+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Sep 5, 2019
Hi All,
I got a ghost update this morning. Current status said "Application/profile updated". Upon resigning in status got changed to "submitted" again.

My timelines & updates by IRCC agents so far :
AOR March 20 2019
Upon calling IRCC , agent mentioned Criminality and Medicals Passed. Security Not yet started.
Eligibility - Review Required. Case was moved from CIO (Centralized Intake Office) to Montreal Local office on Aug 6 for Officer review.
I raised GCMS request on Oct 27 to find out the reason for REVIEW REQUIRED. No updates since then until this morning, when I received a ghost update. No emails about any documents or anything.

Could this ghost update be due to GCMS notes request that I raised? Normally, When they access GCMS notes do we get Ghost update?

Your inputs are much appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,
I got a ghost update this morning. Current status said "Application/profile updated". Upon resigning in status got changed to "submitted" again.

My timelines & updates by IRCC agents so far :
AOR March 20 2019
Upon calling IRCC , agent mentioned Criminality and Medicals Passed. Security Not yet started.
Eligibility - Review Required. Case was moved from CIO (Centralized Intake Office) to Montreal Local office on Aug 6 for Officer review.
I raised GCMS request on Oct 27 to find out the reason for REVIEW REQUIRED. No updates since then until this morning, when I received a ghost update. No emails about any documents or anything.

Could this ghost update be due to GCMS notes request that I raised? Normally, When they access GCMS notes do we get Ghost update?

Your inputs are much appreciated. Thank you.
Ghost updates are not caused by GCMS notes

Sep 5, 2019
Ghost updates are not caused by GCMS notes
Thanks for responding @cansha .
I just had a call with IRCC and the agent confirmed that the ghost update was due to passing of eligibility and security.
Until last week Eligibility was REVIEW required & security had not started.
As per the agent on call , he confirmed all 4 stages are passed and I should expect the PPR email next.
Not sure how long it takes from now.

@Jalil8882 I think you can relate to this... ?

Jalil8882

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
I just had a call with IRCC and the agent confirmed that the ghost update was due to passing of eligibility and security.
As per the agent on call , he confirmed all 4 stages are passed and I should expect the PPR email next.

Congratulations, atleast you know that your application is cleared.
My assessments passed as of oct 20th call with agent then in nov they again said that just the final approval is required by officer and he will inform ,now its dec and in the latest call i got to know that my application hasbeen approved on 11 dec and i should look for landing email soon.
You still have to wait but atleast your mind is relaxed that nothing is wrong with your application. Its all cleared.

Sep 5, 2019
Congratulations, atleast you know that your application is cleared.
My assessments passed as of oct 20th call with agent then in nov they again said that just the final approval is required by officer and he will inform ,now its dec and in the latest call i got to know that my application hasbeen approved on 11 dec and i should look for landing email soon.
You still have to wait but atleast your mind is relaxed that nothing is wrong with your application. Its all cleared.
True. Its good to know that the review required step cleared off.
I am just thinking as you got two different set of information from 2 different agents you had a call with , not sure how reliable is this information I got about all stages cleared, until we really receive the PPR email. Wait is all we can do.

Quick question - did you get any ghost updates on your application?

Jalil8882

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
True. Its good to know that the review required step cleared off.
I am just thinking as you got two different set of information from 2 different agents you had a call with , not sure how reliable is this information I got about all stages cleared, until we really receive the PPR email. Wait is all we can do.

Quick question - did you get any ghost updates on your application?
I also had review required in September and it gor cleared in oct.

About the confliting info , i asked the agent in last call and he said that you still have to receive the landing interview email thats why the other agent said that application is still in process. He was trying to cover the other agent.

I received only one ghost update in oct and i called the next day and was told that all assessments are cleared.
I came to know about the decision made in a webform that i raised in nov end.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018

Congratulations on passing all the assessments. I also received a ghost update on the day that all assessments were passed.I received PPR 25 days after all the assessments were passed. I applied under Federal Skilled Worker though. It may take longer for those who applied under Canadian Experience Class.

Last edited:

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
So its already been 2 months from when you were told by the IRCC agent that all stages are passed for you. And you havent recieved the PPR email.

Thank you @Holyange . Hope PPR email is the next step.... How much time after the ghost update did you receive the PPR?
I received PPR 25 days after the ghost update. I applied under Federal Skilled Worker though. It may take longer for those who applied under Canadian Experience Class.

Sep 5, 2019
Congratulations on passing all the assessments. I also received a ghost update on the day that all assessments were passed.I received PPR a25 days after all the assessments were passed. I applied under Federal Skilled Worker though. It may take longer for those who applied under Canadian Experience Class.
Congratulations on passing all the assessments. I also received a ghost update on the day that all assessments were passed.I received PPR a25 days after all the assessments were passed. I applied under Federal Skilled Worker though. It may take longer for those who applied under Canadian Experience Class.
Thanks @Holyange I also applied under FSW - Outland. Let's see how much time it takes for me to get to the PPR email.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019

Congrats! the PPR is on the way! They get their work done before Christmas. I have a friend who got PPR today and his AOR is March 3rd. I guess they are making a progress in the VO.

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
Web form query response told me that VO is Montréal. Looking at the forum, it seems Montréal is slowest and I have miles to before I sleep!

FSW-Outland
AOR- September 06 2019
MEP- September 25 2019
Biometrics Completed: October 15 2019

Please add to whatsapp group if exists.

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

I called CIC yesterday. They informed me that I have passed eligibility and security.

Details:

Ghost Update: 16th Dec
AOR: 18 March 2019 (FSW Inland)

What do you guys think, how long would it take to get an email for the passport request?

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

I called CIC yesterday. They informed me that I have passed eligibility and security.

Details:

Ghost Update: 16th Dec
AOR: 18 March 2019 (FSW Inland)

What do you guys think, how long would it take to get an email for the passport request?
Congrats! probably right after Christmas.

Happy holidays.

Reactions: anunay17