+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Areddy12

Oct 1, 2019
Aor: Mar 14
MEP: Apr 30.
FSW-Outland (USA). Never travelled or visited Canada.
Criminality is in process since my first call, June 02, 2019.
Eligibility and Security have not started.
Didn't receive biometric request yet. This is bothering me so much since the beginning.
Requested GCMS notes in July first week and haven't received yet. Raised web form request and received an email, but it doesn't really have any helpful information.
VO: Montreal

Can anyone @cansha please let me know if there's anything I can do?

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
@cansha

Hi there,

Can you please help brother to understand what stage I am at or when am I likely to get an update.

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Visa Office : Montreal
Criminality: In Progress
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
ADR : 12th September, 2019 (Additional marriage photos, chats and Spouse Biometrics request)
ADS : 18th September, 2019 (Spouse Biometrics & ADS as requested)

Silence after that.

Please share your expertise as I completed exact 8 months today.

I called CIC yesterday where agent said file looks good can see some notes on 24th September, 2019 but didnt tell me how what it was.

So I have ordered GCMS today to know better.

Please & Thank You.

Wish everyone gets PPR soon!

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Didn't receive biometric request yet. This is bothering me so much since the beginning.
Requested GCMS notes in July first week and haven't received yet. Raised web form request and received an email, but it doesn't really have any helpful information.

The only thing you can do is to request GCMS notes again. You can also email Ralph Goodale but he will only give you the status of the assessments not a detailed status of your application.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
@cansha

Hi there,

Can you please help brother to understand what stage I am at or when am I likely to get an update.

ADR : 12th September, 2019 (Additional marriage photos, chats and Spouse Biometrics request)

Silence after that.

I called CIC yesterday where agent said file looks good can see some notes on 24th September, 2019 but didnt tell me how what it was.

Please & Thank You.

I think that your PPR is on its way. The September 24 notes means that someone has recently looked at your file. This is a good sign!

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Ra1234cha5678

Star Member
May 14, 2019

Hello,

I am in the same spot of bother.// AOR: 18-March-2019, Biometrics done on 2-May-2019. Please email Ralph Goodale and you would get an idea. Mine was eligibility requires a review. However, GCMS order in the first week of july says - "eligibility not started". Don't seem to understqand what's happening.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hello,

I am in the same spot of bother.// AOR: 18-March-2019, Biometrics done on 2-May-2019. Please email Ralph Goodale and you would get an idea. Mine was eligibility requires a review. However, GCMS order in the first week of july says - "eligibility not started". Don't seem to understqand what's happening.
Were you able to know why there is review required on your eligibility ?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018

If you decide to email Ralph Goodale. Below is the template that people have been using to him. Email him during Canadian office hours. ( in the morning is better) His office will reply to you on the same day. Good luck!

Reposting the template for you...

Email Mr Goodale
goodale@sasktel.net

Sample below:

Dear Mr Goodale,

I am an Indian resident and have applied for Permanent Residency through express entry on the xxx of January 2019

My details are:-

Applicant Information

Name of applicant: Xxx
Email address: xxx
DOB of applicant: YYYY-MM-DD
Country of birth: India
Client ID number: xxxx
File number: Xxxxx
Mobile number: 0091-9xxxx
Type of application: Permanent Residence through Express Entry

Please if you could help check the status of my application covering my eligibility, criminality and security status along with the expiration of my medical and also the visa processing centre.

Appreciate your time and help.

Sincerely,

Jan 29, 2018
@cansha

Hi there,

Silence after that.

Please & Thank You.

Hi @Bunny Thapar, I am in same state as yours. AOR - 4th February CEC Inland, I have applied for work permit extension on July 12, so I believe the extension will be processed first before they process PR application.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Called Cic yesterday.
FSW-O (Applied from USA, but moved to Canada on Jun 16th on a work permit)

AOR: June 16th
MEP : July 19th
BIL Completed: Aug 9th

Eligibility: Not Started
Criminality: Passed

Is it a good time that I should order gcms?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Called Cic yesterday.

Yes you can order GCMS notes. Generally people advice to wait 60-90 days post AOR before ordering your first set.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
I think that your PPR is on its way. The September 24 notes means that someone has recently looked at your file. This is a good sign!
Thanks for the positive & motivating reply.

Hope it turns out to be true and I get PPR soon.

Completed 8 months today.

Wish PPR for everyone!

MwaitingforPPR

Sep 5, 2019
Called Cic yesterday.

Same stage as urs. HOw do you get a work permit? Is it requried to have an offer letter? And how long is the process?

MwaitingforPPR

Sep 5, 2019
Hey @cansha - I called CIC a week or two ago and found out that my application was getting processed in Montreal. My timeline is a part of my signature. When i called them, i was told that my eligibility was still in process/ not completed and Background check including Criminality has not started and would start only when Eligibility is complete.
Thats strange I called them yesterday and the agent said that my criminality has passed and eligibility and security not started yet. Mine is being processed at Montreal I came to know that yesterday. Montreal VO looks slow compared to other VOs.

MwaitingforPPR

Sep 5, 2019

Not everyone receives BIO requests so thats normal. Looks like Montreal VO is too slow.