+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Which is ridicules cause there are tons from Jan feb and mar who don’t have DM
I only saw two applications prior to April that indicate they are getting processed at Mississauga, yours and one other, that didn't have DM. The others all did. I figure you can only compare within a single visa office as the offices around the world all have different workloads and hence processing rates. Hopefully yours moves forward soon.

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
It seems like many of you have been waiting for 3+ weeks for your passport request after getting DM. I understand that Mississauga doesn't do PPR and issue CoPR and that the application is then sent to Ottawa (and in one case, Buffalo NY) for that, but it doesn't warrant a month long wait for PPR after getting DM. How hard is it to just send out an email for PPR? This is supposed to be the easiest part of the whole process for CIC.
Wholeheartedly agreed

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
I only saw two applications prior to April that indicate they are getting processed at Mississauga, yours and one other, that didn't have DM. The others all did. I figure you can only compare within a single visa office as the offices around the world all have different workloads and hence processing rates. Hopefully yours moves forward soon.
I am a January applicant processed through Mississauga. Have not seen a single progress in my application since uploading requested documents in February.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
That makes sense but wouldn't 2016 applications be processed in their respective VOs (based on the PA's nationality/ residence). The first batch of emails stating that Mississauga would continue processing their application was sent out as recently August 29, 2017.
To me it makes sense, because the older (2016) applicants may already be at the visa offices. Mississauga therefore is likely keeping 2017 applicants in house to make sure that they're not piling on more work for the visa offices which will allow them to focus on clearing the backlog.

I agree with you that it seems unfair for those people stuck in Mississauga to be delayed when visa offices are able to complete the process for others more quickly. I do hope that it can be addressed and resolved so that all applicants can go through the process without these types of delays.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It may just be that they're waiting to have enough cases from CPC-M to go through all of them in one week in Ottawa. As the first time Ottawa will do this it may need the presence of some CPC-M officers there. Just a wild guess.. There are very few ottawa entries in the spreadsheets so it's hard to know how fast/slow they are.

I've read that CBSA can do the coPR part, so I wonder if after 1 month you can just try your luck at the border?...

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
It may just be that they're waiting to have enough cases from CPC-M to go through all of them in one week in Ottawa. As the first time Ottawa will do this it may need the presence of some CPC-M officers there. Just a wild guess.. There are very few ottawa entries in the spreadsheets so it's hard to know how fast/slow they are.

I've read that CBSA can do the coPR part, so I wonder if after 1 month you can just try your luck at the border?...
My VO is ottawa all the way and got DM on Sept1. No PPR. I think that ottawa is the bottleneck and could be very much focused on the earlier applications.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
I've had decision made since Sept 1 and received my latest set of notes... here's a summary:

Assessments: Showing eligibility, security (blank), criminality and medical as passed and file as approved.
Due date: September 14 (this means nothing clearly since it has passed)
File location: CPC Mississauga registry
Primary office: CPC Mississauga
Secondary office: Buffalo (I'm confused by this since this office closed... in addition the latest update date is 2010?)

Lastly, Finalize Application/Document Issuance section is interesting. Last updated Aug 31 for counterfoil document and COPR. The status is showing Not Started for both but both say Print Queue: PQ-9515-VISA-PR and show that they're being issued at CPC-Mississauga but 9515 is code for Ottawa.

From what I can gather the file is in queue for PPR as the necessary work has been initiated but there just seem's to be a delay in the request. As for what office it's gonna come from I have no idea!

rjhicks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hi everyone, I think I fall under the category of being processed in Mississauga, mostly anyway. I received AOR, SA, medical request (and passed) and request for Schedule A and PCC from Mississauga. Also had it confirmed an interview is not required.

I was then told my application has been transferred to Vienna. I received a response to a request from the Vienna office that all is received and well, it's just in a queue for approval before I receive DM...

Anyone else in a similar situation? Trying to gauge how much longer I'll have to wait...

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hi everyone, I think I fall under the category of being processed in Mississauga, mostly anyway. I received AOR, SA, medical request (and passed) and request for Schedule A and PCC from Mississauga. Also had it confirmed an interview is not required.

I was then told my application has been transferred to Vienna. I received a response to a request from the Vienna office that all is received and well, it's just in a queue for approval before I receive DM...

Anyone else in a similar situation? Trying to gauge how much longer I'll have to wait...
Hi there, you actually don't fall in the category of being processed in Mississauga. Your application is following the completely standard process (proccessed at Mississauga in the beginning steps and then transferred to your VO for the remainder of the processing). Those of us in this thread received an email letting us know that our apps will be completely processed in Mississauga and not transferred to our VO. Maybe try the April applicant thread or see if there is a Vienna thread - you can also check out the consolidated spreadsheet and see if there are other Vienna applicants on there. :)

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
March 31st applicant. VO is missisauga. I got DM on ECAS today. Nothing changed on CIC yet

Reactions: elenama and KBH

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
March 31st applicant. VO is missisauga. I got DM on ECAS today. Nothing changed on CIC yet
Did your ECAS say "In Process" or "Application Received" before it changed to DM?
Best of luck with PPR now!

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Did your ECAS say "In Process" or "Application Received" before it changed to DM?
Best of luck with PPR now!
It has never said "in process", even when CIC said our background check was starting and we passed medicals. ECAS never changed from the first line of when application was received, until today when it went straight to DM

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Ah, that would make sense. I just need to speak to an agent about it, as my visitor's visa runs out at the end of November, so I need to make a decision about whether to apply to extend, or go back to the UK for a bit.
Can I ask if you were able to find any information about your visa extension or passport request? We are in the same boat as you. I am the sponsor with a job in Canada and my husband and son are on tourist visas until Dec 6. We just got DM today, but I have no idea when I will find out what the decision is. Or if we are considered implied status? Were you able to find out the decision result by calling CIC- I haven't been able to get through