+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

user28

Jul 3, 2019
Hey folks,
I learned from my latest GCMS note that my file was transferred from the Ottowa visa office to the Montreal visa office. My stream is FSW-O and Aug 29, 19 AoR.
I just got off the phone call with IRCC agent and was informed that my eligibility was finally passed (been under review for several months). Now security background verification is the only thing yet to start. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Hi,

We are the in the same situation. My AOR is Oct 2, 2019. My eligibility is still under review required in Montreal. How many months did it take for you from eligibility review required to eligibility passed in Montreal?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you @cansha.. Generally how many months does it take to clear RR in Montreal?
Difficult to say in these times. In past people with RR or without RR both got PPR in 6-8 months. Those were times when other visa offices were processing application in less than 6 months. These days these timelines have no meaning.

Reactions: user28

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hi,

We are the in the same situation. My AOR is Oct 2, 2019. My eligibility is still under review required in Montreal. How many months did it take for you from eligibility review required to eligibility passed in Montreal?
My application was probably stuck in eligibility review required since last October until most recent. However, my gcms note suggests that RR was placed by the central intake office agent in the first place and went untouched before my files were transferred to Montreal office. So it really depends on how your application is processed internally and whether an agent would timely and dutifully manage your RR. Good luck!

Reactions: user28

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Got this response on the webform request I raised 2 weeks ago-
  • The eligibility verification is currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
I called IRCC today and the agent told me that my file is under final review. And that the last time an officer looked at it to start that review was 2 weeks ago. What does the 'final review' mean? Any idea on how long does that takes?
It's the final decision. If it's all valid, it's very unlikely that they will deny your PPR. It's just a matter of waiting for the golden email now. I'm in the same situation, as well as some other applicants here in this thread. There's no timeline and with this Covid-19 situation it's even harder to predict, so all we have to do is be patient.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
I raised a webform again last week and got the feedback below. Actually, I intended to ask when the officers will make final decisions.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Montreal Immigration office.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I raised a webform again last week and got the feedback below. Actually, I intended to ask when the officers will make final decisions.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Montreal Immigration office.
Big congrats! It seems your case only awaits the final approval. I share the same AOR and visa office as yours but my security background is yet to start... Anyway, you will hear good news very soon.

Aditya0211

Jan 31, 2020
I found this on IRCC website, "IRCC is working on ways to finalize applications virtually. If you have a file in progress, check our website regularly for the most up to date information on the impacts of COVID on IRCC file processing". Hopefully they come up with something soon

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hi everyone.
I hope this will give positivity to everyone who is waiting. Immigration is working on applications, approvals and COPRs.
I got direct email of “COPR” from immigration.
My AOR was 16 May,2019 (FSW- inland).
Congratulations.

Reactions: Amy257

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi everyone.
I hope this will give positivity to everyone who is waiting. Immigration is working on applications, approvals and COPRs.
Congrats! That’s a great news! I’ve recently received adr and submitted them in this week. Hopefully, there will be some progress in my application.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi everyone.
Wow! Congratulations!!!

May I ask did you get this email or an email notification that directs you to check your IRCC account? Is the COPR issued by Montreal VO?

jr93511

Sep 4, 2019
Hi everyone.
Wow that's a long time waiting. Big congrats!