+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Did you move across countries? If you didn't then there's no need to update. The major reason why you need to update your address if you moved countries is because of paspsort submission.
Thank you for your reply. Makes sense, I didn't move to another country just to a another state.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
What do you think about Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec AORs in Montreal. Did they stop sending applicants to Montreal or these folks have not found us yet. Either on Canadavisa or whatsapp.

I hear that Montreal would soon start attending to their own Quebec EE. Should we get worried that their slow pace would become slower this year?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
What do you think about Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec AORs in Montreal. Did they stop sending applicants to Montreal or these folks have not found us yet. Either on Canadavisa or whatsapp.

I hear that Montreal would soon start attending to their own Quebec EE. Should we get worried that their slow pace would become slower this year?
I think those guys are right now in wait and watch mode. And plus in all new threads started by legalfalcon; he has been posting finding VO is useless and was relevant only in paper application days. He is a respected member on the forum and hence may be newer folks are influenced by him. BUT of course everyone here who knows Montreal VO would respectfully disagree with legalfalcon on that.

Plus till August I used to go to each thread once a week and kind of "recruit" or "educate" people about Montreal VO. I have not done that for Sep onwards so not sure if those guys even know this.

But I think rather than less more files would be moving to smaller VOs now. I see many more people from smaller VOs on forum these days.

Now coming to your last point, I think, all that is speculation and yes since we are waiting we will always fear / assume the worst. But, I don't think Queubec EE makes any more of a difference in 2019 than it did in 2018. So it should not have any "additional" delay.

Unfortunately, IRCC inner workings are a big black box so we don't know why the delay is happening. But, it seems like delay is "deliberate" since June and it has manifested in full force from Sep AOR onward. The data for Sep AOR is beyond terrible. Let's wait and watch how Janurary progresses. I can tell you this very soon we will see more of petitions.

Reactions: Adeife23 and tobs

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
I think those guys are right now in wait and watch mode. And plus in all new threads started by legalfalcon; he has been posting finding VO is useless and was relevant only in paper application days. He is a respected member on the forum and hence may be newer folks are influenced by him. BUT of course everyone here who knows Montreal VO would respectfully disagree with legalfalcon on that.

Plus till August I used to go to each thread once a week and kind of "recruit" or "educate" people about Montreal VO. I have not done that for Sep onwards so not sure if those guys even know this.

But I think rather than less more files would be moving to smaller VOs now. I see many more people from smaller VOs on forum these days.

Now coming to your last point, I think, all that is speculation and yes since we are waiting we will always fear / assume the worst. But, I don't think Queubec EE makes any more of a difference in 2019 than it did in 2018. So it should not have any "additional" delay.

Unfortunately, IRCC inner workings are a big black box so we don't know why the delay is happening. But, it seems like delay is "deliberate" since June and it has manifested in full force from Sep AOR onward. The data for Sep AOR is beyond terrible. Let's wait and watch how Janurary progresses. I can tell you this very soon we will see more of petitions.
Hmmn Interesting! Thank you Cansha. I see why many people may not be interested in finding out VOs. If only they knew that it may be easier to deal with the tension by knowing that you are not going through the long wait alone. With our "small sample size" we have enough evidence that Montreal is a black hole.

I also thought that IRCC may have bitten more than they can chew in the year that has just ended. I think 2017 saw more influx of PPR mails in December.

I still would never understand how they keep on with the 3900 biweekly draws with the huge backlog that they have

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hmmn Interesting! Thank you Cansha. I see why many people may not be interested in finding out VOs. If only they knew that it may be easier to deal with the tension by knowing that you are not going through the long wait alone. With our "small sample size" we have enough evidence that Montreal is a black hole.

I also thought that IRCC may have bitten more than they can chew in the year that has just ended. I think 2017 saw more influx of PPR mails in December.

I still would never understand how they keep on with the 3900 biweekly draws with the huge backlog that they have
Btw! Well done for recruiting from other forums in the past.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

They will eventually get anxious and try to figure out their VOs. I think you are right on IRCC. They may have resource issues but they have not admitted as such yet.

Reactions: Adeife23

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Looking at this list again, these thoughts came to mind.
- @annevn8 is hitting 9months @sirjoe and @mm062 are hitting 8months.
What is the situation with your files. Any updates? Ghost updates? Gcms? It's worrisome for me, how much more you guys. Like how do you not clear all of April and may then jump to june and very soon may move to July.....Sigh
Hello Adeife, I’m expecting my second set of GCMS notes on the 10th of this month. I pray to receive the golden mail even before then.

Reactions: Adeife23 and cansha

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
HI Sirjoe, what is your status now? Ip2?
Hi annevn8, I am in Ip2. My background status says: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. From last communications with IRCC, Eligibility is still under review, medical passed, criminality verifications are in process and security verifications have not been initiated.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Hi annevn8, I am in Ip2. My background status says: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. From last communications with IRCC, Eligibility is still under review, medical passed, criminality verifications are in process and security verifications have not been initiated.
I guess all passed for you now and only security check is ongoing.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
A
I guess all passed for you now and only security check is ongoing.
Also criminality is also passed very early at CIO together with the R10 check. That is what I saw on my note. What is the reason for eligibility review required do you know?