+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Interesting, perhaps the part about security is just redacted even though you passed it?

I ordered notes twice, the first time was in December and that was disclosed in part, the second time in March, and that was disclosed in full. Who knows which one it is going to be if I request notes for the third time.

@legalfalcon knows a lot about GCMS notes, so hopefully, they can offer their opinion on this. Also maybe @cansha and @caipsnotes can help here?

when information is disclosed in part that means an exemption has been invoked.
The majority of exemptions invoked by IRCC fell under three sections of the Act (source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/access-information-act-privacy-act-2018-2019.html)
Subsection 19(1), which protects personal information, was used in 38,816 cases (76 per cent);
Subsection 16(1), which addresses law enforcement and criminal investigations, was used in 16,369 cases (32 per cent); and
Subsection 15(1), which covers international relations, defence and subversive activities, was used in 13,721 cases (27 per cent).
generally speaking, an applicant should not worry about such exemptions unless one knows something that should have been disclosed anyways. situations and circumstances evolve over time but it's an interesting observation that something disclosed in part and was later fully disclosed. every applicants situation is different and the exemption process itself is complex (that's why sometimes delays happens). happy to help further; thanks @ahmed_hegazy for tagging.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Interesting, perhaps the part about security is just redacted even though you passed it?

I ordered notes twice, the first time was in December and that was disclosed in part, the second time in March, and that was disclosed in full. Who knows which one it is going to be if I request notes for the third time.

@legalfalcon knows a lot about GCMS notes, so hopefully, they can offer their opinion on this. Also maybe @cansha and @caipsnotes can help here?
When information from IRCC or any federal agency is obtained, not all details are disclosed, as they will be exempt from disclosure under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act.

To see what section was used to exempt the information from disclosure, see the top right corner of the page and you will see s16 / 15, which are the most common.

When it pertains to personal information that will fall under section 19. These sections are from the Access to Information Act, and the Privacy has the same same corresponding sections but with different numbers. See https://bit.ly/3g5OT4P

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hello! I've just reached this thread. I'm a fsw-I in Ontario (no nomination) AOR Dec2019 and my office is the one in Montreal. I've just read that there are people that received now the pr after one year. Question: is this office very slow? In my gcms notes there's written that a decision should be due on June 15 but I noticed that since February my application is on hold due to security that has not started. Thoughts?

Raj Brar 22

Jun 6, 2019
AOR NOV-2018 MONTRAL VISA OFFICE...still waiting got notes today pls help me understand coz in Note 1 :security section is blank at bottom it says valid *** final decision** Satisfied applicant meets IRPA requirements : Application approved... but when i call ircc they say background chk in progress pls help me understand.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hi guys. I received this message today after enquiry about medical extension and passport validity. I did not ask about the status of the application I was referring to. I choose to read a positive meaning (approval) to the message. Please your opinions will be appreciated.

Good morning,

In light of the coronavirus pandemic, there are many delays occurring at the moment, as applicants are unable to travel to Canada to obtain permanent residence due to travel restrictions at the border.

As it is not currently known as to when the travel restrictions will be lifted and travel to Canada will be permitted for the purpose of being granted permanent residence, I advise you to advise IRCC via Webform once you are willing and able to travel to Canada, and you have been able to extend your passport (you will need a passport which is valid for 6 months or more to be issued a confirmation of permanent residence document).

We will not be able to finalize your application until notification of extension of your passport and ability to travel to Canada is received. Your medicals can be extended for an additional year by our office, and we will take care of that for you.

Thanks very much,

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi guys. I received this message today after enquiry about medical extension and passport validity. I did not ask about the status of the application I was referring to. I choose to read a positive meaning (approval) to the message. Please your opinions will be appreciated.

Good morning,

In light of the coronavirus pandemic, there are many delays occurring at the moment, as applicants are unable to travel to Canada to obtain permanent residence due to travel restrictions at the border.

As it is not currently known as to when the travel restrictions will be lifted and travel to Canada will be permitted for the purpose of being granted permanent residence, I advise you to advise IRCC via Webform once you are willing and able to travel to Canada, and you have been able to extend your passport (you will need a passport which is valid for 6 months or more to be issued a confirmation of permanent residence document).

We will not be able to finalize your application until notification of extension of your passport and ability to travel to Canada is received. Your medicals can be extended for an additional year by our office, and we will take care of that for you.

Thanks very much,
That’s awesome!
Your AOR and how did you contact them??

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
That’s awesome!
Your AOR and how did you contact them??
Thanks. My AOR is August 16, 2019. I contacted them via email.

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
AOR - 03 OCT 2019.

my account got updated today with below message -

Final decision - May 20, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

But I don't see any message/email in my account !!

The document status is updated with - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)

But I don't see any document attachment !!

any idea whats going on ?

Reactions: MARYKE4NNY

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
AOR - 03 OCT 2019.

Final decision - May 20, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

The document status is updated with - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)

Congratulations. You may use a different browser. Chrome is usually preferred.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
AOR - 03 OCT 2019.

Are you inland??

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
AOR NOV-2018 MONTRAL VISA OFFICE...still waiting got notes today pls help me understand coz in Note 1 :security section is blank at bottom it says valid *** final decision** Satisfied applicant meets IRPA requirements : Application approved... but when i call ircc they say background chk in progress pls help me understand.
Seems like your file is approved. If you post screenshot of your GCMS notes then it would be easier to tell.
It's better to ignore what they tell you on call. You can only trust what is in GCMS notes.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
AOR - 03 OCT 2019.

Are you inland? Another user posted some days ago that they received COPR directly in account. Seems like a new process for inland candidates. Congrats!!

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Hi everyone.
I hope this will give positivity to everyone who is waiting. Immigration is working on applications, approvals and COPRs.
I got direct email of “COPR” from immigration.
My AOR was 16 May,2019 (FSW- inland).
Hi, my application got approved with the COPR document status. but I don't see the COPR attachment in account / email.

Do you get the attachment in account ?