+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello my lovely people,

Finally some movement on my file so thought to share an update.

I got 2 emails from CIC with msgs in my account.

1. It was to pay Biometrics fees for my spouse and they will then send the letter when she has to do Biometrics
2. Asking for more proof of marriage and filling IMM0008 form.

I have heard from them after 17th March so didnt wanted to take lot of time in replying to 2 above request.

They had given me 15 days to do the needful but I have already submitted the documents visa Case Specific Enquiry although they asked me to do via My CIC account but couldnt find the extra tab to upload the documents.

I hope these requests are a positive sign.

I called CIC to check whether I have passed the background check to which agent replied :

Criminality : Finally Passed on 11th September, 2019
Eligibility: Still in progress
Security : Not started
Visa office : Montreal
AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category: CEC Inland

I am assuming that these requests are a positive sign as they will only ask Biometrics of Spouse once they are done my background check but not sure.

Share your thoughts on this experts!

Hope we all get PPR soon before this month end.

God is great!

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
I ordered my GCMS on August 10, they were generated on August 26. I received them on September 9.

Eligibility: Not Started :mad:
Security: Not Started :mad:
Info Sharing: In progress :rolleyes:

AOR: 24 March
10 days left to 6 months.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Just curious.. Is Montreal touching any outland files? Don't see any update on Outland applicants from Montreal..

Hello , my AOR is Feb 17. Outland application from USA. My timeline below:

MEP and biometrics requests: April 5

Criminally passed: April 12 ( it happened the same day I submitted my biometrics)

First GCMS ordered in April 25 and received In May 4: R10 passed Review required for Statutory question( program assistant notes, R10 was passed on April 5)

Second GCM ordered in End of May and received in End of June: Nothing new on it except that File was transferred to Montreal on May 2.

3rd GCMS ordered on July 17 and received on August 19: Eligibility Started on July 18: A11:2: appear Met, R75: Appear met, Review Required for Stat questions. Ready to Finalize RPRF Complete ( Notes from Case Analyst)

Fourth GCMS notes ordered on August 22 and received on September 10: nothing new except my local address updated.

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Just curious.. Is Montreal touching any outland files? Don't see any update on Outland applicants from Montreal..
Looks like all federal employees are either busy in upcoming elections or on annual leave. Hope they are back from Canadian Thanks Giving Vacation. Whatever is it.. WINTER IS COMING.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I ordered my GCMS on August 10, they were generated on August 26. I received them on September 9.

Eligibility: Not Started :mad:
Security: Not Started :mad:
Info Sharing: In progress :rolleyes:

AOR: 24 March
10 days left to 6 months.
Montreal used to take 6 months when Ottawa was processing applications in 2/3 months. Now 6 months timeline has no meaning in Montreal anymore. The processing times have crept to 8/9 months at a minimum.

Ruqs

May 29, 2019
Hello , my AOR is Feb 17. Outland application from USA. My timeline below:

MEP and biometrics requests: April 5

Criminally passed: April 12 ( it happened the same day I submitted my biometrics)

First GCMS ordered in April 25 and received In May 4: R10 passed Review required for Statutory question( program assistant notes, R10 was passed on April 5)

Second GCM ordered in End of May and received in End of June: Nothing new on it except that File was transferred to Montreal on May 2.

3rd GCMS ordered on July 17 and received on August 19: Eligibility Started on July 18: A11:2: appear Met, R75: Appear met, Review Required for Stat questions. Ready to Finalize RPRF Complete ( Notes from Case Analyst)

Fourth GCMS notes ordered on August 22 and received on September 10: nothing new except my local address updated.
Hi @Holyange. For the part that reads review required for stat questions, have you been prompted to submit any additional documentation? I have same from my GCMS note and I an worried if there's something else I should submit but havent submitted yet - maybe schedule A form. Did you submit that at any point in your own application?

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Anyone facing issues with Webform / GCMS notes?
No response to our webforms so far, and the GCMS notes ordered twice are not delivered as well.. Badly wanted to know the application status and no luck.. Not sure if this has something to do with Montreal VO specific applicants..

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi @Holyange. For the part that reads review required for stat questions, have you been prompted to submit any additional documentation? I have same from my GCMS note and I an worried if there's something else I should submit but havent submitted yet - maybe schedule A form. Did you submit that at any point in your own application?
Hello, no they did not ask me to submit any additional form. I did not submit any schedule A form.

Reactions: Ruqs

arora_sandy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Anyone facing issues with Webform / GCMS notes?
No response to our webforms so far, and the GCMS notes ordered twice are not delivered as well.. Badly wanted to know the application status and no luck.. Not sure if this has something to do with Montreal VO specific applicants..
Yes ordered GCMS notes twice ie 12th July and 22nd August. Haven’t received any. AOR 1Feb