+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,

Good morning. My AOR is Sep 21 2018. I passed Medical on OCT 23. Since then I don't see any progress with my application. I applied for GCMS notes via getgcms around the 90 day mark. I have not received my GCMS notes either. Is there any applicant from September with the same status as mine ?

Residence : USA ( FSW- O)
Nationality : India
AOR : SEP 21
Medical : OCT 23
Background : We will send you a message when we start your background check.
VO : Montreal
I think we can tell more once the notes arrive. Do you know when the file was transferred to montreal? If it was transferred on October 23, right after medical passed, your eligibility will likely be looked at around Jan 23, so order notes again that time.

immigrate_to_canda

Jul 19, 2018
I think we can tell more once the notes arrive. Do you know when the file was transferred to montreal? If it was transferred on October 23, right after medical passed, your eligibility will likely be looked at around Jan 23, so order notes again that time.

Sorry, I have no clue when the file was transferred to Montreal. I called the CIC agent in November and I was told Visa office is Montreal.
could you please tell me why you think my eligibility will start likely be looked at around Jan 23 ?

Is it based on some trend/pattern ?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Sorry, I have no clue when the file was transferred to Montreal. I called the CIC agent in November and I was told Visa office is Montreal.
could you please tell me why you think my eligibility will start likely be looked at around Jan 23 ?

Is it based on some trend/pattern ?
Yes, i have seen people's eligibility being looked at after 2- 3 months. In order to not order notes redundantly, i think 3 month timeline is good. Also it depends on transfer date. If your file was transferred right away, your eligibility might be done sooner. If it sits in main office and is transferred late, then it may not be done soon

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

Good morning. My AOR is Sep 21 2018. I passed Medical on OCT 23. Since then I don't see any progress with my application. I applied for GCMS notes via getgcms around the 90 day mark. I have not received my GCMS notes either. Is there any applicant from September with the same status as mine ?

Residence : USA ( FSW- O)
Nationality : India
AOR : SEP 21
Medical : OCT 23
Background : We will send you a message when we start your background check.
VO : Montreal
All candidates in Montreal from September will have same status as yours. You can go through this thread to know more but there are two highlights of Montreal VO
1. The processing times at best is 5.5 months from AOR and most cases see 6+ month processing time.
2. The processing so far has been relatively sequential and right now we are expecting July applicants to get processed and get PPR. Based on that it would be a miracle if you hear anything before March.
3. If your GCMS notes have not arrived then do order another set. Montreal most likely won't send an ADR before the 5/6 month and that may likely cause more delays. So better to know if they need any additional document or not. And if they do upload it proactively.

Reactions: HFL2018

immigrate_to_canda

Jul 19, 2018
All candidates in Montreal from September will have same status as yours. You can go through this thread to know more but there are two highlights of Montreal VO
1. The processing times at best is 5.5 months from AOR and most cases see 6+ month processing time.
2. The processing so far has been relatively sequential and right now we are expecting July applicants to get processed and get PPR. Based on that it would be a miracle if you hear anything before March.
3. If your GCMS notes have not arrived then do order another set. Montreal most likely won't send an ADR before the 5/6 month and that may likely cause more delays. So better to know if they need any additional document or not. And if they do upload it proactively.

Alright. Thanks for the response. I filed my EE application through an immigration attorney. However, I applied for GCMS notes on my own through getgcms. I was wondering if I could order another GCMS notes via getgcms again ? or... Should I apply for gcms notes via my attorney ? Any recommendations ?

NicK728

Apr 29, 2013
I have 29 days left on my timeline on my application and I am still in IP1. NO CHANGE!! This is genuinely a test of patience! Even though I am indebted to Canada for giving me an oppurtunity to pursue security and peace of mind unlike the US, I just can't fathom the fact that people from other VO's have been getting PR's every single day and Montreal hasn't even started anything yet. How the hell are they going to finish my case in the next 29 days when nothing has even begun? Is it too early to call them to find out? My GCMS is a month and half or two months old and nothing had started even on that.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I have 29 days left on my timeline on my application and I am still in IP1. NO CHANGE!! This is genuinely a test of patience! Even though I am indebted to Canada for giving me an oppurtunity to pursue security and peace of mind unlike the US, I just can't fathom the fact that people from other VO's have been getting PR's every single day and Montreal hasn't even started anything yet. How the hell are they going to finish my case in the next 29 days when nothing has even begun? Is it too early to call them to find out? My GCMS is a month and half or two months old and nothing had started even on that.
My case is pretty much similar to yours. I ordered the second set of notes on December 13 which I haven't yet received. In my first set of notes around 2.5 months mark since AOR, nothing had been started. I recently, a few days ago, called IRCC and a lady agent told me that unfortunately nothing has been started yet. I drew her attention that I'm only 23 days away from the end of six months timeline, she said my application will definitely be delayed and feel free to call us after the timeline is over. I asked her what's the reason that nothing has been started yet, she replied 'I don't have enough info'. She once mentioned that some information is missing in my application, I asked her twice what is it but she couldn't tell me.
Now I am wondering without even starting anything on my application how did they figure that something is missing. Let's say If they figured that something is missing, would the analyst have mentioned it in my file so that I can find from my notes that I had ordered last month? Should I trust agent's wordings, because sometimes their info is misleading?
Montreal has really puzzled me!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Alright. Thanks for the response. I filed my EE application through an immigration attorney. However, I applied for GCMS notes on my own through getgcms. I was wondering if I could order another GCMS notes via getgcms again ? or... Should I apply for gcms notes via my attorney ? Any recommendations ?
You can apply yourself . The lawyer may charge extra ha. You should wait till end of month just to make sure its done by then

