+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I submit my application- 14 aug 2017
AOR received-23 Sep 2017
PCC & Schedule A- 4 Oct 2017
Medical Request- 20 Oct 2017 Medical done 22 Oct 2017

But In my GC Key My Bckground Check In Process From Feb 2018 & Also Update That We need additional document to continue Process your Application. After that i didnt got any email from CIC . Still background Check in Process.
You may have to call IRCC to find out what document (if any) they are requesting.

cupsndimps

Jan 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-02-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2018
Got COPR by mail!! Finally!
Check the detail of our path in my profile!

c17smith

Feb 27, 2018
Question: went through customs yesterday to renew my visitor record and was told by the CBSA officer that my app was processed Friday and that they already have a T number (?) issued for me that I will need to get my SIN number. Any idea when DM or PPR may be coming?
December applicant

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Question: went through customs yesterday to renew my visitor record and was told by the CBSA officer that my app was processed Friday and that they already have a T number (?) issued for me that I will need to get my SIN number. Any idea when DM or PPR may be coming?
December applicant

Have you checked ecas yet? DM could be on it's way if you haven't got it already. I've been told that after DM, PPR is sent within a few days if not on the same day.
Congrats!

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Guys, I need help. How can I contact the Mississauga office? My wife put in a file to cancel the outland sponsorship application this morning(living in the USA with me) to move back to Canada to work and get back on health care. We decided that we didn't really want to cancel the application but have the process continue while she worked. Is there anyway they can shift the application to Inland? Do we need to start all over? i already had background done and medical passed. Really we didn't lose everything.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Guys, I need help. How can I contact the Mississauga office? My wife put in a file to cancel the outland sponsorship application this morning(living in the USA with me) to move back to Canada to work and get back on health care. We decided that we didn't really want to cancel the application but have the process continue while she worked. Is there anyway they can shift the application to Inland? Do we need to start all over? i already had background done and medical passed. Really we didn't lose everything.
There was no need to cancel the application as an outland application can still be processed even if the sponsor and PA are in Canada, or if just the sponsor is in Canada. IRCC won't 'shift' an application if you move.

For you to do an inland application, you (the PA) would have to be in Canada and it sounds like you're still in the USA, so outland would be your only option actually.

Your best bet is to contact IRCC right away (try calling) and follow up via e-mail to not process the cancellation of the application if you'd like it to continue; but you may have to start over from scratch again if they've already withdrawn the application from processing.

The phone numbers are 1-888-242-2100 or 1 (613) 944-4000 and follow the menus.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
There was no need to cancel the application as an outland application can still be processed even if the sponsor and PA are in Canada, or if just the sponsor is in Canada. IRCC won't 'shift' an application if you move.

For you to do an inland application, you (the PA) would have to be in Canada and it sounds like you're still in the USA, so outland would be your only option actually.

Your best bet is to contact IRCC right away (try calling) and follow up via e-mail to not process the cancellation of the application if you'd like it to continue; but you may have to start over from scratch again if they've already withdrawn the application from processing.

The phone numbers are 1-888-242-2100 or 1 (613) 944-4000 and follow the menus.

Thank you, my wife sent an email stating she wants to revoke the previous choice of withdrawing the application. Is there a good time I can call to reach an agent? I keep getting turned away with an automated message saying to call back later due to heavy amounts of calls.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you, my wife sent an email stating she wants to revoke the previous choice of withdrawing the application. Is there a good time I can call to reach an agent? I keep getting turned away with an automated message saying to call back later due to heavy amounts of calls.
IRCC can be reached from 8am till 4pm local time from anywhere within Canada, which means agents are available during those hours for each of Canada's time zones. I've had the best luck calling between 7:30 am and 8:00 am Eastern time (already past 8am in NL and maritime provinces). Still had to wait upwards of 20-30 minutes to speak to an agent, but I wasn't disconnected.

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
IRCC can be reached from 8am till 4pm local time from anywhere within Canada, which means agents are available during those hours for each of Canada's time zones. I've had the best luck calling between 7:30 am and 8:00 am Eastern time (already past 8am in NL and maritime provinces). Still had to wait upwards of 20-30 minutes to speak to an agent, but I wasn't disconnected.

Thank you, my wife was able to get a hold of IRCC and explain the situation and revoke the withdraw that was just put in. The women on the phone was kind and said she was able to make a note on the initial withdraw form stating we no longer wanted such action done, but couldn't promise 100% it would work but she still felt confident. Has made us feel quite at ease more. I don't understand why it couldn't be 100% guaranteed, just hope it can be revoked.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
quick update guys, to have an answer from a visa office abroad try to contact them by twitter.
They answered us about where we are in the process with an email adress from the bogota office directly

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
quick update guys, to have an answer from a visa office abroad try to contact them by twitter.
They answered us about where we are in the process with an email adress from the bogota office directly
That is awesome!

What is the Twitter ID/# did you use?