App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Thanks! I'm a little worried atm, because the Dr for my medical put the wrong country on the form, saying I was from Ireland.

Anyone able to say how long they waited between DM and a confirmation email/letter?

Application received: May 9th 2017
Sponsorship approval: June 12th
"VO" (Mississauga): August 29th
Medical request: September 1st
Medical completed: September 9th
Medical passed: September 11th
Hard to say - there are quite a few that received DM on September 1st who have yet to receive their PPR/CoPR. What visa office are you going through?

DeeTee

Aug 29, 2017
Hard to say - there are quite a few that received DM on September 1st who have yet to receive their PPR/CoPR. What visa office are you going through?
Mississauga. I should also say that this shows as Decision Made on ECAS, but has no details once I click on it, and MyCIC shows nothing different.

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Mississauga. I should also say that this shows as Decision Made on ECAS, but has no details once I click on it, and MyCIC shows nothing different.
Sounds about right. From what someone else had heard from a call center agent, it seems like Mississauga is unable to issue subsequent documents and apps may be sent to Ottawa to process the final paperwork. Seems to be taking a long time though.

DeeTee

Aug 29, 2017
Sounds about right. From what someone else had heard from a call center agent, it seems like Mississauga is unable to issue subsequent documents and apps may be sent to Ottawa to process the final paperwork. Seems to be taking a long time though.
Ah, that would make sense. I just need to speak to an agent about it, as my visitor's visa runs out at the end of November, so I need to make a decision about whether to apply to extend, or go back to the UK for a bit.

Reactions: Canada91

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Woops Sorry. Your right. What I meant was Application Sent/Application received. AOR1: Sept 09 10
Thank you! I just wanted to clarify because we have similar timelines (I sent mine in August 2nd) :) so I wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
Well, my wife got a decision on Sep. 22, and we've been waiting to hear back ever since.
Same boat as you, received DM on September 1st and still haven't heard anything.
I have exhausted all of the communication channels.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My background check started today "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Slowly but steadily?... If Ottawa VO still needs to issue the final docs I wonder if we're looking at 3+ months after it gets sent out to Ottawa. Apparently they are totally overwhelmed...

Reactions: Nina53

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
My background check started today "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Slowly but steadily?... If Ottawa VO still needs to issue the final docs I wonder if we're looking at 3+ months after it gets sent out to Ottawa. Apparently they are totally overwhelmed...
Did you receive any kind of notification that it started? Or you just randomly checked and saw the status changed?

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Did you receive any kind of notification that it started? Or you just randomly checked and saw the status changed?
No notification, just showed "updated" on my daily morning cic check :) Since I checked yesterday I know it was either early today or late yesterday.. Holy crap now my ECAS says "Decision made" but it still says the same as it used to, with my last note saying medicals were received...

Reactions: Nina53

adam090epp

Oct 7, 2017
Well, sending emails to people who have already been approved is very tough, I'm sure, so it's no wonder they're overwhelmed. And it just gets more overwhelming while you're sitting around doing nothing with applications.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So in eligibility and background check what does it show in myCIC?