+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Okay... R10 : August 21
Moved to Montreal : September 13
Eligibility : RR (POF) : October 15 , do U remember the issue of the "certificate of deposits"( savings in the bank with fixed interests) that actually exceeds what they require for a single applicant but they seemed to mis-understand them, and only calculated the free deposit which was less than what they require, I sent them a CSE clarify my situation and provided a paper issued from the bank to clarify this more, and I took the action of reedeming one of those certificates within my account to provide enough free deposite ,& that process together with all that were done through the past 6 months were declared in a new bank statement that I provided as well.
(In the original application was an account statement declaring the certificate of deposits which they misunderstood and another paper having the transactions of 6 months.)
Hmmm.. okay so technically your 6 months depend on your R10 check date and hence Feb 21. I would say your issue is something that hopefully visa officer should understand once he looks at the documents. Actually, if you're lucky then next week should be the week your file comes up for review again and if all is well you get PPR. Medium case scenario would be around second week of March. Let's pick the medium case scenario for now. My guess is Week of March 15th.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hmmm.. okay so technically your 6 months depend on your R10 check date and hence Feb 21. I would say your issue is something that hopefully visa officer should understand once he looks at the documents. Actually, if you're lucky then next week should be the week your file comes up for review again and if all is well you get PPR. Medium case scenario would be around second week of March. Let's pick the medium case scenario for now. My guess is Week of March 15th.
Yeah..forgot to tell you, there was a due date February 13 th , which was 5 days ago or so, um not sure if they commit to the due dates they set or not, anyways thank U for the guess , I really hope it is sooner than later

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah..forgot to tell you, there was a due date February 13 th , which was 5 days ago or so, um not sure if they commit to the due dates they set or not, anyways thank U for the guess , I really hope it is sooner than later
I’m hoping to be wrong on this one by three weeks. Hope you get it this week itself

Reactions: M_A

praveen07cse

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. My AOR was July 12 and no PPR yet.
Just received my GCMS notes and it seems my case is ON HOLD in Montreal office.
Any Inputs or help is much appreciated

praveen07cse

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
My application status Says ON HOLD and there are no reason available in GCMS notes . Currently my case is with Montreal center. Last update is on Sep 7 with eligibility clearance from Montreal office

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My application status Says ON HOLD and there are no reason available in GCMS notes . Currently my case is with Montreal center. Last update is on Sep 7 with eligibility clearance from Montreal office
Yours is the 5th case I know which says on hold in GCMS notes. Just check if you see cancelled in Other Requirements or not.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Yours is the 5th case I know which says on hold in GCMS notes. Just check if you see cancelled in Other Requirements or not.
Is it the "App status reason" on page 1 of GCMS knows that shows On Hold instead of In Progress?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Some people have hard time with FedEx options. So here is a brief note. Match the appropriate options.. Also page 160 of this thread has a good tutorial.
Ship date is today's if you are shipping today.
1 package.
.2 lb if one passport.
1$ value
International priority
FedEx envelope
Immigration
Commercial
1$
Bill both to your account.
Phone and email for both package is yours not cpc's
Use an already scheduled pickup for both ways
Commercial invoice
Give a nickname for shipment profile
Signature: none since all international need sign. Adding again here may cost more
Terms of sale is free carrier
Return label is email or print

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Usually the upload documents prompt is the last stage you get to. So you should copy whatever you have written and paste it in the box provided. Fill out all the details required and click next till you see the prompt to upload a document if you want to
Got it!.. Thanks a lot!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Okay folks ... There are now 6 known cases of Application on Hold in Montreal and many are from June. My guess is something happened that has put your files on hold.

I know @NandiniAS , @Y@$h, @praveen07cse , @serene17, one person who had PMed me (and for life of me I can't find that now) and one case in the excel sheet of Montreal - Total 6

I don't think it is a coincidence and as far as I know about all your cases ... all your cases are different from each other.

I think you folks can compare your GCMS notes to check if there is a pattern that you see ..

1. Did it happen on same date?
2. Is it the same agent?
3. Is there any other similarity in your notes

I think may be we can find some key to why applications went "On Hold" and may be think of some step to resolve it.

Last edited:

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018
Guys my AOR is 10th Aug..FSW inland....just checked my account and saw it was updated... My background check went from in progress to processing....looks like I went to IP2.....what should I expect from the pattern....PPR soon or still some time until I get result....from my gcms everything was good no remarks...R10 was recommended pass....

Reactions: Adeife23