+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Oxygen25

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
You should order your GCMS notes so you know what the review required is about. I'll also suggest you put a call through to the IRCC call center and ask specifically about the reason for the review required that way, you can address the issue ahead of time.

Background in process does not mean eligibility is passed. The background check consists of criminality and security checks. Your account may show background check in progress right from the day you submitted your application and may not be a true reflection of the situation. Usually, your security check will not begin until eligibility has been passed. However, there could be exceptions.

Again, I'll suggest you call the customer service center to get more details while you also order your GCMS notes. I wish you the very best.
Thank you. I already got GCMS notes, and submitted LOE and more information about my work experience. Previous responses to webforms raised said eligibility under review and background check not started, however this last one did not mention eligibility and said BG verification in process.

I just hope it's good news, I am just tired of the whole process.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Thank you. I already got GCMS notes, and submitted LOE and more information about my work experience. Previous responses to webforms raised said eligibility under review and background check not started, however this last one did not mention eligibility and said BG verification in process.

I just hope it's good news, I am just tired of the whole process.
Good news on the way.

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hello, question: how many times was your "assignment due" rescheduled?

sindrom1992

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

I just wanted to update you on my application since I received the big news on Wednesday.

Inland
Aor: 23 June
Review Required since November
Ghost Update 7 May
On Wednesday, the London Immigration Office send me an email for a Phone Interview.
Received COPR the same day.

Stay patient guys and the golden email will come.

Reactions: MARYKE4NNY

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hello,

I just wanted to update you on my application since I received the big news on Wednesday.

Inland
Ghost Update 7 May
On Wednesday, the London Immigration Office send me an email for a Phone Interview.

Congratulations!!

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hello,

Inland
Ghost Update 7 May

Congratulations! My AOR was Aug. 29 while GU on April 1... Still waiting

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello,

Inland
Ghost Update 7 May

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Just browsed the post and find something interesting...

@Amy257 's good news was on May 13, Wednesday;

@ratan-229944 's good news was on May 20, Wednesday;

@sindrom1992 's good news was on May 27, Wednesday!

Its seems that Wednesday is the day that Montreal VO sends COPR for the inland applicants!

While next Wednesday will be June 3, let's hope for the best!!!
Nice!!

suhail8823

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Hi,

My AOR is JAN 11, 2020.

Just reading through the timelines in this group for the first time. All my hopes of getting PR in 6 months just got vanished as I saw my web form reply that my file is in Montreal. I used to live in Montreal and moved to Toronto to get PR asap and now my profile went back to Montreal which is like the worst VO. I am so frustated.

• Sad
Reactions: Joyz

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Dont get frustrated, Practice yoga/meditation to get more patience. I do the same coz my AOR is 2nd April 2019 and MEP passed on 1-March-2020.
AWAITING GOLDEN MAIL DAY AND NIGHT..................... :) :)

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Just browsed the post and find something interesting...

@Amy257 's good news was on May 13, Wednesday;

@ratan-229944 's good news was on May 20, Wednesday;

@sindrom1992 's good news was on May 27, Wednesday!

Its seems that Wednesday is the day that Montreal VO sends COPR for the inland applicants!

While next Wednesday will be June 3, let's hope for the best!!!
Awesome data, haha. Hopefully we'll receive our good news this Wednesday...

suhail8823

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dont get frustrated, Practice yoga/meditation to get more patience. I do the same coz my AOR is 2nd April 2019 and MEP passed on 1-March-2020.
AWAITING GOLDEN MAIL DAY AND NIGHT..................... :) :)
wtf...My medical passed in Jan itself and Biometric was done in feb. No updates since. I called ircc once she said eligibility is passed and criminality is worked upon, but when the web form reply came, it says eligibility is been looked upon. So no idea what is going on here.

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
wtf...My medical passed in Jan itself and Biometric was done in feb. No updates since. I called ircc once she said eligibility is passed and criminality is worked upon, but when the web form reply came, it says eligibility is been looked upon. So no idea what is going on here.
I called CIC on 9th & 13th March'2020 and 20th May'2020 respectively and got the confirmation that ELIGIBILITY/SECURITY/BACKGROUND and MEDICALS got PASSED only pending with FINAL decision from Senior Visa Officer but below was the update when I raised the webform.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
"