+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys my AOR is 10th Aug..FSW inland....just checked my account and saw it was updated... My background check went from in progress to processing....looks like I went to IP2.....what should I expect from the pattern....PPR soon or still some time until I get result....from my gcms everything was good no remarks...R10 was recommended pass....
That's strange. You being inalnd candidate your IP2 probably was expected right around the time you had MEP. In any case you may be one of the few luckier inland candidates. Hope you get your PPR soon. It could be today itself. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Adeife23

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Okay folks ... There are now 6 known cases of Application on Hold in Montreal and many are from June. My guess is something happened that has put your files on hold.

I know @NandiniAS , @Y@$h, @praveen07cse , @serene17, one person who had PMed me (and for life of me I can't find that now) and one case in the excel sheet of Montreal and one more - Total 6

I don't think it is a coincidence and as far as I know about all your cases ... all your cases are different from each other.

I think you folks can compare your GCMS notes to check if there is a pattern that you see ..

1. Did it happen on same date?
2. Is it the same agent?
3. Is there any other similarity in your notes

I think may be we can find some key to why applications went "On Hold" and may be think of some step to resolve it.
I am a June applicant and my file was put on hold on December 3rd by agent CG13793 after it moved to Montreal ( it was originally in Ottawa) . It does say that reason of hold : Information Required but it doesn't really specify what info and from who.

Thanks @cansha for the initiative :)

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am a June applicant and my file was put on hold on December 3rd by agent CG13793 after it moved to Montreal ( it was originally in Ottawa) . It does say that reason of hold : Information Required but it doesn't really specify what info and from who.

Thanks @cansha for the initiative :)
@NandiniAS also has information required as the reason.

tahirnm

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Okay folks ... There are now 6 known cases of Application on Hold in Montreal and many are from June. My guess is something happened that has put your files on hold.

I know @NandiniAS , @Y@$h, @praveen07cse , @serene17, one person who had PMed me (and for life of me I can't find that now) and one case in the excel sheet of Montreal and one more - Total 6

I don't think it is a coincidence and as far as I know about all your cases ... all your cases are different from each other.

I think you folks can compare your GCMS notes to check if there is a pattern that you see ..

1. Did it happen on same date?
2. Is it the same agent?
3. Is there any other similarity in your notes

I think may be we can find some key to why applications went "On Hold" and may be think of some step to resolve it.
My notes also say file on hold at montreal office. I had a ghost update on 12th December and as per my notes everything was cleared on that date...

As per an MP update I received, I know everything on my file is approved except my background check is in progress. Background check for my spouse is complete though. Its stupid considering I have been in Canada for almost 2 years and my wife and children are back in Pakistan!

AOR is June 29th.

Reactions: cansha

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Guys my AOR is 10th Aug..FSW inland....just checked my account and saw it was updated... My background check went from in progress to processing....looks like I went to IP2.....what should I expect from the pattern....PPR soon or still some time until I get result....from my gcms everything was good no remarks...R10 was recommended pass....
I'm also FSW inland, July 16th AOR. I'm in IP2 for almost 3 weeks. Hope it'll be faster for you

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Upon uploading of the document through the cic portal have you received any email from cic acknowledging the submission of your document?
I did. The agent I spoke with over the phone also confirmed my document was received, and that there were no pending submissions.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yeah, apparently not much news today. It might be because the rest of Canada is working today. When everybody else works they don't and vice versa :p

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Just checked my account status got changed from 'Submitted' to 'Updated'. The background check has finally started. Can anyone let me know what that means and when can I expect some news on PPR. Completing my month 7 on Feb 24th.

Reactions: Adeife23

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Just checked my account status got changed from 'Submitted' to 'Updated'. The background check has finally started. Can anyone let me know what that means and when can I expect some news on PPR. Completing my month 7 on Feb 24th.
That's good news. It depends on case to case but some people have gone from IP1 to IP2 to PPR on the same day. Some within a week, and some within a few months. No exact numbers but hopefully not too long now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tobs and abhi1701