+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
There seems to be some movement now after the govt is trying to pass a law to clear the backlog of 18000 applications in Quebec.

Let's see if they do manage to pick up speed once the law is passed. I am not holding my breath

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Hi All ,
I ordered CSE and have got the below said response today.
----
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

-----------------
Any insights on the above , ordered GCMS notes today
My timelines are

AOR - 24 Aug
MEP- 22 Sep
After the above , there is no movement in my profile.

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Hi All ,
----

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

-----------------
My timelines are

AOR - 24 Aug
MEP- 22 Sep
@cansha - your thoughts please

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
:(
September folks may see some PPRs by end of next week or first week of March. There are a lucky few who do get PPR near the 6 month mark. Although now the trend for Montreal is 6.5+ months at a minimum.
I can’t wait for this seriously.....Been counting down and have 23days to go and I try to check my account once in a while to see if a ghost will visit my profile...:(

Ordered my second set of GCMS notes in the first week of Feb.

Thanks so much @cansha for the words of encouragement. It really goes a long way to lighten the spirit.

Godspeed to everyone still waiting for the golden email (myself inclusive).

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi All ,
----

-----------------
My timelines are

AOR - 24 Aug
MEP- 22 Sep
So basically they haven't even started the background check yet and are still just determining eligibility.

Not sure what you can do at this point in time.

Are you in Canada? As in FSW-inland? I do know that sometimes inland folks have reached out to their local MP and they have managed to push the case along to resolution quickly. Perhaps you can do that when you approach the 8 month mark and you are still in that situation?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So basically they haven't even started the background check yet and are still just determining eligibility.

Not sure what you can do at this point in time.

Are you in Canada? As in FSW-inland? I do know that sometimes inland folks have reached out to their local MP and they have managed to push the case along to resolution quickly. Perhaps you can do that when you approach the 8 month mark and you are still in that situation?
You can’t trust CSEs. I had received similar response in December when I could see in my GCMS notes my eligibility was done in August. They could be/are right about the background check but from what we have seen for Montreal IP2 and PPR could be a few hours apart so background check always shows not started.

Reactions: smash1984

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Called the call center again this morning. I am approaching 7 month in 1 day.
The call center agent informed me the case inquiry sent to Montreal VO, which sent from the other agent Peter I talked on the phone 2 weeks ago, has been rejected by the VO and the VO is not happy and claimed Peter did not follow procedure as VO has put a note in the system asking all agents not to send case inquiries regarding my case.

The agent informed me that my file still within processing time, and I asked her how come my file was not processed in 7 month and still within processing time? is it the 6 month the processing timeline. the agent informed me there is no set timeline, the 6 month is only for 80% of the application avg time. so clearly I am in the 20%. I asked the agent what is expected processing time, and she mentioned there is no set timeline as this is different a case by case.

I asked her what I can do? she told me to wait and informed me not to call until I have an update in my online application. I asked what if there is never an update? She said there is nothing she can do until there is an update in my account.

so the conversation ended there and now I am hopeless.

I talked to my attorney, she said there is nothing she can do, until the case reaching 1 year mark, so we can bring this to the federal court to ask them to expedite the process or change VO.

I mean "Come on!!!!!!" why this has to be so difficult? I am not under SS, they dont need any additional documents, there is no update since October on my case. I am losing hope and dont know what to do..... :(

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Called the call center again this morning. I am approaching 7 month in 1 day.
The call center agent informed me the case inquiry sent to Montreal VO, which sent from the other agent Peter I talked on the phone 2 weeks ago, has been rejected by the VO and the VO is not happy and claimed Peter did not follow procedure as VO has put a note in the system asking all agents not to send case inquiries regarding my case.

The agent informed me that my file still within processing time, and I asked her how come my file was not processed in 7 month and still within processing time? is it the 6 month the processing timeline. the agent informed me there is no set timeline, the 6 month is only for 80% of the application avg time. so clearly I am in the 20%. I asked the agent what is expected processing time, and she mentioned there is no set timeline as this is different a case by case.

I asked her what I can do? she told me to wait and informed me not to call until I have an update in my online application. I asked what if there is never an update? She said there is nothing she can do until there is an update in my account.

so the conversation ended there and now I am hopeless.

I talked to my attorney, she said there is nothing she can do, until the case reaching 1 year mark, so we can bring this to the federal court to ask them to expedite the process or change VO.

I mean "Come on!!!!!!" why this has to be so difficult? I am not under SS, they dont need any additional documents, there is no update since October on my case. I am losing hope and dont know what to do..... :(
What is the Background Check status in your online profile and have you ordered notes?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
What is the Background Check status in your online profile and have you ordered notes?
ordered note in Dec and received early Jan, RR on eligibility by Central office but Montreal changed it to RP after review of the analysts in october from initial review. since that day nothing has changed. online account has been the same since aug 15th after IP1.

:(