+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
Thank you. One more question (hopefully) , this is a reply I got after raising a CSE about a week before GCMS was generated:

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on July 30, 2018.
· Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Canada,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
Does this mean my eligibility is under review?
In my GCMS notes it says it hasn't started so I am a little confused.
Think they're just re-iterating what your profile says under 'Eligibility'. I wouldn't dwell too much into it.

Reactions: cougprey

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Has any inland applicant who got his application approved (and learned that by calling IRCC) received any updates?
According to the representative my application was approved in early February, but no updates for me yet.

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
Hi all,

I had a ghost update to my profile about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back anything. I ordered a set of GCMS notes a couple of days after the ghost update and also raised a CSE inquiry a few days ago. In my CSE, I asked them for updates on Eligibility, Criminality and Security. Below is the response I got.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment"

Is this a generic response or does it mean I passed eligibility and criminality? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Reactions: RanaHamed

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
Hi all,

I had a ghost update to my profile about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back anything. I ordered a set of GCMS notes a couple of days after the ghost update and also raised a CSE inquiry a few days ago. In my CSE, I asked them for updates on Eligibility, Criminality and Security. Below is the response I got.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment"

Is this a generic response or does it mean I passed eligibility and criminality? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
@gv58 yes, eligibility met and background passed.. your file is waiting for the final decision (most likely will get the approval). What's your AOR? and how long did it take to receive a reply after you raised the CSE?

Last edited:

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Thank you very much Cansha.

I started guessing that they are trying to find at least smth to refuse my PR application.

ADR was for devorce certificate. I sent it the same day (I just forgot to attach it when submitting application)

Now I regret that I mentioned my detaintion. PR application was the only one that contained that word "detaintion". All others had "arrest" or "criminal charges". There is no way they could find out about "detaintion", but I still indicated it on the form (idiot :(
Based on what I've seen from your notes you actually don't have much to worry about, assuming the rest of your paperwork checks out. They might not even put you on a thorough security screening. This is because your police record check came empty. You don't have a criminal background, and that's what matters.

Also from what I've seen Russian applicants don't tend to wait longer than most... its mainly Iranian applicants that end up stuck in SS for two years

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
@gv58 yes, eligibility met and background passed.. your file is waiting for the final decision (most likely will get the approval). What's your AOR? and how long did it take to receive a reply after you raised the CSE?
Thank you for the response. My AOR is July 24th and I'm an inland candidate. I raised my CSE last Friday and got a response today. Also pardon me for another question. If my eligibility and background are met why would they wait to send the PPR ? Is there a possibility that I might have been selected for Security screening?

Reactions: RanaHamed

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you for the response. My AOR is July 24th and I'm an inland candidate. I raised my CSE last Friday and got a response today. Also pardon me for another question. If my eligibility and background are met why would they wait to send the PPR ? Is there a possibility that I might have been selected for Security screening?
Yes,the response indicates that eligibility and background are met and complete. Nobody knows why they hold on.

Usually a senior officer has to give final sign off. Maybe that's why but the delay between application successful completion and PPR can be significant, depending on the office. Nova Scotia office was notorious for approving applications in 2-3 months and then sitting on them for 2-3 months

Reactions: RanaHamed and gv58

wilsonballer

Mar 1, 2019
Has any inland applicant who got his application approved (and learned that by calling IRCC) received any updates?
According to the representative my application was approved in early February, but no updates for me yet.
same with u, except that my case was approved on 1st March.
your case has been approved for a month and nothing happened? can't believe that..
you should call them again to ask what is going on there. whether they r giving up per or schedule the inland landing interview..

gv58

Nov 23, 2018
Yes,the response indicates that eligibility and background are met and complete. Nobody knows why they hold on.

Usually a senior officer has to give final sign off. Maybe that's why but the delay between application successful completion and PPR can be significant, depending on the office. Nova Scotia office was notorious for approving applications in 2-3 months and then sitting on them for 2-3 months
Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. I'm almost approaching 8 months and this wait is starting to get on my nerves now. The CIC agents that I talked to were not very helpful.