+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Amy257

Feb 11, 2020
Hi Amy, did you raise any webform or call IRCC to remind them that you are an inland applicant? I am an inland applicant as well and all the stages passed in late March, but I am still waiting for the next step.
Hi,
I called IRCC in mid of Feb and came to know about all stages passed. I used to call after one month. When I tried to call in mid of March, call centres were closed due to Covid. Then I just waited.
In first of week of May, I called them back and heard about same thing ( all stages are passed) and the guy told me everything seems good and Just waiting for final decision.

but before final email, I got email from Montreal office about confirming my address. Then following day, I received approval.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi guys. I received this message today after enquiry about medical extension and passport validity. I did not ask about the status of the application I was referring to. I choose to read a positive meaning (approval) to the message. Please your opinions will be appreciated.

Good morning,

In light of the coronavirus pandemic, there are many delays occurring at the moment, as applicants are unable to travel to Canada to obtain permanent residence due to travel restrictions at the border.

As it is not currently known as to when the travel restrictions will be lifted and travel to Canada will be permitted for the purpose of being granted permanent residence, I advise you to advise IRCC via Webform once you are willing and able to travel to Canada, and you have been able to extend your passport (you will need a passport which is valid for 6 months or more to be issued a confirmation of permanent residence document).

We will not be able to finalize your application until notification of extension of your passport and ability to travel to Canada is received. Your medicals can be extended for an additional year by our office, and we will take care of that for you.

Thanks very much,
Hey,

Can you please give the email address that you used to contact IRCC.

Thank You.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Hi,
I am sorry for late reply. Firstly, congratulations on approval.
Actually, I got direct email from Montreal office. But later on, it was updated on online account.
Thanks Amy for the reply. So in the current covid situation what are the next steps after COPR ?.
I called CIC to get some info and as per the representative - because of covid situations all the interview process for inland applicant has been cancelled and once COPR is received the applicant can direct apply for PR Card.
Just Curious, do you follow the same ?

Amy257

Feb 11, 2020
Thanks Amy for the reply. So in the current covid situation what are the next steps after COPR ?.
I called CIC to get some info and as per the representative - because of covid situations all the interview process for inland applicant has been cancelled and once COPR is received the applicant can direct apply for PR Card.
Just Curious, do you follow the same ?
Yes, the representative is right. After receiving the final email, they will ask you to send photograph for PR card whenever possible as it mentions due to this covid situation, it won’t be possible to send it right away. That’s it.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Yes, the representative is right. After receiving the final email, they will ask you to send photograph for PR card whenever possible as it mentions due to this covid situation, it won’t be possible to send it right away. That’s it.
cool. So no need to validate the COPR .. correct ?. Got confused as I see the expiry date for my COPR in my online portal.

Amy257

Feb 11, 2020
cool. So no need to validate the COPR .. correct ?. Got confused as I see the expiry date for my COPR in my online portal.
correct, no need to do anything else.
Even I was confused in starting as in earlier process, COPR was supposed to be signed n all.
But then I confirmed and came to know that whatever is mention in the email, just follow that. I.e. sending the photo for PR card as per requirements whenever possible. Though my COPR is valid for one year.

Reactions: ratan-229944

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
correct, no need to do anything else.
Even I was confused in starting as in earlier process, COPR was supposed to be signed n all.
But then I confirmed and came to know that whatever is mention in the email, just follow that. I.e. sending the photo for PR card as per requirements whenever possible. Though my COPR is valid for one year.
Got it !! For me I haven't received any email but as per CIC they have mailed my COPR and as per portal it has expiry date of Sep 2020.
One last question, Any idea how long it took for you to update the COPR document in account ? Currently I see the document number and expiry date without attachment.

Amy257

Feb 11, 2020
Got it !! For me I haven't received any email but as per CIC they have mailed my COPR and as per portal it has expiry date of Sep 2020.
One last question, Any idea how long it took for you to update the COPR document in account ? Currently I see the document number and expiry date without attachment.
i had received email from immigration around 8 in the morning and online portal was updated around 11.30am.

Reactions: ratan-229944

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Amy, did you raise any webform or call IRCC to remind them that you are an inland applicant? I am an inland applicant as well and all the stages passed in late March, but I am still waiting for the next step.
Hey Oscar, I'm in the same situation as you... I guess some of us are just unlucky, lol.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Dear all,

I have a question regarding my application, as you may see from my notes below that all stages passed on March 30.

My MP's assistant helped me contacted IRCC on March 16 and said she would follow again in Spring. Do you think I can ask them to push IRCC to send COPR to me directly without sending passport nor landing this time?

I do not know whether it's proper to ask the MP's office to make such a specific inquiry.

Thank you in advance!

paxi

May 24, 2020
ETA doesn't apply anymore given the situation around Covid and how badly is Montreal hit. Order GCMS notes if you want to know status.

Same as above. Order GCMS notes.

No. Whether you need to send additional information may depend on what is stated in GCMS notes. If the analyst made any observations which can be solved by sending additional documents then yes.

No. Inland as the name suggests are candidates who are physically in Canada.
Thanks for clarifying these questions Cansha. Appreciate the help!