+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I tried... Got no response
try harder next time :p

she usually adds people frequently enough, might have missed you in the deluge of people asking her to add you. Our sample size is almost 130 and growing i believe. So try once again with her

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please does anyone know the best way to transfer money from the US to Canada. Im torn between Transferwise, HSBC and TD or just doing a wire transfer from my bank which is a credit union (this costs 95 dollars) But I have read people complain about rates and how they lose a lot with the exchange rates. I do not want to lose and I do not want extra fees. Which option is the least expensive.
Please let me know if you know.
Thank you

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please does anyone know the best way to transfer money from the US to Canada. Im torn between Transferwise, HSBC and TD or just doing a wire transfer from my bank which is a credit union (this costs 95 dollars) But I have read people complain about rates and how they lose a lot with the exchange rates. I do not want to lose and I do not want extra fees. Which option is the least expensive.
Thank you
I did a wire transfer from Chase in the US to CIBC in Toronto. Not sure how much i would have lost but i think i had to pay about a 100 dollars for the total transfer, which i thought was ok.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I just called CIC to check on my application. Its been 4.5 months.

The agent was very helpful. She told me that all my docs were complete but nothing had started on my file, no background check, no security, no eligibility. I asked her my office (hoping that it would have moved out of Montreal), and she said it was in Montreal (and broke my heart). She also said that if i don't hear back by June 16th then i should call again and they might be able to expedite processing on my file. It was then it occurred to me to ask her if my file was always in Montreal. She told me that it got transferred from Sydney NS to Montreal QC on 17th January.

Sigh, I am crestfallen.

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
Thank you

@Adeife23 Have you tried xoom.com? It’s relatively quick and you can do it from your phone. . My friend told me that he does it all the time and never had any problems and it’s quick and easy.

MS201812

Jun 10, 2018
We finally received the email for PPR!!

Our timeline:

AOR: August 10th
Medical: September 9th
PPR: March 19th

Montreal office. Status on CIC website still shows "processing background check". Only changed to IP2 yesterday. Hope y'all get your PPR email soon as well! Good luck. The wait was pretty frustrating.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
We had similar AOR's but my file was transferred to Montreal late October.
I ordered my GCMS notes my eligibility is RR for statutory questions (visa refusal).
At this point I probably have to go back home to Nigeria so I won't overstay my Visa in the US. Ce la vi
yeah..U should be close to ur ppr, i hope u have ordered gcms notes recently, and that you've the latest updates possible regarding your application , otherwise U should be so close.. best of everything

Reactions: cougprey

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
yeah..U should be close to ur ppr, i hope u have ordered gcms notes recently, and that you've the latest updates possible regarding your application , otherwise U should be so close.. best of everything
My last notes were requested mid February. I just ordered another set a couple of days ago.

Reactions: M_A

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Congrats !
We finally received the email for PPR!!

Our timeline:

AOR: August 10th
Medical: September 9th
PPR: March 19th

Montreal office. Status on CIC website still shows "processing background check". Only changed to IP2 yesterday. Hope y'all get your PPR email soon as well! Good luck. The wait was pretty frustrating.

JJ Singh

Feb 7, 2019
one of my friends called the call center for status. Processing montreal office. Agent gave the fax number of Montreal office and asked to check directly with montreal office. Did it happen to any of you ? I thought agents are not allowed to provide info of Local offices?

Last edited:
Reactions: HFL2018

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
My last notes were requested mid February. I just ordered another set a couple of days ago.
that's great, cuz I guess anything that could be an issue wz ur application would have appeared in the notes ordered mid feb. , that was a good timing to request these.. U r so close. Stay strong.

Reactions: cougprey