+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Modifying Express Entry profile after receiving an ITA

AAbraham

Apr 25, 2017
I received an ITA shortly after submitting my Express Entry profile. However, I realized that I had made an error in the 'Education' section of my Express Entry profile and wrongly stated the institute I got my diploma from. I logged into my account and tried to modify the submitted application - however, instead of the option 'update form', I am seeing 'view form' and am unable to make any changes.

What do I do? I read that it is possible to modify your Express Entry profile even after receiving an ITA - why am I not seeing the 'update form' option?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
At the top of the page in your account, you'll see "Modify family information" field.

Click it and have it modified.

Hope it helps

Reactions: Trevor1

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Can I remove the work experience for my spouse after receiving the ITA as he does not have the supporting documents for the same? Although after removing the same, his experience is more than 6 years.
I am the primary applicant in our case.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
iverma said:
Can I remove the work experience for my spouse after receiving the ITA as he does not have the supporting documents for the same? Although after removing the same, his experience is more than 6 years.
I am the primary applicant in our case.
If you are not claiming points for his work experience, then it is fine not to include his experience in profile.

However, it should not affect your total CRS score.

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
jpv2212 said:
If you are not claiming points for his work experience, then it is fine not to include his experience in profile.

However, it should not affect your total CRS score.
Yes I didn't get any points for my spouse work exp as it was not in Canada?
What if I let it be in the profile and dnt provide supporting documents?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
iverma said:
Yes I didn't get any points for my spouse work exp as it was not in Canada?
What if I let it be in the profile and dnt provide supporting documents?
If you leave it in the work experience, it will create a container for you to provide appropriate documents.
But if you move your spouse work experience in the spouse personal history, you will not be asked to provide any supporting documents for it by the system.

AAbraham

Apr 25, 2017
AAbraham said:
I received an ITA shortly after submitting my Express Entry profile. However, I realized that I had made an error in the 'Education' section of my Express Entry profile and wrongly stated the institute I got my diploma from. I logged into my account and tried to modify the submitted application - however, instead of the option 'update form', I am seeing 'view form' and am unable to make any changes.

What do I do? I read that it is possible to modify your Express Entry profile even after receiving an ITA - why am I not seeing the 'update form' option?
Hi - to clarify, I received my ITA and now I want to go back and modify my Express Entry profile.
I do not see an 'update form' or 'modify family information' option in the submitted Express Entry profile.

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA after submitting my Express Entry profile. I am primary applicant , However, I realized that I had made an error in the Accompanying, Express Entry Spouse Form - 'Study and language'->official language section-can XXX communicate in English/French? and mistakenly I answered 'neither' instead of 'Yes' as my spouse can communicate in English.

(PS:I am not claiming spouse language test points)

What do I do? shall I answer this question as ‘Yes’ in post ITA form while submitting PR application.

appreciate quick response

Reactions: Arora69

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
AAbraham said:
Hi - to clarify, I received my ITA and now I want to go back and modify my Express Entry profile.
I do not see an 'update form' or 'modify family information' option in the submitted Express Entry profile.
You do not go back to your EE profile in your cic account to make changes. Once you get an ITA in EE, there will be a 'system generated PR application' in the application section of your cic account. you can make appropriate changes there.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
sam_vir said:
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA after submitting my Express Entry profile. I am primary applicant , However, I realized that I had made an error in the Accompanying, Express Entry Spouse Form - 'Study and language'->official language section-can XXX communicate in English/French? and mistakenly I answered 'neither' instead of 'Yes' as my spouse can communicate in English.

(PS:I am not claiming spouse language test points)

What do I do? shall I answer this question as ‘Yes’ in post ITA form while submitting PR application.

appreciate quick response
Don't worry, you are fine. you can answer that question 'Yes', you are not claiming any points. I believe its a survey question, they just want to know that how many (dependent)immigrants who can/cannot communicate in Canada's official languages, are going to get a PR.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
sam_vir said:
do i need to submit any LOE for this mistake?
Brother, have you already submitted your application? Or just asking about editing information before or after invitation?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
sam_vir said:
do i need to submit any LOE for this mistake?
Not at all. It's not a mistake unless you have already submitted an eAPR.