+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

Finally .. got an email today from IRCC landing unit with below message -

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! "

looks like with the current COVID 19 situation, below is the new normal -
- No PPR request.
- No Landing appointment OR interview.
- Send Photos as per convenience for processing the PR card (timeline 1 year).
- The letter in email can be used for applying government benefits and services.

Looks like Montreal office is clearing the backlog now.
I hope everyone in this group will get the golden email soon :). Good Luck !!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! "

- No PPR request.
- The letter in email can be used for applying government benefits and services.

Congrats. This direct COPR is only for inland candidates though. Outland candidates will have to finish landing formalities as before.

Reactions: ratan-229944

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

- No PPR request.

Congrats', and I sure hope so!

15 months of waiting and going ... sitting on an approved application since January 2020.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

- No PPR request.

Congrats!! I'm happy to see that cases are being finalized but starting to feel very frustrated as my AOR is Sept 7th and all stages are clear according to webform and phone call... It just makes no sense. Anyway, tomorrow I'll request a new set of GCMS notes as that's the only thing I can do...

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
Thanks @cansha.

Yes I did ordered early this month. I didn't get that yet. Will reach you once I received.
@cansha

I received GCMS notes yesterday which I have applied on May 1st, 2020. There is no difference from my previous two notes. They didn't even touch my file from September, 2020.

Last update was
Eligibility: Recommended passed
Background check is in progress.

Today I called IRCC and they are also confirming the same.

Not sure what I have to do now. Any advice please.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha

I received GCMS notes yesterday which I have applied on May 1st, 2020. There is no difference from my previous two notes. They didn't even touch my file from September, 2020.

Last update was
Eligibility: Recommended passed
Background check is in progress.

Today I called IRCC and they are also confirming the same.

Not sure what I have to do now. Any advice please.
There is not much to do. Eligibility recommended passed is a very good sign. Given the scenarios delays are expected and Montreal isn't known for fast processing anyways.

Amy257

Feb 11, 2020
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

- No PPR request.

Congratulations

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

- No PPR request.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

- No PPR request.

Congratulations!!! Did you get any GU before?

Oxygen25

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey People, my AOR is 9 Sept, been on review required since November. I requested for updates through the web form and got background verification are in process, criminal and security verification not started. Please anything tangible from this? Does it mean that eligibility is passed?

Thank you.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hey People, my AOR is 9 Sept, been on review required since November. I requested for updates through the web form and got background verification are in process, criminal and security verification not started. Please anything tangible from this? Does it mean that eligibility is passed?

Thank you.
You should order your GCMS notes so you know what the review required is about. I'll also suggest you put a call through to the IRCC call center and ask specifically about the reason for the review required that way, you can address the issue ahead of time.

Background in process does not mean eligibility is passed. The background check consists of criminality and security checks. Your account may show background check in progress right from the day you submitted your application and may not be a true reflection of the situation. Usually, your security check will not begin until eligibility has been passed. However, there could be exceptions.

Again, I'll suggest you call the customer service center to get more details while you also order your GCMS notes. I wish you the very best.