+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
AOR - 30 Aug
MEP/IP1 - 25 Sep

My application is in Montreal Office. I got my GCMS notes and as per that all eligibility, background and criminality checks are yet to be started. I called the call center today and they told that the status is still same. Is this issue specific to me or its something common for applications in Montreal?
I am in the same boat, August 25 AOR. I don't know about the latest status of my application but I had called CIC on 20th or 21st December and came to know that nothing was started for me. Then I got my GCMS notes in the first week of Jan which reflected the same thing(notes were generated in the first week of December though).

@cansha Congrats on your PPR! I have one question, my file was transferred to Montreal on 19 th October, almost 2 months after the AOR. I just read here that people got their file transferred to Montreal in a month or so. Do you know if this would mean my application might be further delayed?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am in the same boat, August 25 AOR. I don't know about the latest status of my application but I had called CIC on 20th or 21st December and came to know that nothing was started for me. Then I got my GCMS notes in the first week of Jan which reflected the same thing(notes were generated in the first week of December though).

@cansha Congrats on your PPR! I have one question, my file was transferred to Montreal on 19 th October, almost 2 months after the AOR. I just read here that people got their file transferred to Montreal in a month or so. Do you know if this would mean my application might be further delayed?
We don't know that yet. We were trying to see if that impacts the application. My guess it does have some impact in case of Montreal but how much impact that is difficult to say. Atleast that is my unproven theory.

In Montreal the lucky ones get PPR around 5.5 month mark. But, in general 6ish month is more realistic. So, for Aug 25 I think you may have to wait till Feb last week.

Yours is a second case reported from Aug where Montreal has not done eligibility test after almost 2/3 months after file transfer. There were 2-3 cases from April who had similar cases and their PPR came in 7+ month.

Reactions: tobs

naten

Feb 20, 2018
From what he has written seems like his eligibility has not been touched yet. Given his AOR that is possible if his case was transferred to Montreal a bit late.
Mine was similar as nothing started. I think it is a trend here in Montreal.

bus2canada

Jun 30, 2018
Montreal is in general slow but I would have expected your eligibility to be done by now. What was the date of your R10 check and date when file transferred to Montreal as per GCMS notes?
Thanks for the reply, following are my info.

Date of R10 Sep 24.

Transfer to montreal on Oct 25 due to workload re-distribution.

Application Assignment Due Date - Nov 24

I am using mobile and not able to attach screenshots.

Reactions: cansha

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
We don't know that yet. We were trying to see if that impacts the application. My guess it does have some impact in case of Montreal but how much impact that is difficult to say. Atleast that is my unproven theory.

In Montreal the lucky ones get PPR around 5.5 month mark. But, in general 6ish month is more realistic. So, for Aug 25 I think you may have to wait till Feb last week.

Yours is a second case reported from Aug where Montreal has not done eligibility test after almost 2/3 months after file transfer. There were 2-3 cases from April who had similar cases and their PPR came in 7+ month.
I see, interesting. Yeah I am planning to call them next week, hoping something might have moved about my file. Thanks for the reply!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018

Just a guess,I think they do eligibility in 2 -3 months. I think you should definitely call on Jan 19th.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply, following are my info.

Date of R10 Sep 24.

Transfer to montreal on Oct 25 due to workload re-distribution.

Application Assignment Due Date - Nov 24

I am using mobile and not able to attach screenshots.
You should surely reach out to them on Jan 24. I feel they do eligibility after 3 months, for some it's less than that. Maybe the current trend has changed but won't hurt to call twice if you want .

