+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

NicK728

Apr 29, 2013
Are you inland? That is indeed strange if you are outland. Most outland candidates have their eligibility done for the timeline you suggested.
I am from the USA. How would I know about my eligibility until I order the GCMS? I can never get through on the phone with an agent and the IVR only repeats what's on my profile.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Since your first notes haven't arrived , you should order again just to verify what the agent said. It's a little weird they haven't even touched your file for so long. I have no clue about it and can only speculate. It is not unreasonable of you to order notes again . You should use a site like getgcms or gcms buddy though if you didn't first time. Also someone mentioned that they use the concept of digital shelf. If a visa officer is working on your file then they cannot issue notes on checked out file and hence the delay. Not sure how far that is true
@cansha does security happen first for inland?
No security does not happen before but in most inland cases criminality gets set to Passed pretty early in the process and hence most inland candidates go to so called IP2 almost same time as MEP date.

I guess I will order the notes in a week or so. Thanks!
You should order notes again. Somehow Montreal has not been very kind of inland candidates and I can't make any sense why that is the case. A few inland candidates from May and June did have some better luck but overall they aren't as consistent in processing inland candidates. My suggestion would be to reach out to local MP in case you don't want to order notes again. So MP office can't expedite security checks but I think they probably should ask the question why on earth they wouldn't do eligibility test till now.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am from the USA. How would I know about my eligibility until I order the GCMS? I can never get through on the phone with an agent and the IVR only repeats what's on my profile.
You need to be persistent in calling. It takes a while to get connected. You probably need to keep aside 1 hour if you really want to get connected. It sucks but really there is no other way.

And do order GCMS notes. And use getgcms. Its expensive than other options but I have ordered twice and never faced any delay. It is not to say they don't have delays but I guess lesser compared to other providers.

NicK728

Apr 29, 2013
You need to be persistent in calling. It takes a while to get connected. You probably need to keep aside 1 hour if you really want to get connected. It sucks but really there is no other way.

And do order GCMS notes. And use getgcms. Its expensive than other options but I have ordered twice and never faced any delay. It is not to say they don't have delays but I guess lesser compared to other providers.
Is there a "special" way to call them/ connect with them from the US?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Is there a "special" way to call them/ connect with them from the US?
No.. atleast none that I know of. You can use *67 in front of the number if the number is not letting you reach the line. But since you are able to get IVRS responses I don't think that is the issue. You just need to try to be put in queue. You can try connecting 7:55AM EST. That seem to work for many folks.

Reactions: NicK728

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Still ordering notes??
Hahaha! Dude this response didn't answer my question!!! Anyways, we are curious to know what eventually happened to our file before they issued the PR. Hence, we want to order the notes to see! Someone advised that and we thought it is wise enough to do so. Having said that, find me a solution to the issue as I know people that use GCMSBuddy and others are still able to place the order!!!!

Reactions: cansha and Adeife23

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hahaha! Dude this response didn't answer my question!!! Anyways, we are curious to know what eventually happened to our file before they issued the PR. Hence, we want to order the notes to see! Someone advised that and we thought it is wise enough to do so. Having said that, find me a solution to the issue as I know people that use GCMSBuddy and others are still able to place the order!!!!
Hahahahaha Rijo the future immigration consultant. Ordering notes after PPR. Please, your consultant sir let us in on the insights that you get from the notes when they arrive. You may want to try getgcms as a lot of people have had issues with the ATIP one and many have gone on endlessly without receiving the notes. I know its free or cheaper, well that may explain why they never receive it lol

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don't know anything about ATIP as never used it.

Hahahahaha Rijo the future immigration consultant. Ordering notes after PPR. Please, your consultant sir let us in on the insights that you get from the notes when they arrive. You may want to try getgcms as a lot of people have had issues with the ATIP one and many have gone on endlessly without receiving the notes. I know its free or cheaper, well that may explain why they never receive it lol
I would second this. if you really want to receive your notes use getgcms.

Reactions: Adeife23

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Montreal seems to have gone back to its old ways ... Not much action in the week so far. Anyways before that super Friday Wed / Thursday were good days for Montreal. Hopefully, they will have mercy on folks waiting.

Reactions: Adeife23

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Montreal seems to have gone back to its old ways ... Not much action in the week so far. Anyways before that super Friday Wed / Thursday were good days for Montreal. Hopefully, they will have mercy on folks waiting.
On whatsapp group someone sent a screenshot of the weather in Montreal. It was -15 c. So we concluded that with that weather, they are probably snoozing and drinking coffee/beer at work. Who is in the mood to work with that weather Good excuse for officers who already had the "innate lazy attitude"

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
On whatsapp group someone sent a screenshot of the weather in Montreal. It was -15 c. So we concluded that with that weather, they are probably snoozing and drinking coffee/beer at work. Who is in the mood to work with that weather Good excuse for officers who already had the "innate lazy attitude"
:) What else we can say but to rationalize their behavior. They are most definitely used to such weather by now. But yeah may be a little lazy but its not as if they were super diligent in summer months.

Reactions: maverick1982

deq

Jan 9, 2019
they probably knew in advance they're going to be away for a long time...