Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Hello Guys,

I just found that the birth certificate of my sister in Canada has a slight misspelling in our mother's last name. However, together with her birth certificate i submitted an letter from my home municipality verifying our relationship. Shall I ask my sister to get a new birth certificate (will be a lot of hassle though)? Or the letter from my municipality be enough?

I am claiming points for her.

Hope if someone can answer.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Your mother can write a notarized affidavit stating all the differences of names. That should be fine. I did the same thing. I had to show my relation with uncle (mother's brother) and had similar name misspelling issue.
Indi88 said:
Hello Guys,

I just found that the birth certificate of my sister in Canada has a slight misspelling in our mother's last name. However, together with her birth certificate i submitted an letter from my home municipality verifying our relationship. Shall I ask my sister to get a new birth certificate (will be a lot of hassle though)? Or the letter from my municipality be enough?

I am claiming points for her.

Hope if someone can answer.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Your mother can write a notarized affidavit stating all the differences of names. That should be fine. I did the same thing. I had to show my relation with uncle (mother's brother) and had similar name misspelling issue.
Hello, Can you please advise on this. I am not claiming points for my mother but her name was misspelled on my birth certificate. Since my country used the birth certificate to do my police certificate, the same misspelled name is also on my police certificate. It is only a letter omitted. Since we are required to write our parent names in family history, do I need to provide any documents for that? Or a LOE will be enough? Again I am not claiming points for her. Thanks

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hello, Can you please advise on this. I am not claiming points for my mother but her name was misspelled on my birth certificate. Since my country used the birth certificate to do my police certificate, the same misspelled name is also on my police certificate. It is only a letter omitted. Since we are required to write our parent names in family history, do I need to provide any documents for that? Or a LOE will be enough? Again I am not claiming points for her. Thanks
Your mother can write an affidavit stating that you are her son/daughter. And can state that the misspelt name in your document indicates the same person. That should be good enough.

Reactions: Holyange