+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Same stage as urs. HOw do you get a work permit? Is it requried to have an offer letter? And how long is the process?

I needed 50 points from the job offer, hence I pushed my employer to get a work permit with LMIA and I got transferred to Canada and I am currently in Canada in the Work permit. My employer didn't provide any case details for the Work permit, but it took them almost 4 months.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Aor: Mar 14
MEP: Apr 30.
FSW-Outland (USA). Never travelled or visited Canada.
Criminality is in process since my first call, June 02, 2019.
Eligibility and Security have not started.
Didn't receive biometric request yet. This is bothering me so much since the beginning.
Requested GCMS notes in July first week and haven't received yet. Raised web form request and received an email, but it doesn't really have any helpful information.
VO: Montreal

Can anyone @cansha please let me know if there's anything I can do?
There is nothing much to do. Montreal timelines are touching 8 months on an average so you are well within timelines.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha

Hi there,

Can you please help brother to understand what stage I am at or when am I likely to get an update.

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Visa Office : Montreal
Criminality: In Progress
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
ADR : 12th September, 2019 (Additional marriage photos, chats and Spouse Biometrics request)
ADS : 18th September, 2019 (Spouse Biometrics & ADS as requested)

Silence after that.

Please share your expertise as I completed exact 8 months today.

I called CIC yesterday where agent said file looks good can see some notes on 24th September, 2019 but didnt tell me how what it was.

So I have ordered GCMS today to know better.

Please & Thank You.

Wish everyone gets PPR soon!
I hope you hear something soon then. Montreal timelines seem to have touched 8 months on an average so based on that may be you hear something soon. If someone touched your application on 24th Sep that is also a good sign.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
I hope you hear something soon then. Montreal timelines seem to have touched 8 months on an average so based on that may be you hear something soon. If someone touched your application on 24th Sep that is also a good sign.
Thanks for the reply.

I hope so.

However I called CIC to confirm what were the notes all about on 24th September.

Agent was nice so explained me in detail saying that the officer has put review required.

So I was disheartened at the first but agent Danielle was too nice and explained me that review so not a red flag or any issue with the file it simply means thats the 1st officer has verified things but wants a second opinion from the senior officer has its an important decision to be taken.

So said the file looks in good standing but didnt gave any timeline.

Just a silly question @cansha if you can answer.

My file is under CEC category and GCMS notes says CEC met aa well as FSW met.

In case if the file doesnt suffice CEC eligibility’s do they then approve it under FSW.

Also if they are any concerns they do send a Procedural Fairness Letter right before just taking a decision.

I would appreciate your reply.

Please & Thank You.

Hope this week it rains PPR!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

I hope so.

However I called CIC to confirm what were the notes all about on 24th September.

Agent was nice so explained me in detail saying that the officer has put review required.

So I was disheartened at the first but agent Danielle was too nice and explained me that review so not a red flag or any issue with the file it simply means thats the 1st officer has verified things but wants a second opinion from the senior officer has its an important decision to be taken.

In case if the file doesnt suffice CEC eligibility’s do they then approve it under FSW.

Also if they are any concerns they do send a Procedural Fairness Letter right before just taking a decision.

Please & Thank You.

If it is review required order fresh notes as any previous notes ordered won't have the recent comments. Do it as soon as possible. You need to know details behind RR. Sometimes RR is for most silly reasons and nothing to worry but you need to know.

As far as I know if you applied under CEC and CEC conditions are not met they won't approve it under FSW.

There are a number of cases where they have not sent PFL. Just saw one the other day on Novor Oct thread. And hence always better to order notes.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
If it is review required order fresh notes as any previous notes ordered won't have the recent comments. Do it as soon as possible. You need to know details behind RR. Sometimes RR is for most silly reasons and nothing to worry but you need to know.

As far as I know if you applied under CEC and CEC conditions are not met they won't approve it under FSW.

There are a number of cases where they have not sent PFL. Just saw one the other day on Novor Oct thread. And hence always better to order notes.

Thanks for the reply.

I have applied for the fresh GCMS notes on 1st October, 2019.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: cansha

sark759

Sep 30, 2019
Hi everyone
I need your opinion and experience regarding my dilemma. I'm CEC inland and received AOR on May 20th. I called CIC this weeks and turns out that my VO is Montreal and Eligibility is review required.
My dilemma is regarding my passport expiry date which is in 6 months from now. The agent told me that i have to renew it, because once my application gets approved my passport has to be valid for at least 6 months.
Renewing passport for me would take a month, I'm worried that I send my passport for renewal and at the same time CIC asks for my passport. What could i do in such a case? also do I really need to send it for renewal now (it's valid until april 2020)?
Also I dont know why my Eligibility is review required, How long it takes to receive GCMS notes?
I appreciate your opinion.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone
I need your opinion and experience regarding my dilemma. I'm CEC inland and received AOR on May 20th. I called CIC this weeks and turns out that my VO is Montreal and Eligibility is review required.
My dilemma is regarding my passport expiry date which is in 6 months from now. The agent told me that i have to renew it, because once my application gets approved my passport has to be valid for at least 6 months.
Renewing passport for me would take a month, I'm worried that I send my passport for renewal and at the same time CIC asks for my passport. What could i do in such a case? also do I really need to send it for renewal now (it's valid until april 2020)?
Also I dont know why my Eligibility is review required, How long it takes to receive GCMS notes?
I appreciate your opinion.
Given your AOR chances of you getting PPR before Jan are very less. Unfortunately, Montreal takes about 8 months at a minimum these days to process files. You should get your passport renewed in the meanwhile. Even if lets say they issue you PPR while your passport is under renewal they will wait. GCMS notes take 30-35 days to arrive.

Reactions: annevn8 and sark759

HN92

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

I hope so.

Please & Thank You.

I am exactly in the same boat as you.

Agent told me last week that someone touched my file on Sep24th.

I am also CEC, AOR Jan 24th.

The agent was really nice. Told me that my eligibility has moved from Not Started to Review Required. When I asked what in particular is the issue or if there is a red flag, the agent said there is nothing that indicates whats the reason behind the RR.

I ordered the GCMS notes in July but never got em.

@cansha can you offer any insights on what I can do proactively, please?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

pramodsoori

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I thought biometrics is mandatory for all the outland applicants. Isn't that correct?
I was worried because I haven't received biometrics request even after 6 months.
Even , i have a similar issue, did not receive the BIL for the secondary applicant, AOR 24 Feb, Montreal VO.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am exactly in the same boat as you.

Agent told me last week that someone touched my file on Sep24th.

I am also CEC, AOR Jan 24th.

The agent was really nice. Told me that my eligibility has moved from Not Started to Review Required. When I asked what in particular is the issue or if there is a red flag, the agent said there is nothing that indicates whats the reason behind the RR.

I ordered the GCMS notes in July but never got em.

@cansha can you offer any insights on what I can do proactively, please?
You need to order another set of notes.

Reactions: HN92

sark759

Sep 30, 2019
Given your AOR chances of you getting PPR before Jan are very less. Unfortunately, Montreal takes about 8 months at a minimum these days to process files. You should get your passport renewed in the meanwhile. Even if lets say they issue you PPR while your passport is under renewal they will wait. GCMS notes take 30-35 days to arrive.
Thanks for your reply. does renewing my passport affect my application? should I let CIC know that I received a new passport?