+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

JohnsonRock

Nov 15, 2018
Michigan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
that would have been my next question. It seems that north american residence significantly increases your chances of ending up at Montreal office.
True that! Almost all the applicants that I found on immitracker for Montreal are residing in US. My wife had a US Visa rejection. By any chance, does having a visa reject in your application also adds to chances of going to Montreal?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Nothing started. No movements since the last note ( the one I showed you long time ago). Oct 4, eligibility assessment oct 29.
So I have this (unproven and inconsistent) theory that for Montreal the transfer to Montreal date also matters. So even if your AOR is in July if your file transferred to Montreal in October it somehow gets delayed more as compared to say a file from August who got to Montreal in September. That was the reason I had suggested to start capturing moved to Montreal date as well in the excel sheet. Given the sample size we have we should be able to infer if it has any impact or not.

In any case if we go by the theory it impacts your PPR I think (unfortunately) it may mean you probably need to wait till 3/4th week of March.

Reactions: Adeife23

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
True that! Almost all the applicants that I found on immitracker for Montreal are residing in US. My wife had a US Visa rejection. By any chance, does having a visa reject in your application also adds to chances of going to Montreal?
Till now only US based or Canada based candidates have been found in Montreal. There was only one case where a person was based in India. Visa rejection doesn't increase your chances to be in Montreal. The list I was maintaining in the past had ~60 candidates from March to August AORs and only 6/7 had visa rejections or stat questions as yes.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
no, that rejection should not factor into going to montreal in my opinion

JohnsonRock

Nov 15, 2018
Michigan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Till now only US based or Canada based candidates have been found in Montreal. There was only one case where a person was based in India. Visa rejection doesn't increase your chances to be in Montreal. The list I was maintaining in the past had ~60 candidates from March to August AORs and only 6/7 had visa rejections or stat questions as yes.
no, that rejection should not factor into going to montreal in my opinion
Ok that's helpful to know. Also, is there some kind of a google sheet for Montreal VO candidates?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
So I have this (unproven and inconsistent) theory that for Montreal the transfer to Montreal date also matters. So even if your AOR is in July if your file transferred to Montreal in October it somehow gets delayed more as compared to say a file from August who got to Montreal in September. That was the reason I had suggested to start capturing moved to Montreal date as well in the excel sheet. Given the sample size we have we should be able to infer if it has any impact or not.

In any case if we go by the theory it impacts your PPR I think (unfortunately) it may mean you probably need to wait till 3/4th week of March.
oh no worst news Cansha, now I have to wait one more month :oops::( that means its gonna be 8 months.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Montreal seems to be falling behind their earlier timeline now ... since mid June the timeline was like 6.5 months but now looking at that Feb is almost done, it seems like 7 months is more realistic for Aug/ Sep folks and unfortunately if this goes on a slightly longer delay for Oct / Nov folks. I see more people on Oct/Nov thread now figuring out their VOs as people start ordering GCMS notes.

Anyways if there is anyone here from Sep - Nov AOR who got to know their VO from call and not GCMS notes, please do yourself a favor and order GCMS notes after 120+ days. If your first set of notes do not show anything about eligibility order another set just after you receive the first one.

Some analysts in Montreal seem to put a file in Review Required for work experience related documents even for most inane things. Hence, very important to know eligibility is passed or not.

On the plus side many RR cases for stat question as well as work ex related reasons (if a CSE is raised) do not see any additional delays.

I hope everyone in WA group has already ordered notes.

All the best to everyone! I hope next week is a very good week for all waiting for PPR from Aug / pre Aug AORs.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
oh no worst news Cansha, now I have to wait one more month :oops::( that means its gonna be 8 months.
I'm sorry buddy .. I really hope its sooner than that. But I have observed this in my case as well. Many June candidates who had AOR later than me but file moved earlier than me to Montreal had PPR earlier than me.

As I said the application of theory is not consistent but I do believe AOR date is less relevant compared to date file moved to Montreal.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
I'm sorry buddy .. I really hope its sooner than that. But I have observed this in my case as well. Many June candidates who had AOR later than me but file moved earlier than me to Montreal had PPR earlier than me.

As I said the application of theory is not consistent but I do believe AOR date is less relevant compared to date file moved to Montreal.
can I raise more CSE or any other way to alert them? Im afraid they gonna forget me and put my file away somehow.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
can I raise more CSE or any other way to alert them? Im afraid they gonna forget me and put my file away somehow.
To be honest, CSEs don't really help but you should still do it. I did raise a bunch of them. I think once you have crossed 6/6.5+ month mark raising CSE is fair game. So yes raise CSEs may be once every 7-10 days if you like.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
To be honest, CSEs don't really help but you should still do it. I did raise a bunch of them. I think once you have crossed 6/6.5+ month mark raising CSE is fair game. So yes raise CSEs may be once every 7-10 days if you like.
what should I write this time? any idea? Can they all be the same generic ones? Thanks Cansha.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
what should I write this time? any idea? Can they all be the same generic ones? Thanks Cansha.
Well I had tried all sorts of permutations and combinations .. from very emotional long ones to short ones.

Below is the text I sent in my last CSE.

Hi, My timeline has crossed the normal processing time. I know that my file is at Montreal office and my eligibility was set as "Recommended Passed" on <Date>. Today marks 5 months since last action was taken on my file. Could you please help me in raising a request with Montreal office to kindly take a look at my file. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Canjan18 and naten