+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Away you mean not working on files or doing other files like refugee, provincial or something else?
actually, I want to believe that they're busy with refugees or other applications, because then I can comfort myself knowing that sometime they'll get back to express entry applications.
Either that, or they're not working due to weather circumstances (or others, god knows what...).

I just wish we could know more somehow. do they have a call centre there?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
actually, I want to believe that they're busy with refugees or other applications, because then I can comfort myself that sometime they'll get back to express entry applications.
Either that, or they're not working due to weather circumstances (or others, god knows what...).

I just wish we could know more somehow. do they have a call centre there?
I think the call center agents are actually based in Montreal. As per gcms notes my calls to them are logger against Montreal contact center or something. And most agents do seem to have a heavy French accent.

deq

Jan 9, 2019
I think the call center agents are actually based in Montreal. As per gcms notes my calls to them are logger against Montreal contact center or something. And most agents do seem to have a heavy French accent.
I couldn't get into the queue today... and anyway I wouldn't know what to ask. I called them last week and they said background checks haven't started yet (argh... so frustrating!)
Sending a CSE didn't help either, yet another generic response.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
That makes sense. The ones I called , all of them had accent as well. I was wondering if it's just my luck that it kept going to French speaking ones

Reactions: cansha

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Montreal seems to have gone back to its old ways ... Not much action in the week so far. Anyways before that super Friday Wed / Thursday were good days for Montreal. Hopefully, they will have mercy on folks waiting.
Ottawa had a rain of PPR's today and yesterday at least seeing on the forums here. looked like most of the AOR's were from the end of August. CIC says they process 80% of applicants in 6 months and looks like most of these 80% are from ottawa and that branch is delivering as promised.
I was curious to check what canadians living in montreal think about this branch for their services. A google quick search review gave me an idea of it. I suggest you guys to take a look as well and you will not be surprised by the customer feedback left on them. 1 star!! and reading the reivews, they are equally frustrated i think.

and it also makes me wonder, dont they have an expectation to meet as a working office? some kind of performance evaluation? I personally think they need a good course on lean and six sigma tools to improve and increase the efficiencies !!

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Ottawa had a rain of PPR's today and yesterday at least seeing on the forums here. looked like most of the AOR's were from the end of August. CIC says they process 80% of applicants in 6 months and looks like most of these 80% are from ottawa and that branch is delivering as promised.
I was curious to check what canadians living in montreal think about this branch for their services. A google quick search review gave me an idea of it. I suggest you guys to take a look as well and you will not be surprised by the customer feedback left on them. 1 star!! and reading the reivews, they are equally frustrated i think.

and it also makes me wonder, dont they have an expectation to meet as a working office? some kind of performance evaluation? I personally think they need a good course on lean and six sigma tools to improve and increase the efficiencies !!
Can you share some of the links please?
Do they concern immigration officers themselves or just the service at the office?

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Just wondering, has someone ever tried contacting an MP regarding an application that is being processed in Montreal VO?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just wondering, has someone ever tried contacting an MP regarding an application that is being processed in Montreal VO?
Yes some inland candidates. Check out previous posts of @Rijo02. They will tell you they can’t expedite anything. But a good option if someone is not able to get GCMS notes to get a status.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi guys,

My AOR is July 19, 2018

Received my forst GCMS Notes.

Do I still have hope of getting approve or should I assume of refusal and think of re-applying again or apllying for other programs?

I would really appreciate any insight from all of you giys especially from those who know all lot with regards to gcms notes.

Thank you,

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Hi guys,

My AOR is July 19, 2018

Do I still have hope of getting approve or should I assume of refusal and think of re-applying again or apllying for other programs?

I would really appreciate any insight from all of you giys especially from those who know all lot with regards to gcms notes.

Thank you,
I suggest you try to contact your employer HR and/or direct manager and ask for the missing information ASAP. Try to get as much as you can from them to satisfy that 1 year minimum requirement. With whatever you got, use the webform to submit a CSE, explain your situation and upload all supporting documents.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Montreal Folks!

I started this thread the day I formally joined this forum. The date was 08/01. Now today is 01/08 ....

And finally I get to announce that I have just received PPR in my account. It has been a long journey and to be honest not an easy one. At this point I have feeling of relief more than happiness. But all in all I'm happy that the wait has ended.

When I came to know my Visa office is Montreal I created account to this forum and posted on June thread. I remember @pathwaytofreedom to was the first one to say that her visa office is Montreal too. We didn't know much about this VO. There was not much information. Then we found two more people in @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 and I created this thread the same day.

From then on my sole focus was to go and find as many people from Montreal as possible. I'm a person who believes in data and needs to see information to feel okay. I never imagined this thread will grow so much. We are on 179th page today.

In the end, thanks to each and everyone of you who have come here and participated. It would have been a much arduous journey than it already was all alone. Thanks to everyone who have sent me PMs in past to keep me going.

January definitely has been the most action we have seen in Montreal. And I can say we have seen more action in last 3/4 days than whole of December.

My best wishes with each and everyone who is waiting. I know how hard the wait is and fact is it won't get any easier if I say be positive and all. So I will spare you all that wisdom as I never personally believed in all that.

Everyone's coping mechanism is different and for me it was this forum. Many people have thanked me here for my help but really my presence here helped me more than possible I have helped anyone. So, pick your coping mechanism and try to hold on. I'm here for anyone who needs my help and goes without saying I'm always here to help.

Once again Thank You All!
Congrats Cansha! And thanks for referring me to this thread. Been trying to catch up and saw this post! You sincerely deserve this and more! You have gotten your PPR and still take time to guide people coming up. You are simply the best!

Reactions: cansha

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
Hi guys,

My AOR is July 19, 2018

Thank you,
Hey, I got a similar case. My points were cut down because my employment offer didn't stipulate that I will work for them for more than 1 year. But funny thing, I am working for the same company for more than 1 year now. So yeah, will be sending additional documents as no hope has been lost yet! Keep your chin up and fight my friend!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hahahahaha Rijo the future immigration consultant. Ordering notes after PPR. Please, your consultant sir let us in on the insights that you get from the notes when they arrive. You may want to try getgcms as a lot of people have had issues with the ATIP one and many have gone on endlessly without receiving the notes. I know its free or cheaper, well that may explain why they never receive it lol
All the notes are ordered through ATIP website only. GCMSBuddy and the other third party websites use the same portal too. There is no other way to order the notes other than ATIP website.