+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Im vexed with the same update on my profile except the medical passed since 14 Months. when I called CIC they updated that everything passed but nothing changed on profile. I have been waiting for updates on high spirits.. :(

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - March 1, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

@cansha & @legalfalcon ,
is there any other way to get updates other than GCMS notes. can you please share your expertise.....
Profile looks the same till the time COPR is issued. So, looking at profile has no use. There is no better solution than GCMS notes.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Team,

Need urgent help/suggestions. @cansha if you can help.

I received the the GCMS notes today. I am not sure if I am reading GCMS notes correctly, but it seems there are 2 issues in the application:
1. My wife had applied for tourist visa for Canada in early 2019 for H1B stamping and the visa got approved. But she had to go to India for an emergency, so she got H1B stamping done from India and could not send the passport to Canadian consulate for Canada Visa stamp. It seems, since it was not mentioned in our PR application, officer has put 'Review Required' status and 'Application Refused' in comments.
Some snippets: "RECOMMENDATION: Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION FOR PA AND SPOUSE: PASS CRIMINALITY. HOWEVER, SPOUSE WAS REFUSED A TRV IN 201. NOT DECLARED IN E-APR....

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application SPOUSE/CL: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: APPLICATION REFUSED: THE APPLICATION DID NOT PROVIDE THE REQUESTED ORIGINAL PASSPORT WITHIN GIVEN TIMEFRAME. SUBSECTION A16(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT STATES THAT A PERSON WHO MAKES AN APPLICATION MUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY TO ALL QUESTIONS PUT TO THEM FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE EXAMINATION AND MUST PRODUCE ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES. CLIENT DID NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS REQUESTED BY THE DUE DATE. AS A RESULT, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT CLIENT MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACT, NAMELY, THAT SHE/HE HAS PRODUCED ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA. APPLICATION REFUSED."

In the Activity section, the latest activity reads:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Cancelled

What does that mean? Is my application rejected completely or I can still provide some explanation for the situation? Best way forward?

This situation should have been explained in your LOE when you submitted the application. Visa refusals need to be mentioned for whatever reasons they may have happened. "We forgot" is not a valid reason for IRCC. Having said that, TRV visa refusal is not a big deal for PR application in general if you give them a reasonable exaplanation. I would say upload a LOE and explain the circumstances.
The "cancel" status could be trouble some. What is the status of your application on the very first page of GCMS notes? Is it shown "In Progress" or Cancelled?

2. In work experience section, I have mentioned my experience as 6 years for given NOC (4 years after Masters degree and 2 years prior). It seems, officer is counting only post-Masters experience and has noted: "PA has declared 6+ years of experience. Only confirmed 4-5 years." Is that an issue and needs any additional documentation that you can suggest?

CRS scores max out 3+ year experience. However 6 years experience has different points in FSW eligibility. So check the notes and see if you still had more than 67 points for FSW eligibility and also whether your calculated CRS score is greater than the CRS score for your ITA round. If your FSW eligibility score is more than 67 and your calculated CRS score is also greater than ITA round then there is no need to worry and you would be fine even if that experience is not counted. It would go in review required and senior visa officer would approve file if your scores are greater than ITA round.
If you want to be thorough, you can still reupload your experience letter and just say you saw that your experience before Masters wasn't evaluated and here is the proof for that employment.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Profile looks the same till the time COPR is issued. So, looking at profile has no use. There is no better solution than GCMS notes.
Thank you. I just got the below update for the webform raised. can you check and confirm if everything is OK and only FINAL Decision is pending and I should wait for the CoPR?

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The medicals have been received by the responsible office.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
  • The eligibility is valid."

Cricket4Ever

Nov 19, 2019
1. My wife had applied for tourist visa for Canada in early 2019 for H1B stamping and the visa got approved. But she had to go to India for an emergency, so she got H1B stamping done from India and could not send the passport to Canadian consulate for Canada Visa stamp. It seems, since it was not mentioned in our PR application, officer has put 'Review Required' status and 'Application Refused' in comments.
Some snippets: "RECOMMENDATION: Review Required SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDATION FOR PA AND SPOUSE: PASS CRIMINALITY. HOWEVER, SPOUSE WAS REFUSED A TRV IN 201. NOT DECLARED IN E-APR....

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: No trace other than present application SPOUSE/CL: POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: APPLICATION REFUSED: THE APPLICATION DID NOT PROVIDE THE REQUESTED ORIGINAL PASSPORT WITHIN GIVEN TIMEFRAME. SUBSECTION A16(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT STATES THAT A PERSON WHO MAKES AN APPLICATION MUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY TO ALL QUESTIONS PUT TO THEM FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE EXAMINATION AND MUST PRODUCE ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES. CLIENT DID NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS REQUESTED BY THE DUE DATE. AS A RESULT, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT CLIENT MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACT, NAMELY, THAT SHE/HE HAS PRODUCED ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS THAT THE OFFICER REASONABLY REQUIRES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA. APPLICATION REFUSED."

In the Activity section, the latest activity reads:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Cancelled

What does that mean? Is my application rejected completely or I can still provide some explanation for the situation? Best way forward?

This situation should have been explained in your LOE when you submitted the application. Visa refusals need to be mentioned for whatever reasons they may have happened. "We forgot" is not a valid reason for IRCC. Having said that, TRV visa refusal is not a big deal for PR application in general if you give them a reasonable exaplanation. I would say upload a LOE and explain the circumstances.
The "cancel" status could be trouble some. What is the status of your application on the very first page of GCMS notes? Is it shown "In Progress" or Cancelled?

2. In work experience section, I have mentioned my experience as 6 years for given NOC (4 years after Masters degree and 2 years prior). It seems, officer is counting only post-Masters experience and has noted: "PA has declared 6+ years of experience. Only confirmed 4-5 years." Is that an issue and needs any additional documentation that you can suggest?

CRS scores max out 3+ year experience. However 6 years experience has different points in FSW eligibility. So check the notes and see if you still had more than 67 points for FSW eligibility and also whether your calculated CRS score is greater than the CRS score for your ITA round. If your FSW eligibility score is more than 67 and your calculated CRS score is also greater than ITA round then there is no need to worry and you would be fine even if that experience is not counted. It would go in review required and senior visa officer would approve file if your scores are greater than ITA round.
If you want to be thorough, you can still reupload your experience letter and just say you saw that your experience before Masters wasn't evaluated and here is the proof for that employment.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Thanks for the prompt reply @cansha! The application status on very first page is "In Progress". Hopefully, there is still time to submit an LOE with clarification. Any specific format to follow or anything to keep in mind while submitting LOE?
With regards to work experience and FSW score, I am good.
Thanks again!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you. I just got the below update for the webform raised. can you check and confirm if everything is OK and only FINAL Decision is pending and I should wait for the CoPR?

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The medicals have been received by the responsible office.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
  • The eligibility is valid."
Looks good. But personally I don't trust Web form replies. If I have to go by this then yes everything looks good.