+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

wilsonballer

Mar 1, 2019
Has any inland applicant who got his application approved (and learned that by calling IRCC) received any updates?
According to the representative my application was approved in early February, but no updates for me yet.
Has send you PM, pls check, thanks

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Some of them are usually like that! I always pray to get specific kinds of pple when I am calling who will be able to give me details and not someone who just gives like overview and doesn't say much
Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. I'm almost approaching 8 months and this wait is starting to get on my nerves now. The CIC agents that I talked to were not very helpful.

Reactions: gv58

mss27

Feb 27, 2019
Hi Everybody,
New to this group.
AOR: OCT 12
VO: Montreal
FSW-O
Still in IP1

Can you please add me to the whatsapp group.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. I'm almost approaching 8 months and this wait is starting to get on my nerves now. The CIC agents that I talked to were not very helpful.
I can totally understand. When one submits the application the thought process is usually like "this will be over in 3 months". Then while the time rolls by and everybody else is getting PPR we begin having doubts.

8 months is tough but these days its par for the course at montreal. I feel for you. I am into my fifth month now (early Nov AOR) and nothing except meds.

Reactions: gv58

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you. One more question (hopefully) , this is a reply I got after raising a CSE about a week before GCMS was generated:

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on July 30, 2018.
· Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Canada,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
Does this mean my eligibility is under review?
In my GCMS notes it says it hasn't started so I am a little confused.
This reply means nothing. I had received same reply even though I knew from my GCMS that my eligibility was recommended passed. Standard copy paste stuff.

Reactions: cougprey

Canjan18

Jan 12, 2019
My gcms as on Feb 11 still says nothing started.. Aor August 22. When can I expect the ppr? I thought something would have started atleast by now.. Being in Montréal means nothing can be expected.. This is frustrating. I am really losing hope here.

djnorman

Dec 6, 2018
My gcms as on Feb 11 still says nothing started.. Aor August 22. When can I expect the ppr? I thought something would have started atleast by now.. Being in Montréal means nothing can be expected.. This is frustrating. I am really losing hope here.
Same here. August 6th. It has been a very quiet week. We should probably hope for some movement next week.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
This is ridiculous from Montreal. Everytime we think they have hit rock bottom, they take out a shovel and start digging

saudamini9

Sep 26, 2018
Hi Guys, for whomever this helps -
My application had gone to the Montreal VO office and stayed there for 5 months in the 'Eligibility Review Status'.
I know thats frustrating, but after 5 months it moved to Background check in process.
From several previous messages on this thread, please note that when it goes to the Montreal office, it takes atleast 5-7 months there from the date it arrived at the Montreal office.
Does anyone know how long after 'Background check in process' does the PPR come through ?

Thanks

naten

Feb 20, 2018
My application had gone to the Montreal VO office and stayed there for 5 months in the 'Eligibility Review Status'.
I know thats frustrating, but after 5 months it moved to Background check in process.
From several previous messages on this thread, please note that when it goes to the Montreal office, it takes atleast 5-7 months there from the date it arrived at the Montreal office.
Does anyone know how long after 'Background check in process' does the PPR come through ?

Thanks
What’s your AOR? Are you inland?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Thanks
It varies, for a lot of montreal folks PPR has come on the same day as they moved into background check.

deq

Jan 9, 2019
same with u, except that my case was approved on 1st March.
your case has been approved for a month and nothing happened? can't believe that..
you should call them again to ask what is going on there. whether they r giving up per or schedule the inland landing interview..
Called them and they told me my application is being transferred back to Ottawa for visa issuance and there's a big backlog.
:(

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Called them and they told me my application is being transferred back to Ottawa for visa issuance and there's a big backlog.
:(
There is a big backlog of applications at montreal? And so they are transferring the application back to ottawa for a final approval and visa stamping?

deq

Jan 9, 2019
There is a big backlog of applications at montreal? And so they are transferring the application back to ottawa for a final approval and visa stamping?
Don't know about the approval (was told two weeks ago that mine had been approved early February), but agent told me mine is being transferred back to Ottawa for visa issuance. He didn't provide more details.