+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
@cansha I just got a reply to my webform. My eligibility has been passed and security background verification is currently valid. My criminality also has been met. If these are the only steps, then why don’t we get a reply to webform saying the file has been approved like other visa offices do??

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Specifically mentioned contacting if the additional documentation is needed even though the eligibility is passed. @cansha and other friends, do you know of any past cases where eligibility is passed but requested for additional documents?.
Don't worry about that. That's standard language. Even though asking for additional documents is rare once eligibility is recommended passed but it can happen in case visa officer doing the final review wants additional information. It doesn't happen very often though.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha I just got a reply to my webform. My eligibility has been passed and security background verification is currently valid. My criminality also has been met. If these are the only steps, then why don’t we get a reply to webform saying the file has been approved like other visa offices do??
Because file is not approved unless a visa officer goes and changes the status of the file to approved in the system. So, it's like your file processing is 95% done but the last step is when a visa officer looks at all the information and approves the file in the system.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Because file is not approved unless a visa officer goes and changes the status of the file to approved in the system. So, it's like your file processing is 95% done but the last step is when a visa officer looks at all the information and approves the file in the system.
Thank You!

roy3_11

Apr 16, 2020
AOR 3/11
VO: Montreal
My application was updated and additional documents section changed from review to not required and my biometric section has a date the same as my AOR date, earlier it reflected that it hadn't received any of Biometrics.
What does this mean folks?

kay1234

Jul 18, 2019
Last month I sent a webform asking for the status. I received that elegibility has passed and security is in process. recently, I sent another webform, and I received that the officer is verifying if you meet the elegibility under the program you applied, security still in process. The creminality is valid in both responses.

Anyone had a similar experience? @cansha any insight on this?
Thank you!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Last month I sent a webform asking for the status. I received that elegibility has passed and security is in process. recently, I sent another webform, and I received that the officer is verifying if you meet the elegibility under the program you applied, security still in process. The creminality is valid in both responses.

Anyone had a similar experience? @cansha any insight on this?
Thank you!
It's a standard response so don't read too much into it.

mnakhaei60

Apr 17, 2020
AOR 3/11
VO: Montreal
My application was updated and additional documents section changed from review to not required and my biometric section has a date the same as my AOR date, earlier it reflected that it hadn't received any of Biometrics.
What does this mean folks?
Building on that, my status changed from "We are reviewing the additional document you provided" to "Not Applicable" on Apr 17.
My Timeline is: (FSW-inland)
AOR: Sep 2, 2019
Medical Passed: Sep 19
A set of ghost updates changing my background status
ADR: Nov 19, they asked me to send my Canadian degree certificate. When I had submitted my application, I didn't have my Canadian degree ready. I submitted a letter of degree completion as well as my transcripts showing that I had completed my degree but degree convocation was due Nov 15.
After a couple of weeks it changed to "We are reviewing the additional document you provided."
No change since then.
I ordered notes in March and it turned out that the analyst had recommended Review of eligibility and had requested additional document. But, no touch since then until today when the status changed.
Any idea??
I am a bit concerned! Will they accept my Canadian degree with a trancript and completion letter and the document I provided later?

jr93511

Sep 4, 2019
Building on that, my status changed from "We are reviewing the additional document you provided" to "Not Applicable" on Apr 17.
ADR: Nov 19, they asked me to send my Canadian degree certificate. When I had submitted my application, I didn't have my Canadian degree ready. I submitted a letter of degree completion as well as my transcripts showing that I had completed my degree but degree convocation was due Nov 15.
After a couple of weeks it changed to "We are reviewing the additional document you provided."
No change since then.
I ordered notes in March and it turned out that the analyst had recommended Review of eligibility and had requested additional document. But, no touch since then until today when the status changed.
Any idea??
I am a bit concerned! Will they accept my Canadian degree with a trancript and completion letter and the document I provided later?
Hey I think that's a good sign.
From what I learned about the other cases, "Not Applicable" normally means they have already reviewed your additional documents and cleared or will clear your "review required" status. And next step might be eligibility passed or recommend pass. I'd say order another set of notes to see what have happened since the last time you read them.
I'm also an FSW inland applicant, AOR Sep 16. Recently it seems Montreal VO are starting working on cases in August and September, according to the folks updated in this thread. That's positive news for us :)

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
@cansha Hello, just wanted an advice I see you have lots of experience with these procedures.
My file was in approved on the 16th of January 2020, I confirmed it with a call two weeks later and with a set of GCMS notes received mid February 2020.
It has been three months now, and with the pandemic situation I have no idea how long this is going to be.

As an inland applicant, would there be any way I could perhaps remind them of my file? I raised a webform and called 3-4 times since the beginning of my application (AOR- 27th February 2019 - Montreal), should I try that again?

Thank you in advance for any tip.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha Hello, just wanted an advice I see you have lots of experience with these procedures.
My file was in approved on the 16th of January 2020, I confirmed it with a call two weeks later and with a set of GCMS notes received mid February 2020.
It has been three months now, and with the pandemic situation I have no idea how long this is going to be.

As an inland applicant, would there be any way I could perhaps remind them of my file? I raised a webform and called 3-4 times since the beginning of my application (AOR- 27th February 2019 - Montreal), should I try that again?

Thank you in advance for any tip.
Hey as you may be aware that for inland candidates IRCC conducts landing interviews where they invite you to an IRCC office and ask you very basic questions and in 10 minutes confirm your PR status. When this situation started IRCC decided to do these interviews on the call instead of in person. But these was for the interviews which were already scheduled. I have not heard of any new case where interview was scheduled over the phone. Given the situation many offices are running very low on staff and that could be a reason for delay.

Honestly, there is no sure shot way of reminding them. You may raise a webform but there is no surety it would work. There is no harm in raising another webform and reminding them again. Also, if you are on work permit and your work permit is about to expire and without PR you would need to extend it or something like that. You can mention that on webform and see if they would conduct interview on phone and approve your PR status.

Reactions: Arsen Lupin

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
No change since then.
Any idea??
Whoa, I feel really good reading your post. My AOR is Sept 7th and I had an ADR request on Nov 21, but from my GCMS notes it seems like they haven't touch my process since then. Hopefully they started working on September cases now and soon will get to mine.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
I just called IRCC and successfully reached an agent after 40 minutes waiting.

The agent said my eligibility, criminality and security all passed and all I need to do is waiting for the final decision.

AOR 8.29
MEP 9.13
RR 11.15(Known from the GCMS notes)
GU 4.1