+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

jr93511

Sep 4, 2019
thanks @cansha ...

yes I got two GCMS notes after 6 months and 10 months ...no difference .. both are looking same..

there is no specific description on the notes about reason for background check is in progress For long time..
Yeah I'm an inland candidate, and my background check started at the beginning too. In my notes there's also nothing to show why this takes such long time. I guess we are fine, just have to wait.

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
thanks @cansha ...

yes I got two GCMS notes after 6 months and 10 months ...no difference .. both are looking same..

there is no specific description on the notes about reason for background check is in progress For long time..
@cansha
Even my medicals got expired on 26-Apr-2020, do I need to do re-medicals?

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
I have a question to those who were told last week that everything is passed and a final decision is pending: Do you guys expect this current wait to last for days/weeks/months? I have no idea what to expect...

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have a question to those who were told last week that everything is passed and a final decision is pending: Do you guys expect this current wait to last for days/weeks/months? I have no idea what to expect...
I got the same update exactly on 7th March and I have been waiting for Final Decision.

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
I got the same update exactly on 7th March and I have been waiting for Final Decision.
It seems to me that they approve applications in batches, based on the earlier examples on this thread. My guess is we will all hear an update around the same time, but of course I could be wrong.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Really hard to know because there are a lot of people waiting since March (or even before), as @Joyz. I hope it's sooner than later but it's pretty hard to predict.

Mar 12, 2020
Hello, i just got a reply on the webform i submitted. Does anyone know what this means
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application.

• Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
Although processing times may vary, rest assured that we are committed to finalizing your application within the regular processing time.

We invite you to visit our website for more information on what to expect after a permanent residence application is submitted.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello, i just got a reply on the webform i submitted. Does anyone know what this means
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application.

• Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
Although processing times may vary, rest assured that we are committed to finalizing your application within the regular processing time.

We invite you to visit our website for more information on what to expect after a permanent residence application is submitted.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

That's a standard message. Really hard to know from it in which step of the process they are with your application. What is your stream and AOR?

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thank you.
My stream is FSW - Outland and AOR - 31st December 2019.
You are still within the standard processing time, so not much to worry right now. However, if I were you I would request GCMS notes to learn if there's any review required in your process just so you can act proactively if needed.

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
A ray of hope in these tough times :)
AOR - June 10th 2019
ADR request - February 19th 2020
Documents submitted - February 24th 2020
Latest Update - APRIL 6 2020

I raised a web form on April 2nd and received a response today:

Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

In parallel, I see updates on my account as well-
Review of additional documents changed to 'NOT APPLICABLE'

My application was initially accepted by Montreal office. Transferred to Vancouver office around January and per today's webform update it's processing in Local immigration office in Montreal, Quebec.

@cansha My medicals were expired. But today it changed to 'April 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam'. Does this mean they have extended my medicals and if I'm almost close to receiving a PPR ?
@Kiara02
After how many days of medical expiry you got update of medical passed. My medicals expired last week and my AOR is 29-May-2019.