+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
The same thought comes to my mind as well. My opinion is that inland applicants have already gone through most if not all the required screenings as a student or worker, why waste their time? It really doesn’t make much sense to me but what can one do than to pray and trust God for speedy response.
Then expecting IRCC to have logical approach seems too much of an ask.

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Its similar case like that of @Rijo02. He was later sent an ADR for marriage proof if I'm not wrong. Find his old posts you will see. But even with that he received PPR / Interview in 7th month. You have crossed that timeline so hopefully your case may get approved soon.
Yeah, I know his case. I will even be happy if they had asked me for additional documents then I know at least someone is looking at my file but this silence is really annoying. I hope something good comes up before my notes arrive to see what they are up to.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
The same thought comes to my mind as well. My opinion is that inland applicants have already gone through most if not all the required screenings as a student or worker, why waste their time? It really doesn’t make much sense to me but what can one do than to pray and trust God for speedy response.
My thought about Inland files being processed last or taking longer is because you all are already in Canada doing one thing or the other and they would want to process those who are not yet in Canada.
Again, this is just a speculation. Nobody really knows for sure the rationale behins some of the things they do

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah, I know his case. I will even be happy if they had asked me for additional documents then I know at least someone is looking at my file but this silence is really annoying. I hope something good comes up before my notes arrive to see what they are up to.
Have there been any ghost updates on your account?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My thought about Inland files being processed last or taking longer is because you all are already in Canada doing one thing or the other and they would want to process those who are not yet in Canada.
Again, this is just a speculation. Nobody really knows for sure the rationale behins some of the things they do
Or may be all inland candidates are getting queued up for one really hard working officer. May be if all inland candidates saw their GCMS notes to see what queue they have been assigned.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Maybe you need to be proactive , dont wait. Just attach the previous work permit refusal letter of your wife with the second approval letter and send to them via webform. At least that will draw their notice and add it to your file and trigger some movement? Just a thought

Reactions: cansha

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Maybe you need to be proactive , dont wait. Just attach the previous work permit refusal letter of your wife with the second approval letter and send to them via webform. At least that will draw their notice and add it to your file and trigger some movement? Just a thought
I have already raised a web form and attached the refusal letter, acceptance letter and letter of explanation immediately I clocked the 6 months timeline to see if that will get their attention.
I also raised another web form towards the end of November when I realized some inland candidates were sent landing interviews instead of passports request email. I also read about the pilot project where inland applicants are given an appointment for an interview
at a local visa office. I told them if this is the reason my application is still being delayed maybe they are unable to get an interview date at my local visa office, I am more than willing
to land at the border to expedite my application.
I also went to see my local MP to call them on my behalf maybe they can respect the office and approve my application but the response I got from the MPs office is that they’re still working on it and they need some more time.
I have tried all what I think I can do. At this point, I’ve surrendered all to Jesus!

Reactions: cansha and annevn8

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
I have already raised a web form and attached the refusal letter, acceptance letter and letter of explanation immediately I clocked the 6 months timeline to see if that will get their attention.
I also raised another web form towards the end of November when I realized some inland candidates were sent landing interviews instead of passports request email. I also read about the pilot project where inland applicants are given an appointment for an interview
at a local visa office. I told them if this is the reason my application is still being delayed maybe they are unable to get an interview date at my local visa office, I am more than willing
I also went to see my local MP to call them on my behalf maybe they can respect the office and approve my application but the response I got from the MPs office is that they’re still working on it and they need some more time.
I have tried all what I think I can do. At this point, I’ve surrendered all to Jesus!
I am sorry ... so it is just us unlucky and they are too busy to find a time to touch our files.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
I am a bit luckier to know my Eligibility was passed. It was review required for no specific reason. When it clocked month 7th I raised a CSE and updated my new address and somehow when they added it to my file, they passed my Eligibility and initiate security check.
All I can tell from this whole long waiting is that they dont have a time to touch it !!

Reactions: sirjoe and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Montreal guys get a D but you get an A+ for effort buddy. You have indeed done whatever possible. But sadly IRCC doesn't have any mechanism to put files beyond "normal processing time" on a priority list and that is the biggest shortcoming of the whole process. And hence I have encouraged everyone to use the feedback option on the website and share this feedback.

Reactions: sirjoe and annevn8

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Montreal guys get a D but you get an A+ for effort buddy. You have indeed done whatever possible. But sadly IRCC doesn't have any mechanism to put files beyond "normal processing time" on a priority list and that is the biggest shortcoming of the whole process. And hence I have encouraged everyone to use the feedback option on the website and share this feedback.
Cansha, so your file is still Recommended pass since August? No ghost ?