+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

vladmirgc

Apr 10, 2014
Can anyone explain to me something?
What is the point of inland applicants to even apply for QSW, instead of just leaving the province and applying for EE directly?
Sounds a bit dumb to me.

Considering the QSW, you have a two step process, for which the federal process itself currently has 13 month waiting time.
On the other hand you have EE, a single process step with a current process time of 6 months.

QSW sounds like a waste of time and money, in my opinion.

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another portion of information for people who want to do the flagpole.
I didn't find everything I was searching for that's why I'm adding my story (my family, 2 adults, 2 minors).

We took Champlain / Lacolle border. We decided to go there in the morning.
I like to be prepared so I did couple of things before we went there:
1. I filled all the documents for the WP (work permit package/checklist from the CIC website)
2. I paid the fees using this website https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

DON'T do it !!!

1. The person who was helping us just threw away all of them and said that I should submit them online rather coming here... no comment
2. They only take payments on site. You can pay by credit card, debit card or cash. There was no way to convince them to accept my online receipt. Now I need to wait 6 weeks for the refund.

Take with you:
1. Copy of your CSQ
2. Offer of employment - letter from the employee and the offer number from the employer portal
3. Passports

Everything should take around 30 min. In our case it took additional 30 min as there was a mistake in our daughter old WP.

I general it was OK, some things might be smoother but it's definitely the best way to renew your WP.

PS: US border officers are familiar with the procedure and are very helpful. It took 2-3 min to receive a white paper with the confirmation that we were rejected to enter US. It will not reflect on the future entry to the US as I asked.

tag: flagpole, flag point

stealth1947

Sep 4, 2016
I finally got my list of requiring documents.

I have problems with this one:
STATUT DE RÉSIDENT DANS UN PAYS AUTRE QUE LE PAYS DE CITOYENNETÉ
11. Permis ou titres de séjour d'une durée cumulative de validité d'au moins un an, délivrés par les autorités du pays ou territoire où vous résidiez lors de la présentation de votre demande.

I thought you dont need 1 full year, and when you have job valid you can apply at anytime? I submitted my application after 7 months of working here.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Congrats stealth1947

Can you please let us know your timelines...

Not sure i can help you with point you have highlighted.

Thanks in advance.

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The AOR processing speed is still very very slow. only one or two people in one week, like the LOTO :-\

WAITING...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
SAMUEL PK said:
dear friends

thank you very much to all your responses

Csq received = August 2016
Federal applied = September 2016

received in Nova Sco = 19th of September 2016

Aor received on = Jan 14 th 2017
@POLYNING - You should get AOR before end of next week.

genconian13

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
POLYNING said:
THEN, SEVERAL MONTHS FOR medical..... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I wonder wat they do for 13 months to process a file which quebec already approved and gave CSQ...weird

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
@ APPNOV2014NY

i received document check list this jan-2017, i was cap exempt applicant . i was in Montreal when i made my application , however i moved to my home county in dec-2016 . since now i receive document check list , please advise how to proceed.

thank you

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
hello friends,

in dec -2017 i had received a mail from MIDI that our applications will be processed in spring-2017, but in jan 2017 it self i got document check list , is there any people with same situation?

stealth1947

Sep 4, 2016
Shappa -> Im in the exactly same situation. I sent my application in September when I was working, but in November I got fired and move back to my country. Yesterday I got my checklist and I'll be sending documents from my country (as far I know you can send documents from any place on the planet, you dont have to be in Canada).

I also get that email "applications will be processed in spring-2017". But I guess it was generic one sent to evrybody even for Cap-exempt.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
shappa said:
hello friends,

in dec -2017 i had received a mail from MIDI that our applications will be processed in spring-2017, but in jan 2017 it self i got document check list , is there any people with same situation?
I am Citizen of India. I submitted my application while I was in Canada and received my checklist when I was in USA. I submitted documents from USA and received CSQ. Go ahead and submit documents asap. Make sure that you inform MIDI about new address. My CSQ got delayed due to address issues. Send them documents as per checklist and do mention in cover letter about new address. Send another mail a week later with a cover letter about new address. Also change address in MON project website.

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
I am Citizen of India. I submitted my application while I was in Canada and received my checklist when I was in USA. I submitted documents from USA and received CSQ. Go ahead and submit documents asap. Make sure that you inform MIDI about new address. My CSQ got delayed due to address issues. Send them documents as per checklist and do mention in cover letter about new address. Send another mail a week later with a cover letter about new address. Also change address in MON project website.
APPNOV2014NY

can you please send me the draft letter what you have sent for adress change to my mail sha_0098@yahoo.com, if you have it. it would be a great help thanks

Husam

Oct 7, 2015
shappa said:
hello friends,

Hello, could you please share when did you submit your application for CSQ?
Thank yoiu