+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I just received my 2nd GCMS notes which I had applied on 17 Dec and they were generated on 18 Dec (So 2 days early!!).

Anyways, the notes almost same as my first set. Even in the second set Criminality and Security had not started. But, there is one change.

See the screenshots below. In my first notes, in Application Assignment the application was assigned to RC-2710 which is basically the code for Montreal VO. The due date was 06 Sep which of course was not followed. In the second set of notes, I think some VO officer picked the file and assigned it to himself. I guess this was done on 28 Nov based on the due date. He did miss his deadline but luckily for me not more than 10 days.

So folks from June / July who have their recent set of notes check whether your assignment still shows some VO code or an agent code.

There is one more interesting detail. The page where analyst has comments and set my eligibility as recommend passed has S.16(1)(c) on top right of the page. So, I guess mere presence of this thing doesn't indicate SS.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey folks ! Montreal issued a PPR today for AOR July 1st. I communicated with this person 2 months ago on immitracker and was watching his case and today he has updated it. 198 days post his AOR, family of 4, from US. Back then he had told me his VO was montreal. After meds he had no update, on ordering the notes he noticed it was eligibility review required and never heard anything from CIC, until PPR today.
I think the average days are some where between 180 to 200 days for montreal cases. Anyone on whatsapp reporting PPRs?
i got 24 days more left on the clock to hit 6 month mark, no update at all.
Good to know that they are working on some files. It has been dry for people on the forum here and no reports of PPR from WA group yet. Good to know someone did get PPR from Montreal.

Reactions: Axwell

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hey folks ! Montreal issued a PPR today for AOR July 1st. I communicated with this person 2 months ago on immitracker and was watching his case and today he has updated it. 198 days post his AOR, family of 4, from US. Back then he had told me his VO was montreal. After meds he had no update, on ordering the notes he noticed it was eligibility review required and never heard anything from CIC, until PPR today.
I think the average days are some where between 180 to 200 days for montreal cases. Anyone on whatsapp reporting PPRs?
i got 24 days more left on the clock to hit 6 month mark, no update at all.
is it the same guy with sister DNA rr?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Another set of notes arrived and it is still RC-2710 , so no one had picked it up as of December 18. If that is true, then likelyhood of anything this month is slim. Your research is amazing

Hi Everyone,

I just received my 2nd GCMS notes which I had applied on 17 Dec and they were generated on 18 Dec (So 2 days early!!).

Anyways, the notes almost same as my first set. Even in the second set Criminality and Security had not started. But, there is one change.

See the screenshots below. In my first notes, in Application Assignment the application was assigned to RC-2710 which is basically the code for Montreal VO. The due date was 06 Sep which of course was not followed. In the second set of notes, I think some VO officer picked the file and assigned it to himself. I guess this was done on 28 Nov based on the due date. He did miss his deadline but luckily for me not more than 10 days.

So folks from June / July who have their recent set of notes check whether your assignment still shows some VO code or an agent code.

There is one more interesting detail. The page where analyst has comments and set my eligibility as recommend passed has S.16(1)(c) on top right of the page. So, I guess mere presence of this thing doesn't indicate SS.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Another set of notes arrived and it is still RC-2710 , so no one had picked it up as of December 18. If that is true, then likelyhood of anything this month is slim. Your research is amazing
Yeah as per the trends at that time I actually expected them to work on my file in that week and seems like someone did assign the file but didn’t work for over a month. Luckily they did get to it in the end.

Montreal has been quiet or rather hone back to its old ways. I was hoping they continue their Friday performance but they didn’t.

Reactions: maverick1982

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you. Do you think it may not be case for others? When it is assigned they may do it quickly for others without waiting for a month or more. I asked folks on what's app group who got PPR to check last set of notes

Yeah as per the trends at that time I actually expected them to work on my file in that week and seems like someone did assign the file but didn’t work for over a month. Luckily they did get to it in the end.

Montreal has been quiet or rather hone back to its old ways. I was hoping they continue their Friday performance but they didn’t.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
:mad::(

I have ordered mine on Jan 2nd. Will update it here when I receive it.
Yea that is the problem with notes, have to wait a month or more. Would have been good if agents could tell us this. That our file is picked up and they should look on so and so date

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
It probably is, he had 4 applicants . The PPR wasn't issued today, it was issued yesterday. So no new PPR if that's the case
It is not the same person. The DNA case

I guess that Friday performance was too good to be a standard for Montreal. Whatever got into them that friday may just be once a year. Lets see how today and tomorrow goes.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you. Do you think it may not be case for others? When it is assigned they may do it quickly for others without waiting for a month or more. I asked folks on what's app group who got PPR to check last set of notes
I think for many people the time from file picked by Visa officer to PPR is less than a week.

In my case the first assignment to Montreal code is done by the same person who did my eligibility. My guess is some analyst picks the file from system does eligibility and assigns the file back to the queue. And then someone picks it again and finishes it.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I think for many people the time from file picked by Visa officer to PPR is less than a week.

In my case the first assignment to Montreal code is done by the same person who did my eligibility. My guess is some analyst picks the file from system does eligibility and assigns the file back to the queue. And then someone picks it again and finishes it.
That makes sense.

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
Hey people, got a weird thing going on here and might be afraid that it's not a good sign. I have ordered GCMS notes on the 20th of November and I still have not received them. I have decided to order notes again on the 22nd of December and hopefully either the first one will come or the second. Does anyone else expect a delay like this? Also, something to note, called CIC and they told me not to push for them as it delays the process of my PR. It was a really nice lady on the other line and said that everything seemed to be in order. Last note, I am review required T_T

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have decided to order notes again on the 22nd of December and hopefully either the first one will come or the second. Does anyone else expect a delay like this?
I have ordered twice and both time got them within timelines. But there are are many who have experienced delays. Depends on what service you are using. I used getgcms.

called CIC and they told me not to push for them as it delays the process of my PR.
That's BS.

Reactions: HFL2018