+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for the prompt reply @cansha! The application status on very first page is "In Progress". Hopefully, there is still time to submit an LOE with clarification. Any specific format to follow or anything to keep in mind while submitting LOE?
With regards to work experience and FSW score, I am good.
Thanks again!
No it isn't too late. Just send a LOE from webform. There is no specific format and it doesn't have to be an essay. Just 5-6 lines are fine. No one has time to read pages of LOE.

In any case, personally I would be extremely surprised if your case is refused because of this. It is a mistake but a TRV refusal shouldn't lead to a PR application refusal. However, only issue is if a visa officer is being really strict he can argue you hid visa refusal information on your application. But that is too much speculation for now. Only thing in your hands right now is to send in a LOE and explain why TRV was refused and why you hadn't sent passport for original TRV application and hope for the best!

gabricar

Mar 24, 2020
I can see that a lot of ppl are getting their CoPR from Montreal, what is great news! I called the immi office 2 months ago and their response was that my application was waiting for a final decision. My AOR is from Jun 29th 2019... so my application is over 1 year now... the last update on my profile is from July 2019... but my GCMS says that I passed all requirements and checks...

I really would like to understand how an AOR from this year gets a CoPR prior to one from Jun 2019 from the same office. This is very frustrating...

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
I can see that a lot of ppl are getting their CoPR from Montreal, what is great news! I called the immi office 2 months ago and their response was that my application was waiting for a final decision. My AOR is from Jun 29th 2019... so my application is over 1 year now... the last update on my profile is from July 2019... but my GCMS says that I passed all requirements and checks...

I really would like to understand how an AOR from this year gets a CoPR prior to one from Jun 2019 from the same office. This is very frustrating...
did u apply for gcms notes recently and found what has happened since july?
also what category are u in, is in some pnp?

gabricar

Mar 24, 2020
did u apply for gcms notes recently and found what has happened since july?
also what category are u in, is in some pnp?
I'm on CEC...

I got my notes on May 15 2020 and the last update (April 7th) was that my medical exams were extended as it was going to expire.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
I'm on CEC...

I got my notes on May 15 2020 and the last update (April 7th) was that my medical exams were extended as it was going to expire.
I have seen a very few cases like yours on these forums..
Generally this issue of massive delay (not the covid cases) is due to background checks.
sometimes they are unable to verify everything on time or there is something they want to double check.
people keep applying for gcms, but that info is always removed from gcms and applicant remains in dark.

As you say now all stages pass, so good news is around the corner....
If u dont get PR in next 2 months (give or take a few weeks due to covid) then if u really wanna know the reason, contact immigration minister..
his office will ask IRCC and then he would tell u that something related to security check etc etc...

dont waste your time asking your local MP, he has no power over IRCC.

gabricar

Mar 24, 2020
I have seen a very few cases like yours on these forums..
Generally this issue of massive delay (not the covid cases) is due to background checks.
sometimes they are unable to verify everything on time or there is something they want to double check.
people keep applying for gcms, but that info is always removed from gcms and applicant remains in dark.

As you say now all stages pass, so good news is around the corner....
If u dont get PR in next 2 months (give or take a few weeks due to covid) then if u really wanna know the reason, contact immigration minister..
his office will ask IRCC and then he would tell u that something related to security check etc etc...

dont waste your time asking your local MP, he has no power over IRCC.
Thx for the reply... I called the immi office and they said my security passed and it was just waiting for the final decision... this was almost 2 months ago...

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Looks good. But personally I don't trust Web form replies. If I have to go by this then yes everything looks good.
Thank you but curious to know about the CIC Customer care Representative's updates, can they be trusted??

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
I just received the Golden Email for Permanent Residency.
Congratulations..... can you plz share your aor and stream...I’m FSW INLAND AOR 27 nov... i raised webform last week and there is no single update. My file is also stuck at Montreal quebec which takes much much longer time to process files...