+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I was short on points and they are asking me send something to increase my points, they gave me jan 2017 as the deadline, i'm wondering if I can ask for more time and how can I do that?

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
Hi

I was short on points and they are asking me send something to increase my points, they gave me jan 2017 as the deadline, i'm wondering if I can ask for more time and how can I do that?
do you have english test scores?

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got 6 points for English, I'll probably study french, can I extend this deadline?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
contextaa said:
I got 6 points for English, I'll probably study french, can I extend this deadline?
I read somewhere in this forum that people were given "Intent to reject" due to insufficient points and were given 12 months to take French exam to improve score. I tried to search relevant posts but could not find anything. You might need to dig a little to find such posts/people.

If I was in your situation then this is what I would have done:
a) Call MIDI Customer Care and ask them how to get deadline extended ( Most probably MIDI Agent will say................ Send us a request via mail)
b) Enroll in a 6 months French course and register for mid-2017 TEFAQ exam. Prepare a cover letter mentioning that you are working on your French and it will take you 7-8 months to submit TEFAQ result. Attach proof of French enrollment course and TEFAQ registration.

Most likely MIDI will accept your request.

Another idea: If you are single then start looking for Computer Science graduate female with some IT experience and willing to marry you at short notice. This would be easier than learning French :)

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Well I know a college that will give you a six months course and the certificate alone will be enough for you to aplly for csq. You won't have to take the generalized French exam.

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wfsoomro said:
Well I know a college that will give you a six months course and the certificate alone will be enough for you to aplly for csq. You won't have to take the generalized French exam.
College certificate is usually expensive, I guess I'll just mail a letter asking me to give time till Aug 2017 so that I can take the exam some time in June.

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
maybe you can show us your points for diffferent parts. Maybe there is other area that can increase your total points, except French.

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLYNING said:
maybe you can show us your points for diffferent parts. Maybe there is other area that can increase your total points, except French.
Unfortunately, there isn't. it's either french or getting married for those three points haha

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
POLYNING said:
Using the method below, you can link the PR application to your account. And you can find the PR application in about 7 days after submission. now I can see that my application is opened.

1. have a GCKey account.
- après avoir spécifier le type de demande (résidence permanente, programme travailleurs qualifiés...) pour le détail de la demande, sélectionner par Nom de famille, prénom et date naissance (et non par n° IUC n° dossier...)
(after specify the type of application (permanent residence, skilled worker program ...) for details of the application, select a family name, first name and birth date (not No. No. IUC file ...)

- indiquer nom + prénomS (comme indiqués dans le CSQ) du requérant principal, sans virgules entre les prénoms et tout en majuscules
(Name-capital )

- ne pas remplir pays et ville de naissance
(do not fill country and city of birth)

- compléter date de naissance
(complete date of birth)

- remplir données passeport (n°, pays + date délivrance et expiration)
(Complete passport information (number, country + date issuance and expiration))

- remplir région et ville souhaitée (reprendre ce qui a été indiqué dans la DCSQ)
(fill region and desired city (take back what has been stated in the DCSQ))

- sélectionner situation
(marry status)

- mettre 1 pour nombre de membres de la famille (même si 2 ou +)
(put 1 to number of family members (even if 2 or more))
Thanks a bunch.....It worked....It says My application is Open now.

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
wfsoomro said:
Hello guys finally got my my csq today. Applied march 1st. Docs delivered 8th August. Received today on Oct 11.
Congrats....

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
Unfortunately, there isn't. it's either french or getting married for those three points haha
there are some french courses in montreal. if you pass those classes, the french exam is not necessary. but it generally needs 6 months from 0 to B2, and 2 or 3 months form B1 to B2, if you have a full-time study.. this speed is the fast one I know.

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
College certificate is usually expensive, I guess I'll just mail a letter asking me to give time till Aug 2017 so that I can take the exam some time in June.
one of my friends also has 3 months to increase the points (from 48 to more than 49). But his situation is different because his master degree was only given 10 points. He wrote a letter to explain this problem last week. still waiting the response....

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
someone told me that there will be a new Quebec immigration plan in recent days or months ......the name is "I choose Montreal", this plan is for the students here.

Montreal27

May 4, 2016
Good evening everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good; I have few questions and hope someone can help me.

Did you have problems with Xpresspost ? I sent my papers by courier ( Xpresspost) and it looks like they lost my papers? How long did it take for your papers to show in the system as received from the date they were delivered?

I am freaking out now and can not get a concert answer from CanadaPost (Xpresspost)- if they were delivered or not . If I check online by the tracking number, the don't get info. Plus, my deadline is around the corner :'(

Thanks !!!