+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

paxi

May 24, 2020
Hello All,

Found out today that the Eligibility on my application now says passed, it had a review required comment earlier. Security and Security Background are valid.Moving forward:
1. What steps are are left in terms of processing?
2. How much longer should it take from here?

I am a FSW-O applicant, AOR was Oct 8, 2019.
Congrats! where did you apply from?

Kan2020

Mar 4, 2020
Hello All,

Found out today that the application is finalized and is waiting on one last approval from an officer. Any idea about how long this should take at Montreal?

Thank you.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hello All,

Found out today that the application is finalized and is waiting on one last approval from an officer. Any idea about how long this should take at Montreal?

Thank you.
Are you an Outland applicant. If yes, it may take a few weeks. I've been on the same status you are since early may. Congratulations for this development.

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello All,

Thank you.
It make take few months, I have been waiting for this FINAL DECISION since 9th March'2020.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
But then @OscarTsai received an email with the COPR attached and also has the COPR details visible on the online portal like the rest of us. Maybe this is just the new way of issuing COPR letters? I guess we need to raise webforms and call because many of us are in the same situation.
Yes, actually I received THREE emails.

The first one was sent by Winnipeg - CIC with COPR documents and another document named PR obligations handout. Almost the same time, I received two system-generated emails sent by DONOTREPLY, both names are A message about your application is waiting for you. I think it was because I received two COPR updates in my account, both for my spouse and myself.

Then I logged in the account, find the application was approved and two COPRs were there.

Kan2020

Mar 4, 2020
Are you an Outland applicant. If yes, it may take a few weeks. I've been on the same status you are since early may. Congratulations for this development.
Yes I am. All the stages were approved about 2 weeks ago, it looks like. Hopefully they won’t take too long from this point on.

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
Hello Team,

Need urgent help/suggestions. @cansha if you can help.

I received the the GCMS notes today. I am not sure if I am reading GCMS notes correctly, but it seems there are 2 issues in the application:

1. My wife had applied for tourist visa for Canada in early 2019 for H1B stamping and the visa got approved. But she had to go to India for an emergency, so she got H1B stamping done from India and could not send the passport to Canadian consulate for Canada Visa stamp. It seems, since it was not mentioned in our PR application, officer has put 'Review Required' status and 'Application Refused' in comments.
Some snippets: "RECOMMENDATION: Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION FOR PA AND SPOUSE: PASS CRIMINALITY. HOWEVER, SPOUSE WAS REFUSED A TRV IN 201. NOT DECLARED IN E-APR....

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application SPOUSE/CL: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: APPLICATION REFUSED: THE APPLICATION DID NOT PROVIDE THE REQUESTED ORIGINAL PASSPORT WITHIN GIVEN TIMEFRAME. SUBSECTION A16(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT STATES THAT A PERSON WHO MAKES AN APPLICATION MUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY TO ALL QUESTIONS PUT TO THEM FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE EXAMINATION AND MUST PRODUCE ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES. CLIENT DID NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS REQUESTED BY THE DUE DATE. AS A RESULT, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT CLIENT MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACT, NAMELY, THAT SHE/HE HAS PRODUCED ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA. APPLICATION REFUSED."

In the Activity section, the latest activity reads:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Cancelled

What does that mean? Is my application rejected completely or I can still provide some explanation for the situation? Best way forward?

2. In work experience section, I have mentioned my experience as 6 years for given NOC (4 years after Masters degree and 2 years prior). It seems, officer is counting only post-Masters experience and has noted: "PA has declared 6+ years of experience. Only confirmed 4-5 years." Is that an issue and needs any additional documentation that you can suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance!

RG_Vancan

Mar 2, 2014
Yes, actually I received THREE emails.

The first one was sent by Winnipeg - CIC with COPR documents and another document named PR obligations handout. Almost the same time, I received two system-generated emails sent by DONOTREPLY, both names are A message about your application is waiting for you. I think it was because I received two COPR updates in my account, both for my spouse and myself.

Then I logged in the account, find the application was approved and two COPRs were there.
did you raise any webform or call IRCC to remind them that you are an inland applicant?