Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
You think even they contact the call centre?
they will make you sign up some papers like privacy or share of personal info and then asked me if i want answer by phone or via email.
I asked for email response and they said it will be longer... This was in April when my application was over 1 year mark and i got the below response:

As requested, please see below the inquiry email for your citizenship application. Information below includes:

“We anticipate we shall able to process the file in approximately 8-10 weeks. Client will be notified once the testing date has been finalized”

Now its over 10 weeks they told me I still haven't received anything and i followed up with the MP's office via email on Monday, they told me they will be sending another inquiry via email to what's happening to my application.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
they will make you sign up some papers like privacy or share of personal info and then asked me if i want answer by phone or via email.
I asked for email response and they said it will be longer... This was in April when my application was over 1 year mark and i got the below response:

As requested, please see below the inquiry email for your citizenship application. Information below includes:

“We anticipate we shall able to process the file in approximately 8-10 weeks. Client will be notified once the testing date has been finalized”

Now its over 10 weeks they told me I still haven't received anything and i followed up with the MP's office via email on Monday, they told me they will be sending another inquiry via email to what's happening to my application.
How long did it take to get a reply from the day you visited the MP office?

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 9, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 8, 2019 at 10:31 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. You became a Canadian citizen on July 9, 2019.

Reactions: desolate

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Thank you very much every one in this forum. Thank you moderator for your efforts. It was really very helpful..
Wishing every one Good luck in their journey
Signing out

canada6999

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-05-2012
Interview........
In Process as of 3rd Jan, 2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2012 (New Delhi received it on 4th Oct, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
Congrats . When was your file moved to Scarborough ?
Not sure when I called last week I was told that the file is in Scarborough and since I have crossed the 1-year mark they will try to get the test date in 2-3 weeks.

desolate

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Got this below response from IRCC which was forwarded by my local MP's office not sure what it really means...

"Following a thorough review of the file, we found that further clarification is needed.

In order to assist your constituents during this important process, a request for further details was forwarded today to the responsible office.

As soon as we receive an answer from them, we will be pleased to communicate it to you.

However, if you do not receive an update within ten (10) business days, we recommend that you follow up with our center.

Rest assured that the responsible office is making every effort to process the request as soon as possible.

We hope this information is useful to you. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Got this below response from IRCC which was forwarded by my local MP's office not sure what it really means...

"Following a thorough review of the file, we found that further clarification is needed.

In order to assist your constituents during this important process, a request for further details was forwarded today to the responsible office.

As soon as we receive an answer from them, we will be pleased to communicate it to you.

However, if you do not receive an update within ten (10) business days, we recommend that you follow up with our center.

Rest assured that the responsible office is making every effort to process the request as soon as possible.

We hope this information is useful to you. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

Who is forwarding to who ? And who needs to contact who after 10 days ?

desolate

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Who is forwarding to who ? And who needs to contact who after 10 days ?
I contacted the local MP asked them regarding my application. They contacted IRCC and this is what IRCC office responded to my local MP regarding my file. So i guess the Local MP's office will get an answer if not they have to contact them after 10 days... I'm just not sure about this "further clarification is needed part"

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
oh i see. Looks like this is the acknowledgement from IRCC on receiving the request from your MP. Usually my MP office does not share this with me and directly replies back with the status and explanation on receiving it from the concerned processing office. So far i have had them contact IRCC 2 times with the 3rd one pending. Each time it takes 2- 3 weeks to hear back. This time to be safe I have also sent a web-form inquiry which i will use to compare and see if both sources of status are consistent.

Reactions: desolate

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
oh i see. Looks like this is the acknowledgement from IRCC on receiving the request from your MP. Usually my MP office does not share this with me and directly replies back with the status and explanation on receiving it from the concerned processing office. So far i have had them contact IRCC 2 times with the 3rd one pending. Each time it takes 2- 3 weeks to hear back. This time to be safe I have also sent a web-form inquiry which i will use to compare and see if both sources of status are consistent.
I went to my MP office yesterday. They are going to call IRCC and get back to me with a reply on Friday. I asked them if they contact the call centre we call or do they contact the processing office. According to them there is a separate phone line for MPs. However they are of the opinion that most likely it would be a standard reply from IRCC (the same as we get from IRCC).

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Is there any one here who has been told his or her file status is “****IN TRANSIT****” from one office to another? Mine is in transit for past month and a half.
No. When i call they say its in Scarborough and wait for date. they didnt mention if its in transit or in any other intermediate state. See below the response to my last webform inquiry. This was on Jun 24

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Scarborough, Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."