Reactions: bustocanada

bustocanada

Nov 12, 2018
Thanks @cansha and @maverick1982

I am requesting GCMS notes regularly (already requested 3 times) in a gap of 2 weeks to get latest updates. I have few queries, would be great if you can provide your inputs:

1 - Does call center agents also check the GCMS notes? or they have any other source of information.
2 - The 'date generated' on my notes is around the time when I requested them. Does it mean that I am getting around 25-30 days old information in the GCMS notes?
3 - When I applied for the PR Education degrees were not evaluated by WES and I didn't got the points for that too. But I recently got her degree evaluation from WES. If I send the evaluated degree to CIC now, will it speedup(will make them to look into my application) the process or cause delay (due to re-check)?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018

I am requesting GCMS notes regularly (already requested 3 times) in a gap of 2 weeks to get latest updates. I have few queries, would be great if you can provide your inputs:
1 - Does call center agents also check the GCMS notes? or they have any other source of information.
2 - The 'date generated' on my notes is around the time when I requested them. Does it mean that I am getting around 25-30 days old information in the GCMS notes?
3 - When I applied for the PR Education degrees were not evaluated by WES and I didn't got the points for that too. But I recently got her degree evaluation from WES. If I send the evaluated degree to CIC now, will it speedup(will make them to look into my application) the process or cause delay (due to re-check)?
I am not sure if it will make any changes now. You were assigned points at Aor and I think they stick with that unless you do a new application or ask for adjustment. You could raise a ticket? I wouldn't send it now if you already qualified. Added oints is not going to speed up process .
Yes the information is old and reflects the status at the time of generation. That is why calling agents may give more accurate info.
It is a unified system where multiple agencies can query and see it I think. When I called an agent they could know I had called before and it also goes in their notes system

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

3 times in 2 weeks or months ?? Both are unreasonable by the way.

1. Same system but my guess is the level of information they can see is limited. From my guess they can see the summary status that we see on our GCMS page 2 and they can see the inbound and outbound communication. They most probably can’t see detailed analysts notes that we see in last few pages of our notes.

2. Yes

3. Absolutely no impact and better not to do so.

For now wait for notes and your eligibility status.

bustocanada

Nov 12, 2018
3 times in 2 weeks or months ?? Both are unreasonable by the way.

1. Same system but my guess is the level of information they can see is limited. From my guess they can see the summary status that we see on our GCMS page 2 and they can see the inbound and outbound communication. They most probably can’t see detailed analysts notes that we see in last few pages of our notes.

2. Yes

3. Absolutely no impact and better not to do so.

For now wait for notes and your eligibility status.
Thanks !

I requested Notes on Nov 14, Dec 18 and Jan 8. Next I am planning to request on Jan 24.

I was not aware that agents provide same/similar level of information, so I thought of requesting them regularly (gap of 2/3 weeks) so I get updates more frequently. I hope, my multiple requests for the GCMS notes and calls to agents won't piss them off :p

bustocanada

Nov 12, 2018
I am not sure if it will make any changes now. You were assigned points at Aor and I think they stick with that unless you do a new application or ask for adjustment. You could raise a ticket? I wouldn't send it now if you already qualified. Added oints is not going to speed up process .
Yes the information is old and reflects the status at the time of generation. That is why calling agents may give more accurate info.
It is a unified system where multiple agencies can query and see it I think. When I called an agent they could know I had called before and it also goes in their notes system
ok, then every time I talk to them it gets noted somewhere. Till today, I called them 2 times and won't call them again until I get notes. I am not expecting much from the notes because I got the update from agent yesterday. Will call them on 25th to see if they provide any update.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks !

I requested Notes on Nov 14, Dec 18 and Jan 8. Next I am planning to request on Jan 24.

I was not aware that agents provide same/similar level of information, so I thought of requesting them regularly (gap of 2/3 weeks) so I get updates more frequently. I hope, my multiple requests for the GCMS notes and calls to agents won't piss them off :p
Some agents will sure tell you that reason for delay in your application is ordering frequent GCMS notes. While that is BS I would say ordering every month is not ideal either.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hey folks ! Montreal issued a PPR today for AOR July 1st. I communicated with this person 2 months ago on immitracker and was watching his case and today he has updated it. 198 days post his AOR, family of 4, from US. Back then he had told me his VO was montreal. After meds he had no update, on ordering the notes he noticed it was eligibility review required and never heard anything from CIC, until PPR today.
I think the average days are some where between 180 to 200 days for montreal cases. Anyone on whatsapp reporting PPRs?
i got 24 days more left on the clock to hit 6 month mark, no update at all.

Reactions: Adeife23 and cansha