+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

AT0

Dec 11, 2018
There are few folks in WA Grp that got ghosts but no change whatsoever. One guy in WA Grp claims he got 8 ghosts in last 1-2 months. Apparently ghosts mean nothing for Montreal.

And one guy got straight PPR last week.. No ghost. Only ghost he got was on the day of PPR saying his profile was updated, and that update was the PPR letter in the account.
Could you please add me in the WhatsApp Group .My no is +1-469-347-0750.
Thnx

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
Omg... I too have sent passports and reached the office on Nov 16th, but no response yet :| Called IRCC twice and the agent said they started working on our passports on Nov 20 and no update after that. I am worried now.
Do not worry. That may be just one isolated case. Yours will be fine. But do drop a CSE and call the customer care agents to know the status.

Last edited:

Param90

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Do not worry. That may be just one isolated case. Yours will be fine. But do drop a CSE and call the customer care agents to know the status.
Hopefully... I already called customer care twice they just say that my passports have been received and they are processing it.
Anyways lets see, I have dropped ottawa cpc an email and will raise a CSE too and wait.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I logged into my account and saw the new status bar despite I have landed as a PR. It looks quite nice. It gives the date my application was received: Apr 26,2018 to the estimated completion date: Oct 26, 2018. Just like when you are tracking a package! Funny enough it speculates that my application is taking longer than expected to complete (among the 20% of applicants whose file is tough due to bla bla bla).

Overall, I can say that this does not in anyway solve the problem of real-time update given that my application has been approved (I have landed and my spouse has submit passport for visa and COPR). As the primary applicant, I had expected my application to be updated with approved after I landed but it still shows in progress (which I think another inland applicant had experienced after landing). But if this is because my spouse passport is still waiting to be stamped (already 24 days after it was sent to the VO), maybe that might justify why my application is still in progress. However, I really doubt that is the reason.

Simply put, it is just like a postman who delivered an item (say, check) but did not update the tracking information as delivered. In essence, the tracker will keep saying "in transit" even if you have deposited and even spent all the money!

In summary, I am still not impressed with this new update as it offers little or no improvement to the problems applicants face. IRCC should try better as we paid for this service and deserve better.

Reactions: annevn8

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I logged into my account and saw the new status bar despite I have landed as a PR. It looks quite nice. It gives the date my application was received: Apr 26,2018 to the estimated completion date: Oct 26, 2018. Just like when you are tracking a package! Funny enough it speculates that my application is taking longer than expected to complete (among the 20% of applicants whose file is tough due to bla bla bla).

Overall, I can say that this does not in anyway solve the problem of real-time update given that my application has been approved (I have landed and my spouse has submit passport for visa and COPR). As the primary applicant, I had expected my application to be updated with approved after I landed but it still shows in progress (which I think another inland applicant had experienced after landing). But if this is because my spouse passport is still waiting to be stamped (already 24 days after it was sent to the VO), maybe that might justify why my application is still in progress. However, I really doubt that is the reason.

Simply put, it is just like a postman who delivered an item (say, check) but did not update the tracking information as delivered. In essence, the tracker will keep saying "in transit" even if you have deposited and even spent all the money!

In summary, I am still not impressed with this new update as it offers little or no improvement to the problems applicants face. IRCC should try better as we paid for this service and deserve better.
The progress bar is a hogwash. They are simply adding 6 months to the AOR date and showing number of days remaining. If the file is not approved they have stated the biggest myth and lie of that 20% applications take more time (that data has no basis and is again another lie).

A September candidate with a PPR in hand is being shown 3 months remaining in PPR.

Another March candidate without PPR till now is being shown expected date of PPR as 8 Sep with that BS of 20% applications.

What is the use of such thing for candidate. Absolutely nothing? Some IT leader within the organization may be got a promotion for implementing this "candidate friendly feature". Actual advantage and utility to Candidates is ZERO. They are still as clueless about applications as they were yesterday. Moreover, this BS is not even visible to all yet. Talk about misplaced priorities and CIC keeps beating their own records.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Someone on july WA group just got a procedural fairness letter for pof. Was asked to declare all loans and credit card accounts. He doesn't know what to do. The account statement he submitted had no cc or loans attached. What do you guys suggest? @cansha ??
I told him if he could find a way to pay up the loans immediately. But he's worried it would show up in the statement. I feel that is still better than showing that he owes. Cos they would have a reason to subtract loans from original pof and say he is not eligible

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Someone on july WA group just got a procedural fairness letter for pof. Was asked to declare all loans and credit card accounts. He doesn't know what to do. The account statement he submitted had no cc or loans attached. What do you guys suggest? @cansha ??
I told him if he could find a way to pay up the loans immediately. But he's worried it would show up in the statement. I feel that is still better than showing that he owes. Cos they would have a reason to subtract loans from original pof and say he is not eligible
First, its a sign they have started processing July applicants now so good news for July guys.

Ideally he needs to show everything if a procedural fairness letter has been issued, but question is what sort of loans he has. Credit card doesn't matter much unless the credit card debt is huge. In loans I think house mortgage is fine but car loans have proven to be an issue for some where they tend to deduct whole of car loan amount from the POF. Rather than paying the loans he need to ensure that his POF is greater than needed even after deducting car loan and credit card debt.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
@Adeife23: Is his application with Monteral VO?

@cansha : I think this was in a generic July group. Not from the Montreal group..

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
First, its a sign they have started processing July applicants now so good news for July guys.

Ideally he needs to show everything if a procedural fairness letter has been issued, but question is what sort of loans he has. Credit card doesn't matter much unless the credit card debt is huge. In loans I think house mortgage is fine but car loans have proven to be an issue for some where they tend to deduct whole of car loan amount from the POF. Rather than paying the loans he need to ensure that his POF is greater than needed even after deducting car loan and credit card debt.
Thanks for responding Cansha. He is not sure about his VO. The loans were taken in his name for his father in laws business. What I remembered was the case of samjackson i think, where they subtracted his CC debt from his pof and said he wasnt elligible, regardless of what the cc debt was for.
So are you saying if he adds money to his account within the seven days given, even though it would show on his statement, it would fly?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for responding Cansha. He is not sure about his VO. The loans were taken in his name for his father in laws business. What I remembered was the case of samjackson i think, where they subtracted his CC debt from his pof and said he wasnt elligible, regardless of what the cc debt was for.
So are you saying if he adds money to his account within the seven days given, even though it would show on his statement, it would fly?
That's messed up taking loans for someone else in your name. anyways not commenting on personal choices.
I don't know whether it will fly or not because he was supposed to have funds when he created the application. Without knowing full picture it is difficult to say. I'm just saying depends on what kind of loans he has. Given that you are saying the loans for business needs, most likely they will be deducted from his POF account. They may have not done that with a housing loan. All he can do now is to make sure his current funds are greater than minimum funds needed after deducting loan amount. And if he is adding funds in these days and it is a big amount it has to be done using a gift deed.

Reactions: Adeife23 and tobs

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
That's messed up taking loans for someone else in your name. anyways not commenting on personal choices.
I don't know whether it will fly or not because he was supposed to have funds when he created the application. Without knowing full picture it is difficult to say. I'm just saying depends on what kind of loans he has. Given that you are saying the loans for business needs, most likely they will be deducted from his POF account. They may have not done that with a housing loan. All he can do now is to make sure his current funds are greater than minimum funds needed after deducting loan amount. And if he is adding funds in these days and it is a big amount it has to be done using a gift deed.
Okay. Thank you. Someone mentioned gift deed to him on the group. For some reason, he has 30 days and not 7 days to sort himself out. He was also advised to seek legal counsel or ask legalfalcon