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
My case is pretty much similar to yours. I ordered the second set of notes on December 13 which I haven't yet received. In my first set of notes around 2.5 months mark since AOR, nothing had been started. I recently, a few days ago, called IRCC and a lady agent told me that unfortunately nothing has been started yet. I drew her attention that I'm only 23 days away from the end of six months timeline, she said my application will definitely be delayed and feel free to call us after the timeline is over. I asked her what's the reason that nothing has been started yet, she replied 'I don't have enough info'. She once mentioned that some information is missing in my application, I asked her twice what is it but she couldn't tell me.
Now I am wondering without even starting anything on my application how did they figure that something is missing. Let's say If they figured that something is missing, would the analyst have mentioned it in my file so that I can find from my notes that I had ordered last month? Should I trust agent's wordings, because sometimes their info is misleading?
Montreal has really puzzled me!
I have crossed 6 months by a week: eligibility recommend passed end of october. Nothing has moved after that. I dont think you calling will make a difference. But after 6 months, you can try asking them to send a note to the VO that you exceeded timeline. Considering you are inland, you need to be prepared for more delays. You should not trust the agents completely. They have no control on the delays, and i think they are trying to give excuses for the visa office.
Also, i just heard that you can request the visa office to transfer file if you provide a strong reason. But after such a long time, im not sure if it will help at all trying that route and some are speculating it may cause more delay.

Last edited:

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Are you inland? That is indeed strange if you are outland. Most outland candidates have their eligibility done for the timeline you suggested.

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
I have crossed 6 months by a week: eligibility recommend passed end of october. Nothing has moved after that. I dont think you calling will make a difference. But after 6 months, you can try asking them to send a note to the VO that you exceeded timeline. Considering you are inland, you need to be prepared for more delays. You should not trust the agents completely. They have no control on the delays, and i think they are trying to give excuses for the visa office.
Also, i just heard that you can request the visa office to transfer file if you provide a strong reason. But after such a long time, im not sure if it will help at all trying that route and some are speculating it may cause more delay.
Hi Maverick, are you in the WA Montreal group? We are exactly in the same situation. My AoR is 16 July, file transferred to Montral on 23 August, and I got a recommend pass on 30 October. Cheers to patience and resilience!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi Maverick, are you in the WA Montreal group? We are exactly in the same situation. My AoR is 16 July, file transferred to Montral on 23 August, and I got a recommend pass on 30 October. Cheers to patience and resilience!
Yes I am in that group. Same timeline as you almost, file transferred on aug23 too but eligibility was done a day before. So Montreal is sequential for the most part. Hopefully we will get our PPR at the same time!

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks for your advice. I agree with you on asking them to put a note and forward it to the VO. However, my big concern is why aren't they starting my eligibility test! I mean I could understand if this was the situation at the 4 months mark since AOR but its almost six months and nobody has touched my file according to the agent. I was very hopeful with the GCMS notes but they aren't arrived yet and ordering a new set right away makes a very little sense to me, especially after talking to the agent.
I could understand delays once the processing starts but taking 6 months to start processing is very unfair on my part and unprofessional on their part.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for your advice. I agree with you on asking them to put a note and forward it to the VO. However, my big concern is why aren't they starting my eligibility test! I mean I could understand if this was the situation at the 4 months mark since AOR but its almost six months and nobody has touched my file according to the agent. I was very hopeful with the GCMS notes but they aren't arrived yet and ordering a new set right away makes a very little sense to me, especially after talking to the agent.
I could understand delays once the processing starts but taking 6 months to start processing is very unfair on my part and unprofessional on their part.
Since your first notes haven't arrived , you should order again just to verify what the agent said. It's a little weird they haven't even touched your file for so long. I have no clue about it and can only speculate. It is not unreasonable of you to order notes again . You should use a site like getgcms or gcms buddy though if you didn't first time. Also someone mentioned that they use the concept of digital shelf. If a visa officer is working on your file then they cannot issue notes on checked out file and hence the delay. Not sure how far that is true
@cansha does security happen first for inland?

Last edited:
Reactions: gadhvibhargav

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Since your first notes haven't arrived , you should order again just to verify what the agent said. It's a little weird they haven't even touched your file for so long. I have no clue about it and can only speculate. It is not unreasonable of you to order notes again . You should use a site like getgcms or gcms buddy though if you didn't first time. Also someone mentioned that they use the concept of digital shelf. If a visa officer is working on your file then they cannot issue notes on checked out file and hence the delay. Not sure how far that is true
@cansha does security happen first for inland?
I guess I will order the notes in a week or so. Thanks!