+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi just want to ask if anyone here has the same situation of my brother. He's applying for PR under AIPP. received a medical request for his wife and son but prior his application we included a letter with Attorney's signature that his wife is not cooperative and doesn't want to go to Canada with him so in short we weren't able to provide the passport details and pictures of wife and son. And now we got an email from MVO to have medical request for the wife and son. Already planning to email MVO with the attached letter and sign of lawyer prior the application of his PR. Can you please advice us on what to do? Thank you so much

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi just want to ask if anyone here has the same situation of my brother. He's applying for PR under AIPP. received a medical request for his wife and son but prior his application we included a letter with Attorney's signature that his wife is not cooperative and doesn't want to go to Canada with him so in short we weren't able to provide the passport details and pictures of wife and son. And now we got an email from MVO to have medical request for the wife and son. Already planning to email MVO with the attached letter and sign of lawyer prior the application of his PR. Can you please advice us on what to do? Thank you so much
Most people here are from FSW or CEC program so not sure if anyone can help you out. Posting in an AIPP thread may be more useful.

Canjan18

Jan 12, 2019
Looks like vo went to sleep this week... Hardly any ppr for the last two days. I am in mid August aor and transfer date is in mid October. I don't know when I will get it now. Any idea when I will get it??

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Looks like vo went to sleep this week... Hardly any ppr for the last two days. I am in mid August aor and transfer date is in mid October. I don't know when I will get it now. Any idea when I will get it??
I wish we all knew that :)
Sorry mate!

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Yo buddy. It’s going good for me. Generally PPR after remedial is pretty quick but I haven’t seen such case in Montreal before. So don’t know how they will treat it. But still my guess is that it should not take long.
Hey @cansha thanks for the reply mate! good to hear all good at your end. Read your post on soft landing and PR Card, that was some good information.
Hate to be the first person with this case in montreal :confused:, i hope they quickly process it after my re medical.

Reactions: cansha

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Did your GCMS notes say the date the background check will be completed ?
No, my notes were ordered a month prior to the background check being started. In other words, i just received the notes, after the BG process started. I hope that makes sense.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hi @Axwell , would you mind sharing your 'transfer to Montreal' date? I am just trying to predict what would be my ppr due date. Maybe there is a correlation between transfer date and due date.
Hey Lyra,
my transfer date was 9/27/18. due date was exactly 6 months from that, i should have received it on 3/27/19 like everybody else with AOR aug 10th in montreal. but just my case was assigned for a re medical as it was expiring next month. SMH.

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hey Lyra,
my transfer date was 9/27/18. due date was exactly 6 months from that, i should have received it on 3/27/19 like everybody else with AOR aug 10th in montreal. but just my case was assigned for a re medical as it was expiring next month. SMH.
Yeah sorry to hear that. Hopefully they process your medicals as soon as possible

Reactions: Axwell

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Do you know what date your file was transferred to Montreal? My Aor is 25 the Aug and file got transferred around 17-18 October

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
It is looking like you are in the critical period (almost 6 months since your transfer to Montreal). The general trend is PPRs typically come 5.5+ months after your file is transferred to Montreal.
YMMV

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Your timeline is VERY similar to mine. Your AOR is slightly earlier, your transfer date a day later. Lets see between you and me who hears from them first in order to confirm this.
Congrats on your PPR. But I noticed our transfer dates are not the same (yours is about a month earlier) so fingers crossed for me

rain8

Feb 20, 2019
Hi all,
I received my GCMS notes. It seems really technical and full of Jargons. Can anyone guide me which part of the GCMS to read for maximum and understandable information? Please help.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Thanks @cad143 Knew I had seen someone post something similar to the response I got. Yes I did send the additional document that the case analyst raised an issue with, which was the proof of residence of my sibling. This was sent via a CSE and that was about 2 weeks ago. How long after receiving this response to your file approval?
Sorry I was looking at my notifications and suddenly realized we had this similar discussion a few threads ago :D How are you? Did you get an update on your file?

Sad to say I have not received anything yet. AOR August 6. What happened was that, after my RR, I requested for new employment letters from my supervisor and work colleagues. Imagine trying to send emails from everyone around the world and coordinating the time difference. huhu. Anyway, after I sent the letters I submitted through CSE, I requested for GCMS notes. That's when I found out they received the letters. Haven't heard from them ever since except for the confirmation from agents. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I logged into my account and saw an update. After I went into my main application, I noticed that there was no letter, no updates, nothing. I called CIC and got connected to an agent who asked me to just be patient and apologized for the long wait on my application. She also asked if it was my first time calling. I didn't receive a letter or anything for the next two weeks.

Today, I called them to inquire about BOWP. My work permit is expiring on June 2019 and felt that I had to go through the process again - time, money, etc. Then lo and behold, the agent told me my file is approved and they are just looking for a visa office for the inland landing. Now, I am not sure if I should be happy or not. I still want to receive the PPR letter lol. It's good confirmation right instead of just hearing it. I hope you will get yours too. Hang in there!