+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hello there,
Nice to meet you.
Good luck to all of us! :)
Hello Sarah,
I called again earlier today and nothing has changed. I got to know that my case was transferred to Montreal on Jan 24, 2019. According to this forum, we should wait for 5.5 month after transfer has been made. So I'm expecting nothing before July 15.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
as approved on 2/28 But till date none of the three CIC officers that I talked to said the word "approved" which is strange considering that some officers directly told some people on this thread that their application was approved. In response to the latest CSE that I raised a few days ago, I got a reply that my application was still in process.
Hi all,

I got my GCMS notes today one month after I ordered it. I had a ghost update on 2/28 and below is my status

Eligibility : Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Final: Approved

I also see Officer's comments at the bottom of the notes that say my application was approved on 2/28 But till date none of the three CIC officers that I talked to said the word "approved" which is strange considering that some officers directly told some people on this thread that their application was approved. In response to the latest CSE that I raised a few days ago, I got a reply that my application was still in process.

I also noticed that my secondary office changed from Centralized intake Office to Vancouver Immigration. So does this mean they are trying to find a date for landing interview in Vancouver and hence the delay in the final PPR email? I'm based in Vancouver.

July 24th AOR, FSW-Inland

Thanks
I wonder should I order my notes as well ......It feels like mine was approved on Mar 15th(my Gust update date) but I didn't find out about the approval until March 25th when I called. BTW, will it help if I contact them again? And is it possible to get a call from the landing office, by any chance? I missed a wired phone call earlier today and they didn't call back nor leave a message.
ps. I am in Vancouver as well

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So does this mean they are trying to find a date for landing interview in Vancouver and hence the delay in the final PPR email?
That is possible. Unless your status in Canada is going to be ending soon just hold on. The advantage you have as an inland candidate that as soon as you get that interview you will be PR the same day so PPR doesn't really matter.

And Congrats!!

Reactions: gv58

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
I wonder should I order my notes as well ......It feels like mine was approved on Mar 15th(my Gust update date) but I didn't find out about the approval until March 25th when I called. BTW, will it help if I contact them again? And is it possible to get a call from the landing office, by any chance? I missed a wired phone call earlier today and they didn't call back nor leave a message.
ps. I am in Vancouver as well
I contacted CIC today and finally got hold of a friendly agent who reiterated what was on my GCMS notes and told me that it was approved and Ijust need to wait for an email from the Vancouver office for a landing interview and should expect it this month. I don't think the landing office would call candidates IMO. But I may be wrong.

Reactions: cansha

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
That is possible. Unless your status in Canada is going to be ending soon just hold on. The advantage you have as an inland candidate that as soon as you get that interview you will be PR the same day so PPR doesn't really matter.

And Congrats!!
Thank you! My work permit is valid until 2020. So that's not an issue, but it's a company specific WP. I'm planning to change jobs pretty soon and most of them require that I be a permanent resident here and hence I would want the PR sooner than later. But thank you for the input. Appreciate it.

DBB

Oct 10, 2018
AOR: July 19, 2018
Medicals passed: August 8, 2018
Notes ordered: Oct 11- review required for statutory questions
Changed to processing background: Feb 28th
Notice for Landing interview: March 1st
Landing Interview: March 26th
PR card received: April 4th

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Congrats !

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018

Which location did you have your landing interview?

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Congrats, my AOR is 21st August FSW/inland and nothing at this point,is your visa office Montreal?
Have you ordered GCMS notes yet?
I had always been told by the IRCC agents that my eligibility hasn't been started yet until around 6.5 months mark. However, upon getting the notes I saw that my eligibility was RR and then the case analyst put a new value for it in the GCMS system as 'Not started'. So basically agents only have the latest GCMS system values for individual status boxes. I doubt that your eligibility has been assessed at least once and then an analyst changed it to Not Started.

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Hello All,
I received the request letter for passport submission today for COPR. My timelines are:
AOR - 25 Aug 2018
Visa Office : Montreal
GCMS Notes ordered - 25 Feb 2019
GCMS Notes received after a month and got review required for eligibilty
Provided LOE for the job experience
Request for Passport submission - 5 April 2019

I thank all the people on the forum for sharing their experiences and wish everyone good luck!!

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hello All,
I received the request letter for passport submission today for COPR. My timelines are:
AOR - 25 Aug 2018
Visa Office : Montreal
GCMS Notes ordered - 25 Feb 2019
GCMS Notes received after a month and got review required for eligibilty
Provided LOE for the job experience
Request for Passport submission - 5 April 2019

I thank all the people on the forum for sharing their experiences and wish everyone good luck!!

Hi @Canmatbay,

Congrats on your ppr! Can you share when your application got transferred to Montreal? It should be mentioned in your GCMS notes. Also did you see review required in GCMS and submitted documents on your own or did CIC ask you to submit them? I have same AOR as you so trying to gather some info, I am a little worried now. Thanks!

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Hi @Lyra,

My initial application was in central office intake - Ottawa and it transferred to Montreal in Dec 2018 ,the Eligibility Review required was given by Montreal analyst on 3 Dec 2018
I submitted the document without any additional document requirement from CIC.
Submitted LOE after I received GCMS notes.
Hope above helps
No need to worry , hope all will be fine

Reactions: Lyra

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Hello All,
I read in the INTEGRATED SEARCH in the last few pages "NO trace for all other than the present application NOTE: PA AND SPOUSE EE POOL(CLOSED - NOT ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE)"
What does the text in bold letter mean? Do I need to worry?

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Hi @Lyra,

My initial application was in central office intake - Ottawa and it transferred to Montreal in Dec 2018 ,the Eligibility Review required was given by Montreal analyst on 3 Dec 2018
I submitted the document without any additional document requirement from CIC.
Submitted LOE after I received GCMS notes.
Hope above helps
No need to worry , hope all will be fine
Congratulations! So it appears that Montreal finalized your application now (which makes sense since you're August AOR and Montreal is currently processing August) even though your time since transfer is only 4 months. Perhaps the transfer time is not as important as some have suggested here? The only thing consistent across recent PPRs is their AOR month.