+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hahahahahaha i was typing to announce this. This folks certainly take their sweet time
I called them this morning and elligibility is still in RR. Even after six months. Funny folks!!
Oh boy . Be hopeful although it's tough. As you already know the guys eligibility was still in rr and they hadn't took second look.on Wednesday but in two days they did that and background..even though his Aor I two days after me and he had review required , PPR came sooner than me. Who knows yours maybe coming soon too

Last edited:
Reactions: Adeife23

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
You are wrong here buddy! It is mentioned on the website and very clearly. So, if you have claimed points for arranged employment your document need to state you will have job for at least one year post they issue you PR.

Refer link here ttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

And below is a screenshot

Hey Cansha, thank you for the link. I am currently talking with the HR to help me out with that. Do you think it would be better to create a new offer of employment or just sate on the company letter head that they want to employ me for at least one year after issuance of PR? I think the first choice is weird, because I am already working for the same company, so they may not be so inclined to make a job offer for the job that I am currently working at, right? Please correct me if I am wrong

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hahahahahaha i was typing to announce this. This folks certainly take their sweet time
I called them this morning and elligibility is still in RR. Even after six months. Funny folks!!
And ottawa as per promised showered PPR's yesterday and today. so many of them! That is three weeks in a row PPR showers from ottawa and of course keeping up to the word of processing 80% of applicants within 6 months. Comparing their AOR's those who received yesterday and today most were within 5.5 months, looking at their signatures.
and here we are dealing with montreal who have not performed in the last 3 weeks.
It just boggles me as to think dont they have targets to meet i mean end of the day its an office and people are getting paid to perform certain tasks, its not free work.
Back in the days when i worked at my university part time student worker at graduate admissions office, we would get similar packages from aspiring students and we had to evaluate each file and work on each file and finally let the student know if he is admitted or rejected based on many circumstances such as GPA's scholarships research all that good stuff and of course the dean would have the final say and answer phone calls and emails like the agents and each person had to do certain number of applications a day to keep up the pace and promise and status of the university.

its so difficult for me to wrap my head around this sluggishness 3 weeks of silence and still ongoing.

Reactions: Adeife23 and cansha

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Guys what is the difference between background check and criminality, security. Is it right to assume criminality and security are part of background check
Also one poor guy with July Aor(Outland) has due date of June and they told him to call back in june. So disappointing ☹, not sure what to think of it, basically they are saying it will be a year . They should likely consider the fax and change Visa office option?

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Whats your AOR by the way @Adeife23 ? sorry am not able to see it in your signature.
Hey Axwell,
My AOR is July 24th
Trust me, Montreal office is a unique breed.
In my head i give them.the excuse that they deal with other applications like refugee and their own quebec immigration applications so express entry is not really a priority for them. That is the only sane explanation to how they can go on for three weeks and issue only a few PPRs.
Anyway, slowly but surely our excel sheet is turning green. It is just taking a looooong time as usual. It even feels like they are worse than their old ways. But on whatsapp group, someone got ppr, two people got updates that their assessments are passed and security is ongoing. So lets see...PPR may be near for them

Reactions: Axwell

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
5 days or less to finish the six month so-called normal processing time..so tired of waiting, so frustrated of their slow pace..

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Guys what is the difference between background check and criminality, security. Is it right to assume criminality and security are part of background check
Also one poor guy with July Aor(Outland) has due date of June and they told him to call back in june. So disappointing ☹, not sure what to think of it, basically they are saying it will be a year . They should likely consider the fax and change Visa office option?
this link explains the difference between the two. hope you find it helpful.

http://askkubeir.com/lifeline-of-express-entry/

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hey Axwell,
My AOR is July 24th
Trust me, Montreal office is a unique breed.
In my head i give them.the excuse that they deal with other applications like refugee and their own quebec immigration applications so express entry is not really a priority for them. That is the only sane explanation to how they can go on for three weeks and issue only a few PPRs.
Anyway, slowly but surely our excel sheet is turning green. It is just taking a looooong time as usual. It even feels like they are worse than their old ways. But on whatsapp group, someone got ppr, two people got updates that their assessments are passed and security is ongoing. So lets see...PPR may be near for them
I see,
yes lets wait another one week to find out *sigh*. we were blaming it on winter all these days now we gotta wait till summer to find out lol.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
5 days or less to finish the six month so-called normal processing time..so tired of waiting, so frustrated of their slow pace..
Do you plan to give them a call once you hit the 6 month mark ? Or did you call them in the recent past ?

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Guys, last night I got a ghost update in my account. Called agent this morning and got the following news:

- Eligibility: from “Recommend Passed” to “Passed”;
- Criminality: from “In Progress” to “Passed”;
- Security: from “Not Started” to “In Progress”.

I am July 16th AoR (FSW-Inland).

Keep your hopes up! They are working (in a f***** slow pace, but working).

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Guys, last night I got a ghost update in my account. Called agent this morning and got the following news:

I have the same AoR and stream... didn't get a ghost update
damn it, guess I'm in for a long wait.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
IRCC still finds away to confused me the more. The more I study the gcms note the more confused I get.
I noticed in my gcms notes in the Application status sections: there are over 40 status and some under Eligibilty: it goes from ‘not started’ to ‘in progress’ to ‘calculation in progress’ to ‘passed’. This happened three times and then ends at ‘Not started’ again.

If it has passed this stage several times why would an analyst still recommend ‘review required’?

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018

My AOR is July 16th as well. I hope they are working :).