+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

HN92

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hi my Montreal Family,

I have some good news.

Got a GHOOOOOSSSSTTTTT UPPPPPDAAAATTTEEEE today in the morning when logged into MY CIC account.

So called CIC and came to know finally my ELIGIBILITYYYYYYYYYY has been PAAAASSSEEEDDDD today in the morning!

YES!!!!!!!!!

No PPR yet but for me this feeling is as equal as getting a PPR!

So below is the status now :

AOR : 1st February, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Applicants : Me & Spouse
Visa Office : Montreal
Medical : Passed (Medical valid till 22nd Jan 2020 for myself)
Eligibility: PASSED on 10th Jan, 2020 (After Procedural Fairness Letter response on 17th December, 2019)
Criminality: Passed (12th December, 2019)
Security: Passed (12th December, 2019)

Agent said now we have passed all the 4 stages of the application however officer will look at it for one final time before approving and sending a PPR/Interview request.

Not sure how far I am from the GOLDEN EMAIL but 1 thing is for sure that I can have some sound sleep tonight.

@cansha - Can you please shed some light on my case like when can I expect a final decision as have passed everything.

I wish we all get PPR next week.

God is great.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers!
Félicitations mon ami!! Really happy for you.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Very glad to hear some good news for Montreal! I ordered and received GCMS notes and here is what I found:

AOR - August 31st
MEP - September 13th
ADR RCMP Report - September 13th

Eligibility GCMS Notes by Program Assistant in CIO was:
R10 OK + Review Required - Pending RCMP report - September 13th

RCMP report submitted - October 11th

Eligibility Notes by Analyst in Montreal Visa Office on November 18th as follows:
Recommendation Review Required MI3 Summary Notes : CIO Recommendation: Review Required pending outstanding PC (RCMP Fingerprints) - RCMP criminal record check received - NRT - Biometrics (Not required - Public policy applies) INFO SHARING: NO CONCERNS - A11.2 Appears Met R75 FSW minimum requirements : Appears Met R76 Selection Criteria FSW points/funds: Appears Met - FSW points total : 73 Ready to finalize - RPRF complete

Something I noticed: On one of the GCMS notes pages where analyst notes are documented, I can see s.22(1)(b) at the top right corner. Nothing was redacted as far as I can see. Note that I ordered these notes under the Privacy Act (not the Access to information Act)

Then I spoke with call center to try and understand why my eligibility continued to be review required, even tho it clearly says I submitted RCMP check with NRT. The agent told me that this application is going very well, it is not a matter of eligibility anymore, and they are running background checks that require them to work with other organizations. He also said "it is just a matter of time, but hard to predict timeline because it depends on when the other organizations respond etc".

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi @cansha ,

I hope you can help me. I have received my GCMS notes. And following is the case analyst notes:

Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2019-08-29_ PA: ZAINAB ARSHIYA, - EE FSW Having analyzed this
application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, | makethe following recommendation.
ANALYST
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required Ml3 SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS CRIMINALITY BIOMETRICS RECEIVED: NRT INFO SHARING: READY TO BE ASSESSED.

A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS I Funds: Appears Met FSW points total: 68 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 475 CRS points minimum score
for round: 466 CRS score at application (APR): 475 I Verified CRS score: 450 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for 1+ year(s) Foreign Work
Experience with “ &

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSSIGCMS): PA: No trace other than present application NOTE: PA WAS IN
PREVIOUS POOL.

FAMILY
COMPOSITION: SINGLE; never married No indication of previous marriageslcl partners No declared children
MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK
EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2019-08-29 Primary Occupation: NOC 2281 Computer and Network Operators and Web Technicians EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master's Degree: MASTER OF SCIENCE ; Master's Degree: master of science 2017-07 to 2017-12 - Associate Developer (NOC: 2174) - at xxx - - Letter dated 2019-04-19 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of $xxxlyear.
Letter confirms fullltime employment; CRS Foreign Work: 0 years and 6 months. 2016-02 to 2017-06 - Software Developer Intern (NOC: 2174) - at xxx - Web-based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2019-07-31 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of $xxx/yeat - Letter confirms fullltime employment; CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 5 months. 2013-01 to 2014-07 - System Administrator
(NOC: 2281) - at xxx *REVIEW REQUIRED* - Web-based search confirms employer information NOTE: LETTER CONFIRMS WORK PERIOD JOB DESCRIPTIONS IS CONSISTENT WITH DECLARED NOC
Letter confirms salary of $xxx/month - Letter confirms fullltime employment; FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of
1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 1 year(s) 11 month(s) of 3 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
WORK

