+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Does anyone here have a Valid job offer which can help add 8 points? How could it help accelerate the application process? Currently I have a closed work permit and work here as a temporary worker.
Yes, I do. I work as a temporary worker in Montreal. Working in Quebec will put you in some separate priority for CSQ, than other applicants. Thats all I know. I applied in May 2017. No news so far.

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Yes, I do. I work as a temporary worker in Montreal. Working in Quebec will put you in some separate priority for CSQ, than other applicants. Thats all I know. I applied in May 2017. No news so far.
shake hand. I submit in mon project in late May, no update till now. But return to the question, do you hold the valid job offer? seems the "valid job offer" is some thing different toward the LMIA/ CAQ...

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
shake hand. I submit in mon project in late May, no update till now. But return to the question, do you hold the valid job offer? seems the "valid job offer" is some thing different toward the LMIA/ CAQ...
Yes I hold valid job offer and is working on the same job. I was in US on H1B prior to this. After I got this job, the Montreal employer did the LMIA and CAQ (took 4 months). After that my passport was stamped with temporary work visa. After landing in Montreal, the immigration in airport issued temporary work permit for 2 years.

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Yes I hold valid job offer and is working on the same job. I was in US on H1B prior to this. After I got this job, the Montreal employer did the LMIA and CAQ (took 4 months). After that my passport was stamped with temporary work visa. After landing in Montreal, the immigration in airport issued temporary work permit for 2 years.
well, I was in the same situation as you now. Is that only the permanent work could have the valid job offer I think? Based on the information at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/employeurs/embaucher-permanent/demande/index.html
I am not sure whether our situation are permanent worker or temporary worker.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
well, I was in the same situation as you now. Is that only the permanent work could have the valid job offer I think? Based on the information at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/employeurs/embaucher-permanent/demande/index.html
I am not sure whether our situation are permanent worker or temporary worker.
We are temporary workers (the visa stamped in the passport says so) until we get CSQ and PR after that. If we got CSQ and our federal PR is under process, then the employer can extend the work permit without going thru LMO process.

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
I have a question of my foreign study major. My undergraduate major is Insurance, but my diploma is Bachelor of Economics. My graduate major is Risk Management, while my diploma is Master of Science. I could not find these two majors on the training area list, except there is a major called "Insurance and Financial Advosary", and it is in college or technical training level. Will my major considered as Economics? This part really matters to my application because without the 6 points, I will not qualify for 50 points.

rayrw

Jul 26, 2016
I have a question of my foreign study major. My undergraduate major is Insurance, but my diploma is Bachelor of Economics. My graduate major is Risk Management, while my diploma is Master of Science. I could not find these two majors on the training area list, except there is a major called "Insurance and Financial Advosary", and it is in college or technical training level. Will my major considered as Economics? This part really matters to my application because without the 6 points, I will not qualify for 50 points.
You might have to call MIDI directly to figure this out.

mhr_887

Jul 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am BComm Accounting student at Montreal University, and one year left in completion of my degree. It says on immigration site that one is eligible to apply be 12 months or less from the end of your study program, if its duration is 18 months or longer. Now I am filling my application for CSQ under Regular skilled worker, but under Mon projet it says only completed diploma will be considered for points.Will i get diploma 10 points for degree and 12 for AOT for my accounting degree? Kindly can you guide me regarding that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am BComm Accounting student at Montreal University, and one year left in completion of my degree. It says on immigration site that one is eligible to apply be 12 months or less from the end of your study program, if its duration is 18 months or longer. Now I am filling my application for CSQ under Regular skilled worker, but under Mon projet it says only completed diploma will be considered for points.Will i get diploma 10 points for degree and 12 for AOT for my accounting degree? Kindly can you guide me regarding that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
I think 0 points

mhr_887

Jul 25, 2017
I think 0 points
Thanks for your message. Kindly can you tell me whats the meaning of that if i will not get any point for that?
"To be authorized to apply for a CSQ in Québec under the Regular Skilled Worker Program, during your stay for studies, you must:
  • be 12 months or less from the end of your study program, if its duration is 18 months or longer.

rayrw

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks for your message. Kindly can you tell me whats the meaning of that if i will not get any point for that?
"To be authorized to apply for a CSQ in Québec under the Regular Skilled Worker Program, during your stay for studies, you must:
  • be 12 months or less from the end of your study program, if its duration is 18 months or longer.
That means you're free to submit but you'll only be assessed using your previous degree(s)

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
On
Only completed degrees count

vishalptl21

Nov 7, 2015
Does anyone know how can we reach out to MIDI? I got my CSQ last year but had to re-apply because i added spouse to my pr application. I have submitted spouse application-paper application to MIDI in March,2017. No update after. Still waiting. Call centre agents are useless. @APPNOV2014NY : if you know anyone with same situation.