+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hey, I got a similar case. My points were cut down because my employment offer didn't stipulate that I will work for them for more than 1 year. But funny thing, I am working for the same company for more than 1 year now. So yeah, will be sending additional documents as no hope has been lost yet! Keep your chin up and fight my friend!
Hi @Abzstem,

Good day.

You have the same case too?

May I ask what additional and supporting documents did you requested from your employer?

Any formats?

Goodluck to us buddy.

Thank you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey, I got a similar case. My points were cut down because my employment offer didn't stipulate that I will work for them for more than 1 year. But funny thing, I am working for the same company for more than 1 year now. So yeah, will be sending additional documents as no hope has been lost yet! Keep your chin up and fight my friend!
Not sure if you are understanding this correct. So IRCC doesn't want to know whether you are working for the employer for 1+ year or not. They want that the job offer should be valid for at least one year from the date they give you PR. That's what I have read on the forums and this is not my personal research so I may be wrong.

If you already know this and your documents reflected that then ignore above.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Not sure if you are understanding this correct. So IRCC doesn't want to know whether you are working for the employer for 1+ year or not. They want that the job offer should be valid for at least one year from the date they give you PR. That's what I have read on the forums and this is not my personal research so I may be wrong.

If you already know this and your documents reflected that then ignore above.
Hi @cansha

Do you have the thread for that forum?

I really want to know what to do and what to put with my reference letter and contract before I request it from my employer.

Thank you so much

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha

Do you have the thread for that forum?

I really want to know what to do and what to put with my reference letter and contract before I request it from my employer.

Thank you so much
No I don’t have it handy. Just do a search on forum. Or just look at IRCC website on what is a valid job offer.

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
Hi @Abzstem,

Good day.

You have the same case too?

May I ask what additional and supporting documents did you requested from your employer?

Any formats?

Goodluck to us buddy.

Thank you.
Hey Friend, I've re-read your wording and mine and realised wrong wording in our cases. Your analyst wants to know whether you'd have permanent position after you get your PR.

Mine has trouble with arranged employment, where my offer of employment does not confirm employment of at least one year after issuance of visa. I will be sending additional document from my HR where they state that I will be employed one year after issuance of Visa and that I am already working for the company for more than a year now since I have received visa and arrived to Canada. This whole concern from the analyst about my case is stupid as. Will also include my current work agreement just in case (though I think I have submitted it already).

Good luck my friend! Stay strong!

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hey Friend, I've re-read your wording and mine and realised wrong wording in our cases. Your analyst wants to know whether you'd have permanent position after you get your PR.

Mine has trouble with arranged employment, where my offer of employment does not confirm employment of at least one year after issuance of visa. I will be sending additional document from my HR where they state that I will be employed one year after issuance of Visa and that I am already working for the company for more than a year now since I have received visa and arrived to Canada. This whole concern from the analyst about my case is stupid as. Will also include my current work agreement just in case (though I think I have submitted it already).

Good luck my friend! Stay strong!
Hello

I need to understand the both of you. Are you applying under the FSW. If you are then you need to only show experience that you have worked for not experience that you would work for in the future. They give you points based on a prior job that you have worked in for at least one year..it could be more. The letter from that job should state your job duration with them, salary, hours and responsibilities/duties. Whether you would be employed after issuance of visa is not IRCCs business.

This is what Cansha tried to explain

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I called them although I shouldn't have lol and the agent said I see you have notes 4 times (not true) and called every week which isn't true. She told me to just wait. I told her politely Montreal doesn't update online status, so I'm.clueless. they don't request additional documents until 6, 7 month causing more delay so I'm just trying to avoid that scenario. I understand you have no control but I have no other way . Then her tone completely changed. I told her I will wait a month this time :) and She said background check started..not sure if I should trust

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
Hello

I need to understand the both of you. Are you applying under the FSW. If you are then you need to only show experience that you have worked for not experience that you would work for in the future. They give you points based on a prior job that you have worked in for at least one year..it could be more. The letter from that job should state your job duration with them, salary, hours and responsibilities/duties. Whether you would be employed after issuance of visa is not IRCCs business.

This is what Cansha tried to explain
Hey Adeife23, sorry if I got you confused over my case. Yes, I have applied under FSW program and just quoting the GCMS notes that I have received. Trust me, the analyst who reviewed my notes also got me super confused as his notes go against the instructions and notes on the immigration website.

I have 2 reasons why the analyst reduced my CRS score. 1) for arranged employment, where my offer letter doesn't confirm employment of at least one year after issuance of visa. Which isn't a requirement anywhere on the site. 2) Skill transferability points for foreign work experience, where points were reduced from my total CRS score as I was working as self-employed while living overseas. So analyst said that self-employment is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience. Then a bit further down it says that work experience is not included in the calculation of CRS points, but it is included in the calculation for FSW points. Both my foreign work experience as self employed and offer letter are for the same company and I am currently working at that company in Canada. Do you see my confusion?

Reactions: Adeife23

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
1) for arranged employment, where my offer letter doesn't confirm employment of at least one year after issuance of visa. Which isn't a requirement anywhere on the site.
You are wrong here buddy! It is mentioned on the website and very clearly. So, if you have claimed points for arranged employment your document need to state you will have job for at least one year post they issue you PR.

Refer link here ttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

And below is a screenshot

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oh he is claiming points for a job offer. Now I get the gist
That part I'm still not sure. I was just responding to the fact the arranged employment has well defined conditions and the one that was mentioned on the GCMS notes does exist. I'm not certain if it is applicable for his case or just a confusion.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yep not a peep from the guys . Only hope is that there are a lot of June, July folks and they are working on lot of files at once...and many will get PPR at once. But just a pipe dream perhaps. They seem to have become worse than before
Montreal has been dead all week!! Damn these guys seem to have stopped working completely.

Reactions: sam.m and cansha

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
A July 18 Aor got PPR this morning. Just when we thought bear went to sleep, it woke up from it's nap. Probably going back to take another nap
Hahahahahaha i was typing to announce this. This folks certainly take their sweet time
I called them this morning and elligibility is still in RR. Even after six months. Funny folks!!