+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

anandbhat

May 28, 2019
Hello. Does your profile show anything else passed besides medical? Like eligibility or background check?

I am not sure if being a US citizen has much to do with it as much as the UK visa rejection might have sent you off to review.

They only way to be sure, and to take proactive action if necessary, is by ordering GCMS notes.
Hi finally received this reply -
  • Your application currently meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid
Further my GCMS notes said that "Review Required" because I was refused an exchange student visa to the UK and also I was once charged with possession of paraphernalia but all charges were dropped and never went to trial. That incident did not affect my US naturalization negatively

cndpr

Jun 11, 2019
My aor 27 nov FSW inland.... still waiting... did you get any updates in between on your online account....???
Just found ghost update a day before i.e., Friday and found background status changed from “Application in process” to “Background in Progress”. Received COPR by email and status updated in profile on next day i.e., Monday.

• Wow
Reactions: Joyz

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Just found ghost update a day before i.e., Friday and found background status changed from “Application in process” to “Background in Progress”. Received COPR by email and status updated in profile on next day i.e., Monday.
Thank you.....you were a single applicant???

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Awesome. Congratulations.

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello,
My application is 2 month over due date now. My case moved to Montreal LVO in Feb 2020.
Three days ago I got a GU but no news until now.
I didn't get a pre-arrival letter yet. Is that possible to get decision made with a pre-arrival letter?

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hoping this is some kind of a positive update for US based applicants. This page was updated on July 10th. Irrespective of the date COPR was issued we can travel to settle down in Canada from US (Don’t think they are allowing soft landing yet)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

If you’re outside Canada
If you come to Canada, make sure you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re travelling for reasons like:

• tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

Travelling from any country other than the US
If we issued your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) on or before March 18, 2020, you

• are exempt from the travel restrictions and
  • can travel to Canada with your CoPR to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident
Check the issue date in the Application Details section of your CoPR to see if this applies to you.

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR

Reactions: cansha

Luna22

May 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Anyone received COPR from Montreal VO recently?

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Hello everyone,
I got ADR request On july 9
To pay Biometric fee and recent POF... I submitted both and now agent asked us to submit biometric... I don’t understand it why as my aor is 27 nov 2019 and biometric started from 3 rd dec... why agent asked me now as all collection services are closed..
can anyone has this situation or plz give some advice...

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
No, includes spouse
Thank you for the reply... can i ask you one more question...
Have you submitted biometrics bcoz i got biometric request now but as i applied before 3rd of dec when its started for all applicants....

cndpr

Jun 11, 2019
Thank you for the reply... can i ask you one more question...
Have you submitted biometrics bcoz i got biometric request now but as i applied before 3rd of dec when its started for all applicants....
No, Didn't receive any biometrics request. They are using same biometrics which I submitted a year ago for visitor visa.

SumanSomaiah

Jul 21, 2020
Hi All,

This is what I got form my GCMS notes dated 04/18/20.
Recieved ITA 07/10/19,
e-APR 08/29/19

Could you tell me what the nexts steps for this are?
Had no RFV mentioned in the GCMS notes

NOTES: 1
s.15(1)
Created Date: 2020/03/30 11:39:22
Created By: SSO4410
Updated Date: 2020/03/30 11:39:50 Updated By: SSO4410
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Montreal Immigration
Text:
***OFFICER REVIEW*** E001501824 PA: M J, S S GCMS/FOSS • No adverse information • PA, single; • No dependent child declared; PRIMARY OCCUPATION • NOC 2132 Mechanical Engineers SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Satisfied ELIGIBILITY DECISION • One year of full-time work experience over a continuous period in primary NOC achieved while working for: A — letter does not mention salary, however letter was issued by human resources, satisfied PA was earning a salary at 40 hours a week • 3 years of foreign work experience accumulated while working for: A; S; P. • Proof of education for PA provided and reviewed — no concerns Based on PA's education credentials and employment docs, I am satisfied on a balance of probabilities that the PA performed the lead statement and main duties associated with NOC 2132. A11.2 & SELECTION: Passed R75 (2) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Satisfied R76 (1) SELECTION CRITERIA POINTS: Satisfied ADMISSIBILITY • Security: Criminality: No concerns • Police certificate: NRT • Biometrics: NRT ***FINAL DECISION*** Satisfied applicant meets IRPA requirements. Application approved.

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi All,

Recieved ITA 07/10/19,
e-APR 08/29/19

s.15(1)
Text:
***OFFICER REVIEW*** E001501824 PA: M J, S S GCMS/FOSS • No adverse information • PA, single; • No dependent child declared; PRIMARY OCCUPATION • NOC 2132 Mechanical Engineers SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Satisfied ELIGIBILITY DECISION • One year of full-time work experience over a continuous period in primary NOC achieved while working for: A — letter does not mention salary, however letter was issued by human resources, satisfied PA was earning a salary at 40 hours a week • 3 years of foreign work experience accumulated while working for: A; S; P. • Proof of education for PA provided and reviewed — no concerns Based on PA's education credentials and employment docs, I am satisfied on a balance of probabilities that the PA performed the lead statement and main duties associated with NOC 2132. A11.2 & SELECTION: Passed R75 (2) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Satisfied R76 (1) SELECTION CRITERIA POINTS: Satisfied ADMISSIBILITY • Security: Criminality: No concerns • Police certificate: NRT • Biometrics: NRT ***FINAL DECISION*** Satisfied applicant meets IRPA requirements. Application approved.
U and Me are on the same boat, We have to wait for the CoPR. I'm still waiting for it.

Luna22

May 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Hi All,

Recieved ITA 07/10/19,
e-APR 08/29/19

s.15(1)
Text:
My application too is at the same stage. Infact the same officer reviewed our files as I can see from the number. The wait to receive the COPR is so long and tiring . Are you an inland or outland applicant?