+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I would have imagined that should not be the case. Now it makes me wonder that everything is possible with CIC in general and Montreal in particular.
Thanks. That's true , there is no guarantee about anything if file is in Montreal. Hopefully they only called PPR holder to inquire if they can speak French :)

AT0

Dec 11, 2018
FSW - O | AOR 11 July | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | VO - Montreal | Medical - Passed on 30 -July.
I am new to this group. if any one having idea currently which month case are processed by Montreal office so please let me know.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
What?? What was the call about?
Here is the full story: After getting PPR email, the guy sent his passport for stamping in the 2nd week of November and did not get it back yet. So he reached out to Ralph and was then informed that his file is put to additional review and thus his passport was kept on hold. Meanwhile his HR and Manager got employment verification calls from IRCC. Also he was asked for some additional docs.

Last edited:

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
FSW - O | AOR 11 July | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | VO - Montreal | Medical - Passed on 30 -July.
I am new to this group. if any one having idea currently which month case are processed by Montreal office so please let me know.
Welcome to the group. Montreal takes full 6 months at the least. Right now, June files are slowly moving. You can expect yours moving from this month end or mid-January.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Here is the full story: After getting PPR email, the guy sent his passport for stamping in the 2nd week of November and did not get it back yet. So he reached out to Ralph and was then informed that his file is put to additional review and thus his passport was kept on hold. Meanwhile his HR and Manager got employment verification calls from IRCC. Also he was asked for some additional docs.
What the f***. This is damn scary!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Wow it sure is! They should have done all this before issuing ppr. Its extremely stressful if this kind of thing happens. Hope the person is doing ok. Seems like they have just gone rogue and are doing whatever they want

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Wow, so now they are holding the Passport! That's illegal. :eek:

Reactions: scientistatwork

PCC_desperate

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Yeah I feel sorry for him. Moral of the story is one should hold off celebrating until you get CoPR!
PPR is no longer a safe point.
Lol my husband has his resignation mail typed and ready in Drafts ;) he was planing on resigning as soon as he gets the PPR mail..