EXPERIENCE: 1 year, 9 FSW Points
ARRANGED

EMPLOYMENT OFFER: 0 FSW Points

ADAPTABILITY: 0 FSW Points

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha ,

I hope you can help me. I have received my GCMS notes. And following is the case analyst notes:

Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2019-08-29_ PA: ZAINAB ARSHIYA, - EE FSW Having analyzed this
application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, | makethe following recommendation.
ANALYST
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required Ml3 SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION: PASS CRIMINALITY BIOMETRICS RECEIVED: NRT INFO SHARING: READY TO BE ASSESSED.

A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS I Funds: Appears Met FSW points total: 68 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 475 CRS points minimum score
for round: 466 CRS score at application (APR): 475 I Verified CRS score: 450 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for 1+ year(s) Foreign Work
Experience with “ &

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSSIGCMS): PA: No trace other than present application NOTE: PA WAS IN
PREVIOUS POOL.

FAMILY
COMPOSITION: SINGLE; never married No indication of previous marriageslcl partners No declared children
MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK
EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2019-08-29 Primary Occupation: NOC 2281 Computer and Network Operators and Web Technicians EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master's Degree: MASTER OF SCIENCE ; Master's Degree: master of science 2017-07 to 2017-12 - Associate Developer (NOC: 2174) - at xxx - - Letter dated 2019-04-19 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of $xxxlyear.
Letter confirms fullltime employment; CRS Foreign Work: 0 years and 6 months. 2016-02 to 2017-06 - Software Developer Intern (NOC: 2174) - at xxx - Web-based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2019-07-31 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of $xxx/yeat - Letter confirms fullltime employment; CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 5 months. 2013-01 to 2014-07 - System Administrator
(NOC: 2281) - at xxx *REVIEW REQUIRED* - Web-based search confirms employer information NOTE: LETTER CONFIRMS WORK PERIOD JOB DESCRIPTIONS IS CONSISTENT WITH DECLARED NOC
Letter confirms salary of $xxx/month - Letter confirms fullltime employment; FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of
1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 1 year(s) 11 month(s) of 3 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
WORK

EXPERIENCE: 1 year, 9 FSW Points
ARRANGED

EMPLOYMENT OFFER: 0 FSW Points

ADAPTABILITY: 0 FSW Points

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet
It seems the program analyst put your third work experience in review required but what is weird is he mentioned that he could confirm the employer as well as job duties. It's not very clear what he didn't like about the letter.

But seems like you claimed 3 years work experience but he doesn't want like documentation for 1 year and 11 months out of those 3 years. But it's not clear why. Because of that your calculated crw score comes to 450 which is less than cut off score.

Give some more details on what experience you claimed and what documents did you provide to see if we can figure out what may have happened.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
It seems the program analyst put your third work experience in review required but what is weird is he mentioned that he could confirm the employer as well as job duties. It's not very clear what he didn't like about the letter.

But seems like you claimed 3 years work experience but he doesn't want like documentation for 1 year and 11 months out of those 3 years. But it's not clear why. Because of that your calculated crw score comes to 450 which is less than cut off score.

Give some more details on what experience you claimed and what documents did you provide to see if we can figure out what may have happened.
I have experience in two different NOCs. One is 2281 and the other is 2174. I used 2281 as my primary NOC and the review required is for the same experience. After reading the gcms notes I verified my experience letter. It has everything except for exact dates and the date the letter was issued. I was thinking can that be an issue. For employment dates the employer just gave months and the years of the work period. Can that be an issue??

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have experience in two different NOCs. One is 2281 and the other is 2174. I used 2281 as my primary NOC and the review required is for the same experience. After reading the gcms notes I verified my experience letter. It has everything except for exact dates and the date the letter was issued. I was thinking can that be an issue. For employment dates the employer just gave months and the years of the work period. Can that be an issue??
Month and year is fine for work experience. However, in past, people have received review required if letters were not dated. So that could be an issue. Problem is the agent hasn't made it clear in his notes so difficult to say if that's the issue. I would say see if you can get an updated letter which has a date if you can. For now, difficult to say one way or another but if that is the issue they may ask for an updated letter via ADR and if they do better to be prepared.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Month and year is fine for work experience. However, in past, people have received review required if letters were not dated. So that could be an issue. Problem is the agent hasn't made it clear in his notes so difficult to say if that's the issue. I would say see if you can get an updated letter which has a date if you can. For now, difficult to say one way or another but if that is the issue they may ask for an updated letter via ADR and if they do better to be prepared.
I got an updated letter now. Was planning to raise a webform and send it. Would this cause a delay in processing of application??

