+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We were transferred back to Mississauga as well without notification. We only found out when we tried to contact CPC-Ottawa. Our background check has been 'in progress' since mid-June and haven't seen any movement on ECAS since then. September 23rd will be our 6-month mark, and I'm hoping the same - that we see some progression soon.
That's pretty good. It was better than me when they never requested my Sched A and told me not to send it unless I was asked to do it... <sigh>

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
That's pretty good. It was better than me when they never requested my Sched A and told me not to send it unless I was asked to do it... <sigh>
Sorry to hear that :(

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
We were transferred back to Mississauga as well without notification. We only found out when we tried to contact CPC-Ottawa. Our background check has been 'in progress' since mid-June and haven't seen any movement on ECAS since then. September 23rd will be our 6-month mark, and I'm hoping the same - that we see some progression soon.
That is how I found out as well. My notes confirmed it was transferred. I have heard nothing since. Frustrating!!!

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Looking at the spreadsheets, it looks like CPC-M streamed applications don't get / haven't gotten any ECAS updates to IP.

You should be careful about requesting many ATIPs. They make the whole system slow down...
Myth.

The ATIP department takes a snapshot within a day. After that, it's the ATIP department reviewing everything (or more likely just sitting on it until Day 30...).

Maybe back when everything was on paper, they'd have to physically take the file away from whomever was working on it, but now that things are electronic, there's no interruption of the process.

Last edited:

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Looking at the spreadsheets, it looks like CPC-M streamed applications don't get / haven't gotten any ECAS updates to IP.

Myth.

The ATIP department takes a snapshot within a day. After that, it's the ATIP department reviewing everything (or more likely just sitting on it until Day 30...).

Maybe back when everything was on paper, they'd have to physically take the file away from whomever was working on it, but now that things are electronic, there's no interruption of the process.
My wife works for the government and whenever she has to do atips she has to stop work to deal with them. I'm not sure your idea of an atip department is the most accurate...

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
My wife works for the government and whenever she has to do atips she has to stop work to deal with them. I'm not sure your idea of an atip department is the most accurate...
It is my speculation. Please tell all if you have 1st/2nd degree knowledge.

Perhaps in your wife's case, there's physical papers to be sorted through, or the ATIPs are unique queries?

For GCMS, others have observed their documents were electronically generated the day after their request. With CIC's warehouses of paper(pushers), the most logical conclusion is that 1-day extraction of all the pages couldn't interrupt the process. If any human-intervention were required, it would take faaaaaar longer.

Does your wife have any say in redactions? (Assuming there's nothing requiring cabinet confidence/DoJ consultations)

I particularly like the ATIP requests listed here:
http://www.ci.gc.ca/English/department/atip/2013/august.asp
Evidently there's an immigration lawyer doing their homework. I've seen the same types of requests in 2017:
Step 1: Ask for listing of all CIC employees and their titles
Step 2: Ask for email headers for key employees between certain dates (to avoid being too broad)
Step 3: Ask for specific emails based on headers

Last edited:

psvj19

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi guys ... I called to hear the automated status update at the cic call centre... she started off by stating application received, elibility under review medical successful no interview required no finger prints at this time
..... previously I believe they used to mention bgc has not started or something like that but the automated message didn't say anything about that.... I guess what I'm trying to ask is didn't they use to say that and if so why isn't it mentioning it for my status update??

mohibulah

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
I received a email from Mississauga which CPC office in email say I have to send A Schedule and police certificate and email said Mississauga office have to received on sepmtber 13 .
when embassy was sending to me canada post lost my document.
if I send a email to Mississauga is they will be give me more time any one knows please

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I just found out from my notes that they requested PCC (multiple ?) from me online which I never got. Is there an email or phone for this specific CPC-M that is currently dealing with our files? It seems like that other VOs have specific emails you can reach. It's not clear to me either where I should send my PCC. Since this thing takes 4 months to get I don't want to take any risks by sending it to the wrong address...

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I received a email from Mississauga which CPC office in email say I have to send A Schedule and police certificate and email said Mississauga office have to received on sepmtber 13 .
when embassy was sending to me canada post lost my document.
if I send a email to Mississauga is they will be give me more time any one knows please
Which address did they state? You can always send with delivery information/registered to make sure they arrive. Or by USPS.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I just found out from my notes that they requested PCC (multiple ?) from me online which I never got. Is there an email or phone for this specific CPC-M that is currently dealing with our files? It seems like that other VOs have specific emails you can reach. It's not clear to me either where I should send my PCC. Since this thing takes 4 months to get I don't want to take any risks by sending it to the wrong address...
If you need to call Mississauga (from outside Canada), dial this number 1 - 613-944-4000. From within Canada 1-888-242-2100. However to get to alive person is a challenge!

princessmaycalata

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Just today I received an email says the Application for Permanent Residence for my spouse has been forwarded to Office Visa in Manila for further processing. And today as well my husband did his medical exam. Does anyone knows what will be the next step?