+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
ordered note in Dec and received early Jan, RR on eligibility by Central office but Montreal changed it to RP after review of the analysts in october from initial review. since that day nothing has changed. online account has been the same since aug 15th after IP1.

:(
Hopefully you receive it soon. My AOR is July 30th /31st (The date is different depending on where I look but i know I submitted it on the 30th because I was trying to beat the biometrics deadline).
IP1 is 'we will let you know when we begin your background check right'?
What is RP?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Called the call center again this morning. I am approaching 7 month in 1 day.
The call center agent informed me the case inquiry sent to Montreal VO, which sent from the other agent Peter I talked on the phone 2 weeks ago, has been rejected by the VO and the VO is not happy and claimed Peter did not follow procedure as VO has put a note in the system asking all agents not to send case inquiries regarding my case.

The agent informed me that my file still within processing time, and I asked her how come my file was not processed in 7 month and still within processing time? is it the 6 month the processing timeline. the agent informed me there is no set timeline, the 6 month is only for 80% of the application avg time. so clearly I am in the 20%. I asked the agent what is expected processing time, and she mentioned there is no set timeline as this is different a case by case.

I asked her what I can do? she told me to wait and informed me not to call until I have an update in my online application. I asked what if there is never an update? She said there is nothing she can do until there is an update in my account.

so the conversation ended there and now I am hopeless.

I talked to my attorney, she said there is nothing she can do, until the case reaching 1 year mark, so we can bring this to the federal court to ask them to expedite the process or change VO.

I mean "Come on!!!!!!" why this has to be so difficult? I am not under SS, they dont need any additional documents, there is no update since October on my case. I am losing hope and dont know what to do..... :(
That’s super disappointing man. If what she told is true and visa office has time to read agents notes and reject them .. they could have just used that time and worked on your file.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
That’s super disappointing man. If what she told is true and visa office has time to read agents notes and reject them .. they could have just used that time and worked on your file.
I know, right? it is a bad luck to end up in Monreal, it is even worse that knowing they could have picked up your file in a matter of few minutes as there is nothing wrong with my case. it is RP means eligibility is good, only a matter of time someone look at my case and approve it. no ADR no SS.
And watching a lot of people in August are getting golden emails or move to IP2 and mine still stuck in limbo was painful, not like that I am not happy for them, I just feel pity for myself and kept asking why I am always the unlucky one?

when I called I have noticed one thing might be a positive sign/ or negative, in the automated system, the refugee case processing time reduced from 34 month to 22 month. that is all montreal's work load I believe. seemed they dont take FSW as priority and if that is the case, I hope there is no further delay on mine or anyone else's cases.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Its not just you Tuitui... I've been hinted at that agents will just ignore my profile until June. AOR August 4th.
No, it is not, at least you have a date. the call center agent told me dont ever call them again until I have my online account status updated.

Which is why I was calling them to get an update on my case, because I dont get any information from the online account, now they have asked me to not call until I have my account updated online.

which implies I shall not call them ever!!! this is a dead lock that none can break unless I dont call.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
No, it is not, at least you have a date. the call center agent told me dont ever call them again until I have my online account status updated.

Which is why I was calling them to get an update on my case, because I dont get any information from the online account, now they have asked me to not call until I have my account updated online.

which implies I shall not call them ever!!! this is a dead lock that none can break unless I dont call.
Dude... its June. Do you understand how far that is? "Here's a *very far* date so you don't bother us again until then".

Like, they simply don't want ANY of us calling them, do you understand? Perhaps because there isn't much they can do because the VO doesn't want to cooperate either. They just give the agents crap when they ask for information.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Its not just you Tuitui... I've been hinted at that agents will just ignore my profile until June. AOR August 4th.
The VO simply saying that as long as my case was not approved it shall still be within processing time. Call center/ CSE agents can not send case inquiries since they put in a note to ask them not to. And yet VO dont actively work on my file, so my only option is GCMS note.

I can only hope it wont be delayed. My attorney ordered them 2 weeks ago and going to use them to send inquiry to Central office with a proper cause and proper channel.
Attorney mentioned they can not do anything unless a significant delay without a proper cause, which we are looking at more than a year then we can go to federal court to ask for changing VO or ask them to expedite.

so either way I have to suck up meanwhile...

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Dude... its June. Do you understand how far that is? "Here's a *very far* date so you don't bother us again until then".
June is not far.. it is not even a year yet, which IRCC called a "significant delay" , that is only if your case is not on hold or under SS. if on hold and under SS then 1 year is not significant enough IRCC can call them a delay.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
June is not far.. it is not even a year yet, which IRCC called a "significant delay" , that is only if your case is not on hold or under SS. if on hold and under SS then 1 year is not significant enough IRCC can call them a delay.
June is not very far? Someone who studied with me got their PR in just a month back in 2017. 11 months is absurd.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
June is not very far? Someone who studied with me got their PR in just a month back in 2017. 11 months is absurd.
I was being sarcastic, I said June is not far according to IRCC's standard. They have asked me to not call them ever again, I dont think that is better than June. at least you were given a date.....

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I was being sarcastic, I said June is not far according to IRCC's standard. They have asked me to not call them ever again, I dont think that is better than June. at least you were given a date.....

They were only harsh with you because you had called them multiple times. Your situation is no different from mine...

I think some of us may have something in our applications that can be used as an excuse to delay their processing so they can buy time. In my case it was that PRESUMABLY (its all BS) my application was incomplete because of a "missing" RCMP certificate. In your case, who knows?

Doesn't mean it'll be rejected though because if they wanted to do that, they'd have done it already. I haven't heard of anyone who's had their application rejected after the 3 month mark.

Reactions: tobs

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
to be hones with you, if you ask any one here if one is under SS then 11 month is not too bad. we all have to set our expectation low since we are the lucky ones stuck at Montreal...

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Let your GCMS notes come and let’s see if we see anything worthwhile there. Montreal became slower after they reached mid June AORs.

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
They were only harsh with you because you had called them multiple times. Your situation is no different from mine...

I think some of us may have something in our applications that can be used as an excuse to delay their processing so they can buy time. In my case it was that PRESUMABLY (its all BS) my application was incomplete because of a "missing" RCMP certificate. In your case, who knows?

Doesn't mean it'll be rejected though because if they wanted to do that, they'd have done it already. I haven't heard of anyone who's had their application rejected after the 3 month mark.
Are you inland? man, please expect more delays then if you have access to the google sheet.. there are inland applicants from April and June AOR.

if you were asked for additional documents at montreal? phewwww.... that might add several month to it. Please connect with @Adeife23 to be added on the WA group.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
to be hones with you, if you ask any one here if one is under SS then 11 month is not too bad. we all have to set our expectation low since we are the lucky ones stuck at Montreal...
It is bad man. Most Montreal applications are being processed in 7-8 months.

But its all good. I'm on some kind of limbo (a.k.a. implied status) now. If I don't get my PPR by the first week of March then the agent was probably telling the truth about the date, so I'll just kick back and relax under my bridging open work permit.