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Very glad to hear some good news for Montreal! I ordered and received GCMS notes and here is what I found:

AOR - August 31st
MEP - September 13th
ADR RCMP Report - September 13th

Eligibility GCMS Notes by Program Assistant in CIO was:
R10 OK + Review Required - Pending RCMP report - September 13th

RCMP report submitted - October 11th

Eligibility Notes by Analyst in Montreal Visa Office on November 18th as follows:
Recommendation Review Required MI3 Summary Notes : CIO Recommendation: Review Required pending outstanding PC (RCMP Fingerprints) - RCMP criminal record check received - NRT - Biometrics (Not required - Public policy applies) INFO SHARING: NO CONCERNS - A11.2 Appears Met R75 FSW minimum requirements : Appears Met R76 Selection Criteria FSW points/funds: Appears Met - FSW points total : 73 Ready to finalize - RPRF complete

Something I noticed: On one of the GCMS notes pages where analyst notes are documented, I can see s.22(1)(b) at the top right corner. Nothing was redacted as far as I can see. Note that I ordered these notes under the Privacy Act (not the Access to information Act)

Then I spoke with call center to try and understand why my eligibility continued to be review required, even tho it clearly says I submitted RCMP check with NRT. The agent told me that this application is going very well, it is not a matter of eligibility anymore, and they are running background checks that require them to work with other organizations. He also said "it is just a matter of time, but hard to predict timeline because it depends on when the other organizations respond etc".

Any thoughts?
@cansha any idea as to why my analyst recommendation is RR? everything else in analyst note seems OK (there is a note about my company being acquired by another company and that is written in bold, but otherwise duties and all other details are OK)

a.misra89

Sep 17, 2019
Surrey, UK/ Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-03-2019
Hi all,

Just to give you a quick update on my application. My AOR was 5th March 2019 and only on the 6th of Jan 2020 I have received the passport request email. The visa office was Montreal.

I ordered my GCMS notes on 18th November 2019 and it showed that my file was stuck at Job Description since July 2019. So I sent my detailed job description along with the job contract on 20th December 2019.

I have submitted my passport to Canada High Commission and will soon be flying to Toronto this month.

I wish you all the best and hope the good news is on the way for you all.

Also, my application page on CIC still shows my eligibility is under review and that they still haven't started my background check. So dont stress if you dont see updates in your application. I am sure Montreal visa office isnt good at updating.

Good luck!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha any idea as to why my analyst recommendation is RR? everything else in analyst note seems OK (there is a note about my company being acquired by another company and that is written in bold, but otherwise duties and all other details are OK)
Can't say. You have only pasted the summary paragraph and not detailed notes. But, I think it may be because of your company being acquired by another company. Any details like that generally analysts ask the visa officer to have another look. Review Required is not always a cause of concern. it is a cause of concern only if the points calculated get reduced which indicates analyst didn't like some document.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,

Just to give you a quick update on my application. My AOR was 5th March 2019 and only on the 6th of Jan 2020 I have received the passport request email. The visa office was Montreal.

I ordered my GCMS notes on 18th November 2019 and it showed that my file was stuck at Job Description since July 2019. So I sent my detailed job description along with the job contract on 20th December 2019.

I have submitted my passport to Canada High Commission and will soon be flying to Toronto this month.

I wish you all the best and hope the good news is on the way for you all.

Also, my application page on CIC still shows my eligibility is under review and that they still haven't started my background check. So dont stress if you dont see updates in your application. I am sure Montreal visa office isnt good at updating.

Good luck!
That is not unique to Montreal. Eligibility keeps showing as "under review" till the time COPR is issued. The eligibility status changes when COPR is issued.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I got an updated letter now. Was planning to raise a webform and send it. Would this cause a delay in processing of application??
No it doesn't delay the application. Only thing is we don't exactly know what detail did the analyst didn't like.

Sweshan

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the reply @oluwhite.
@seekingPR I know. what ever I wish not to happen, I will land there. 10months is very much high time to wait :( .
I received a ADR on OCT 31st after it got transfered to Montreal VO in Aug end.
Not sure how long should I be waiting. Hope it goes well.