to "being reviewed" to "not applicable"? I uploaded the same ADR more than a month back and it is not even in review yet. I wonder if that is normal.

Also, do you happen to know if your application was in review required for any reason?
It is normal and the timeline varies. I uploaded the ADR in February and was revised in March. On March 12, became review required due to the previous rejected open work permit application which was later approved.... The review required was only cleared in October.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
It is normal and the timeline varies. I uploaded the ADR in February and was revised in March. On March 12, became review required due to the previous rejected open work permit application which was later approved.... The review required was only cleared in October.
Thank you.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Yes, it would be good to find out whether this is indeed the case with Montreal files. I am already anxious about it now. I have recently learnt that prior visa refusals will cause an RR and I do have prior visa refusals. Legalfalcon said that this will not necessarily cause a delay but who knows, in covid times, I feel like they just need the tiniest reason to take even longer.

My case was same. stat questions in RR. took 6 months for review by officer and it cleared. my file was 99% cleared by end of nov-19 but RR was cleared mid May-2020. my file was at Ottawa and for RR it moved to Montreal.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
My case was same. stat questions in RR. took 6 months for review by officer and it cleared. my file was 99% cleared by end of nov-19 but RR was cleared mid May-2020. my file was at Ottawa and for RR it moved to Montreal.
6 months for the RR part alone! Good lord. Let's hope that had something to do with the pandemic messing things up and it doesn't normally take Montreal THAT long just for clearing stat questions. How frustrating, you must be relieved it is over!

I'm not sure what the deal is in my case. My file was at CIO (like everybody's in the beginning), then Ottawa briefly before it got transferred to Montreal. I am assuming that it is review required due to stat questions. Not sure whether Ottawa cleared the other aspects or not, because the agent says eligibility has not even been started. I wonder if it's possible that the agent is seeing incomplete information, or if eligibility gets set to met first and then not started again if review is required. And now it seems the file is transferred to Hamilton for workload redistribution but eligibility is still not started. :rolleyes:

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
6 months for the RR part alone! Good lord. Let's hope that had something to do with the pandemic messing things up and it doesn't normally take Montreal THAT long just for clearing stat questions. How frustrating, you must be relieved it is over!

I'm not sure what the deal is in my case. My file was at CIO (like everybody's in the beginning), then Ottawa briefly before it got transferred to Montreal. I am assuming that it is review required due to stat questions. Not sure whether Ottawa cleared the other aspects or not, because the agent says eligibility has not even been started. I wonder if it's possible that the agent is seeing incomplete information, or if eligibility gets set to met first and then not started again if review is required. And now it seems the file is transferred to Hamilton for workload redistribution but eligibility is still not started. :rolleyes:
order gcms.. don't rely on agents n dont bother calling..
i called back in feb n agent said my file is RR. i panicked for 2 months till i got my gcms..
also my file was RR since November, do no pandemic can only worsen it. but pandemic was not the reason for delay

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
order gcms.. don't rely on agents n dont bother calling..
i called back in feb n agent said my file is RR. i panicked for 2 months till i got my gcms..
also my file was RR since November, do no pandemic can only worsen it. but pandemic was not the reason for delay
Hmmm, I see. I ordered gcms and should receive them in 30–40 days. I find it confounding that it takes so long to get even those, but oh well.

It's really useful to know your experience, thanks so much!

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020

I ordered my notes on 29, Sep and still waiting for it.

Reactions: mknox

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I ordered my notes on 29, Sep and still waiting for it.
All the best and I hope you receive them soon. You have been waiting so much longer than me. I ordered on 24th just to see why it was transferred / what the RR is for. IRCC call centre agents are turning very grumpy these days and don't want to tell anything clearly. I was recently told: "Your eligibility is showing here as not started, but it has started, but I can't see anything here." Gee, thanks, super helpful. :rolleyes:

Also, Montreal transferred my file to Hamilton—without clearing the RR, I assume. Who knows what is happening. Seems like a long, long wait ahead.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Have there been any updates lately for anyone here?